Ironclad cart from NGF?

ProphetRG

n00b
I hear NGF is selling Ironclad AES carts. Mind you I don't visit their site after reading all the bad stuff they do, so I'm asking about what someone told me.

I thought Ironclad was CD only, and the rumors of an Ironclad cart version were only rumors.

Does anyone know what the truth is about this game?

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Yeah. It only came out as a cd game only (not for AES or MVS). I checked their site awhile ago. They claimed that they offer Cross Swords 2 for AES carts as well, and that game was a cd only released game, like Ironclad/Brikinger. I think they could have loaded the roms from emulator or something. It's very possible, and doable

ProphetRG

n00b
As I thought.

BTW, emulators are my specialty (I'm a siteop at www.retrogames.com) and there is no Ironclad dump except for the CD version of course. And there's just no way to make a cart from the CD dump without reprogramming the game, not to mention there'd be no music tracks etc. Unless NGF have some godly 68000 hacking skills, they need to remove that Ironclad cart from their list, cause it's not possible.

I've seen NGF accused of many lies, and I really think this is a good example of a lie. Unless they somehow managed to copy a rare Japanese prototype, there's no way they have an Ironclad cart version of any kind.

I know Jeff Kurtz has been interested in an Ironclad cart version for some time so I'd especially like to get his views on this.

[This message has been edited by ProphetRG (edited November 24, 2000).]

N

NGPSkinhead

Dion is caught in another lie. First he was telling everybody that Iron Clad was CD only adn now he trty to sell us a converted mvs Iron Clad. I don't know if it exist or not, but it wouldn't surprise me if there are indeed some Iron Clad carts.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Sorry to burst your bubble but Ironclad is a CD only game. I thought it might exist but that game has never shown the light of day expect from Dion which means about 0% here. Also I hadn't realized that the Irritating Maze game he's so proud of will not work on the home system as a converted cart no matter what you do to it. Hmm He wants $2200.00 for a game that will never play expect on a special MVS board. Oh yeah I heard Dion sold one of those MVS boards to someone and never told em it was only for IM and will not work on any other MVS carts at all. Sheesh, The lies & Lies just keep spreading...

BonusKun

C

Caris Nautilus

Originally posted by BonusKun:
Sorry to burst your bubble but Ironclad is a CD only game. I thought it might exist but that game has never shown the light of day expect from Dion which means about 0% here. Also I hadn't realized that the Irritating Maze game he's so proud of will not work on the home system as a converted cart no matter what you do to it. Hmm He wants $2200.00 for a game that will never play expect on a special MVS board. Oh yeah I heard Dion sold one of those MVS boards to someone and never told em it was only for IM and will not work on any other MVS carts at all. Sheesh, The lies & Lies just keep spreading...

BonusKun

So theres a custom MVS board for irritating maze and it wont work with any other games? Weird. Also I heard that Irritating maze is just that, Games hard as hell.

JRock917

, ,
Its obvious NGF is doing as they always have, and trying to use the hype o meter to drive up sales by claiming they have exclusive releases of games on cart. Its got to be just more of the same old pirated shit, just converted so that the big tymers will have something to do, assuming some of these games were ever actually put on cart at all.

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Of course I'm interested in Ironclad -- but not from NGF, or more specifically, Dion. I don't trust those guys. If they can't deliver a Baseball Stars cart, what makes you think they can deliver something like this?

Jeff

Originally posted by ProphetRG:
As I thought.

BTW, emulators are my specialty (I'm a siteop at www.retrogames.com) and there is no Ironclad dump except for the CD version of course. And there's just no way to make a cart from the CD dump without reprogramming the game, not to mention there'd be no music tracks etc. Unless NGF have some godly 68000 hacking skills, they need to remove that Ironclad cart from their list, cause it's not possible.

I've seen NGF accused of many lies, and I really think this is a good example of a lie. Unless they somehow managed to copy a rare Japanese prototype, there's no way they have an Ironclad cart version of any kind.

I know Jeff Kurtz has been interested in an Ironclad cart version for some time so I'd especially like to get his views on this.

[This message has been edited by ProphetRG (edited November 24, 2000).]

DEVIL_GUI

You can fantasize all day long, believing that you
IVE SEEN A VERY CONVINCING OLD ADVERTISEMENT FOR THE GAME......I CANT READ JAPANESE, BUT NORMALLY THE LETTERS "CD" WOULD BE FOUND........HERE THEY WERE NOT, IT MAY VERY WELL HAVE BEEN INTENDED BUT WAS SCRAPPED, HOWEVER IF IT WAS AT ALL IN EXISTANCE........WELL LETS SAY $2000 WOULDNT BE ENOUGH FOR SUCH A RARITY......
AND IM SURE THEY KNOW IT........AND WHO EVER SENDS 2000 FOR THE GAME ISNT GOING TO GET JACK SHIT FROM THESE LYING MORONS.......
JUST MY THOUGHTS ETC......
IVE LOST THE SITE URL, SORRY TO SAY........I MAY HAVE IT SAVED TO HDD, BUT IM NOT SURE........
DEVIL GUI