Is anyone else sad to see no KOF 04 this year?

tbogard99

New Challenger
It looks very likely that we are not going to get a KOF04 released into arcades until 2005. This will mark the first year in the game's 10 year history that the title will not match the year released. (assuming they still call it KOF04 when it does come out) I guess with KOF: MI, KOF94 remake, and NGBC they just ran out of resources. Maybe this might be a good time for them to dump the year out of the KOF title and just call it The King of Fighters: "(insert subtitle here)"

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
It's not going to break my heart really. *Especially when no more KOFs will be released on the NEO hardware, where it belongs. I always said and still standby the ideology that I'd have rather KOF come out in 2 year intervals rather than annually if SNK and SNKP would've taken more time to really make each installment a whole lot different from the previous one. I'm still pissed they {SNKPlaywhore} never released GAROU: MOTW 2 before closing shop on the MVS Hardware. Oh well. :(

MERCENARY X99

SnkLove

New Challenger
Seriously i think its pathetic that snkp cant sell the aes name 2 someone like sunsoft or any other game host which was on the snk namebrand...like taito for example.It sad to see this happen...espically with kof, hands down the greatest fighter of all time! :buttrock:

NeoGeo Hunter

Fio's Quartermaster
Don't be too dissapointed dude I think some guy over at the ebay is selling HIS version of KOF04 special edition. :kekeke:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Nah, I guess I sort of expected it - with the death of the Neo and all. Anyway, KOF had a pretty amazing run - ten consecutive years is basically unprecedented in the world of fighting games. In fact, Madden is the only game I can think of with a similar record - and I really barely consider that series much of a game at all,
so ...

ericb

NEST Puppet
galfordo said:
... Anyway, KOF had a pretty amazing run - ten consecutive years is basically unprecedented in the world of fighting games. In fact, Madden is the only game I can think of with a similar record - and I really barely consider that series much of a game at all,
so ...

Yeah, that is a damn good run. I had thought for a second the Final Fantasy series may have had a little bit better record, but it wasn't one a year, because we're only up to 11 and the first came out in 87, so... I guess I was really, really wrong.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Not a bit. 10 games is plenty for any series, honestly.

Freelancer

Banned
Yes, I am saddened to see a true KOF 2004 on the MVS/AES where it belongs.
And no, the new Atomiswave and PS2 iterations don't count.

rockhoward

Crossed Swords Squire
tbogard99 said:
dump the year out of the KOF title and just call it The King of Fighters: "(insert subtitle here)"
I heard that's exactly what's happening.... SNKP's breaking out of the yearly KOF releases and doing "KOF: (subtitle)" every now and then. KOF had an amazing run but some of them had lotta bugs and etc. I think it's time for SNKP to take some time to create another amazing KOF rather then just a year.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
All great things must come to a end. The neo's no more when it comes to new games. The KOF team needs a break to get some fresh ideas and make the next generation of the KOF neowave series the best yet.

Hopefully we won't all be dissapointed.

kobylka68

Basara's Blade Keeper
Don't look at it as an end of an era. Look at it as a new beginning hopefully with some great new games.