Iranian video game offers chance to blow up U.S. tanker

PopeCuervoLime

Avid Neo-Expert
15 Year Member
:rolleyes:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060930/tc_nm/security_iran_game_dc&printer=1;_ylt=AnuC0w0DZoXAkT_hyzSyk6ZU.3QA;_ylu=X3oDMTA3MXN1bHE0BHNlYwN0bWE-

TEHRAN (Reuters) - A new Iranian computer game sets players the task of blowing up a U.S. tanker in the Gulf to block the sea route for much of the world's oil supplies, a newspaper reported on Saturday.

The game, "Counter Strike," invites players to plant two bombs on the oil tanker to sink it and make the strait of Hormuz impassable, the Jomhouri-ye Eslami daily reported. About two-fifths of globally traded oil passes through the channel.

The game illustrates a warning by Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, who said in June that oil exports in the Gulf region could be seriously endangered if the United States made a wrong move on Iran.

Its launch also comes at a critical time in negotiations over Iran's nuclear program, which the United States says is aimed at making an atomic bomb but which Iran says is to produce electricity. Iran faces the threat of U.N. sanctions if it does not suspend uranium enrichment.

"In the new computer game ... the ways of shutting down the Hormuz strait through exploding a ship will be shown to the users," Jomhouri-ye Eslami quoted a statement issued by the game's state-funded producers as saying.

The cyberspace and computer games markets have witnessed sabre-rattling before between Iran and the United States. Games have involved special forces of each side blasting their enemies' facilities and foiling plots hatched by the adversary.

A popular U.S. game, called "U.S. attacks Iran" or "Assault on Iran" and made by Kuma Reality games, revolved around a special forces mission to destroy Iran's nuclear facilities.

The new Iranian game was produced by an eight-member team in three months for distribution in Iran, the paper said. Its launch was linked to commemorations of the 1980-1988 Iran-Iraq war, whose official start was marked in Tehran this month.

The designers and the sponsors of the game were not immediately available for comments.

SSS

neo retired
PopeCuervoLime said:

and we have plenty of video games here depicting US soldier blowing up stuff over seas. what's your point?

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Why is this so surprising my friend? What they teach their children in school and the cartoons that they feed them have worse content than this.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Ugh.

I thought this was about a game show where you got the chance to blow up a U.S. Tanker.

WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT WHAT YOU CAN DO IN VIDEO GAMES?

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Holy shit you've been able to rape women in Japanese dating sims for over a decade, some of them have even been American!

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
SamuraiShodownSensei said:
and we have plenty of video games here depicting US soldier blowing up stuff over seas. what's your point?

my sentiments exactly.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
ki_atsushi said:
Why is this so surprising my friend? What they teach their children in school and the cartoons that they feed them have worse content than this.

you make it sound like the US has none of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co1_9lR9EpM

Fundamentalist Christian America is a disease. It feeds off polarization. Sick-in-the-head Christians (seems like all of them these days) can't survive without sick-in-the-head extremists from other ends of the spectrum to fight against.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
when are we gonna have a game that accurately depicts the gruesome "Tishniek Massacre"? I want answers.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
wasabi said:
you make it sound like the US has none of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co1_9lR9EpM

Fundamentalist Christian America is a disease. It feeds off polarization. Sick-in-the-head Christians (seems like all of them these days) can't survive without sick-in-the-head extremists from other ends of the spectrum to fight against.

I don't know from religion, but I do know that when I was a kid I wouldn't have been caught dead doing something as gay as dancing around and singing about God.

Don't these kids have any self respect?

aria

Former Moderator
I'm with SamuraiShodownSensei.

ki_atsushi said:

Um, no. You're actually wrong.