Is it still possible to get Neobitz encoder boards?

Finch

Hardened Shock Trooper
10 Year Member
I have two that might have gotten friend from a friend plugging a 12v supply into the 5v only CMVS systems I'm working on.

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
If you can wait a bit, I'm finalizing my NeoVGA boards which will do digital component video at both 240p and 480p out of a Neo-Geo.

Finch

Hardened Shock Trooper
10 Year Member
This sounds cool, any ETA on these? With the Neobitz being pretty much gone nowdays another option would be awesome. Please keep me updated on these.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I can make more Neobitz but I want to try mike's encoder as well since it can do 480p component which would fix A LOT of compatibility issues with newer TVs that require a minimum of 480i.

vinnieboy1

New Challenger
This encoder seems interesting. I would like to see this in action as well. Please keep us all updated

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
I can make more Neobitz but I want to try mike's encoder as well since it can do 480p component which would fix A LOT of compatibility issues with newer TVs that require a minimum of 480i.

Would you sell bare bone PCBS, if you end up not building anyone, similar to what Kurtz used to do?

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
I've been posting about it in the thread about my encoder/scaler, here's the most recent revision working on a 4-slot:
yAMexJw.jpg

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
If you can wait a bit, I'm finalizing my NeoVGA boards which will do digital component video at both 240p and 480p out of a Neo-Geo.

This is fantastic. My AES and XRGB don't get along, and I've not bothered to fix the issue. But NeoVGA sounds even better. Thanks man!