Is Crossed Swords playable in Japanese?

AlexKidd86

Overtop Pathfinder
Hey guys, I've always been intrigued by Crossed Swords and was thinking about looking for a copy. The only problem is I have a Japanese console without Unibios and can't read Japanese. Most of the games I have so far are either completely playable despite this or just have minor problems (like talking to people in buildings in Blue's Journey). However, I was thinking Crossed Swords would have too much Japanese text and be difficult to play. Well most of you have probably played the game and I haven't so what do you think?

Last edited:

PigInTheMud

Tarma's Gun Polisher
There's really no issue. There isn't much text that comes up at all. You don't need to know any Japanese to play it.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
It's unplayable without a memory card, otherwise you should be fine. It's an arcade game after all.

...but wait, isn't it by any chance already 21st century on my clock? You're one click away from a vid on the tube, which could answer all of your questions.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Absolutely playable. I think the cd version is the definitive way to play the game however cause, who the eff has a memory card?

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
It's unplayable without a memory card, otherwise you should be fine. It's an arcade game after all.

...but wait, isn't it by any chance already 21st century on my clock? You're one click away from a vid on the tube, which could answer all of your questions.

He is right.

Without memory card, you'll get "Game Over" screen after you die.
You can play it without knowing Japanese.

AlexKidd86

Overtop Pathfinder
Thank you guys for the info. Now I want to play it so I'm going to post a want ad if anyone has one they'd like to part with.

bytestorm

Armored Scrum Object
He is right.

Without memory card, you'll get "Game Over" screen after you die.
You can play it without knowing Japanese.

Who ever dies in crossed swords?!... ;P

Good luck on finding the game man! I quite like it and it shouldn't be that hard to find at a good price :D

Super spy on the other hand (same type of gameplay) is giving me a really tough time.. I can't like that one no matter how I try ; (

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Yeah I've beat it in Japanese. You have no idea what they are saying but it isn't an issue. I had fun playing in through in one sitting but I'd never do it again, absolutely kills your wrist.