Info: Consolized MV1FZ RGB and Controller points on the bottom of the board

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
i'm thinking of consolizing a mv1fz i'll get soon and here i am.
i dont post often here, but here is my little contribution to that project. you can upload it on oshpark.com and you'll get a board ready to be soldered. resistors needs to be "upright" like broken did just on post #12.

http://bit.ly/14esjkz
soon i'll receive 3 boards and i only need one. if someone want a board, i can send it. but price on oshpark are unbeatable : 1.13x0.82 inches (29x21mm). $4.60 for three (and i live in france, shipping fee worldwide are free). if something is not like the schematics, please tell me, i'll correct it asap.

Pics of the pcb layout?

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Cool! Maybe I'll go the PCB route instead. Was just looking to build one of these suckers.

tawy

n00b
@broken you just have to upload the file on oshpark and something like this :
i.png
and this
i.png
will show up :)

i think i could do a "cleaner" pcb with smd component, but everybody here dont have skill or tools to solder that kind of stuff... so with standards 1/4W resistor capacitor npn transistor package and that tiny pcb, you have a stereo mv1FZ :-)

i use eagle since something like 2 month, it's very easy to use.

i'm working on a ultra small supergun (~1inch deep) with 2xDB15 input for neo geo controller, standard molex psu input (for ide hard drive, easy to find on ebay) and standard neo geo RGB output.

Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Very nice!

Are the resistors in your pcb layout 1/4 or 1/8 watt? Only reason I ask is because the holes for the resistors to fit into don't appear far enough apart that a 1/4 watt resistor would sit flush on the pcb.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
All the transistor pins are shorting. You're DIP holes are too close together.

tawy

n00b
there is 3 T0-92 package drawing on eagle, the npn/pnp transistor one i have looks like that :
2SC1815.gif
so i hope the 2SC1815 i ll to receive too.
i know that npn/pnp can looks like that
03609019-1545-4d0b-abf0-c0c720a1d93f.jpg
but we just have to bend it a little bit to make it fit.
the dip hole seems to be too close, but those are not touching each other, i just took the correct eagle TO-92 drawing.
for the resistors, the spacing of each hole is exactly the same as the one on the board you use on #12 : 100mil the hole have the good size, i'm pretty sure of it :)
the goal here is to make the smaller one, but i can make a better board with large spacing using the good drawing of each component and a hole on each corner to fix the board properly to the slot. smd's can be hand soldered with a bit of skill if you want a real perfect professionnal looking PCB !
credit are for MKL of course, but i put mine on the board, please do not remove it.
the eagle sources are open and it's easy to edit the file :P

Last edited:

juci

n00b
i just made one for my mv-1b, should have ordered one of those pcbs they look so good.
stereo2.jpg

stereo1.jpg

quick question, did you guys get 5v from jamma?
and would soldering the audio directly to jamma cause any issues if i cut the traces?
edit: i just ordered 3 boards, theyre so cheap i thought why not.

Last edited:

juci

n00b
the difference is night and day, well worth doing. i just got some pcbs today, it took a few weeks but was 3 for 5 dollars so totally worth.

might post a pic of mine installed.

bochi

Cheng's Errand Boy
Does anybody have an extra pcb and are willing to sell it?

Hi all, anyone knows what components are the ones labeled PC? My pcb is missing one.
Thanks!

Just finished consolizing a MV1FZ board, and thought I would show some pictures of where to grab RGB and Sync and Controller port wiring from the bottom of the board..

IMG_0570%2520%2528Medium%2529.JPG

Via the wire coloring its easy to see whats what. The yellow is sync.

1fz_controls.JPG

I have circled and labeled which point corresponds with which controller wire.

I haven't seen this info anywhere else, so I thought others might benefit from it.

Todd

pollsoda

n00b
@Yodd Thanks so much for posting this. Just got a MV1FZ today and your photo was a lifesaver. I don't know if I've seen this documented anywhere else.

Obviously tied video ground to Jamma pin 14.

I still need to test sound, etc but I got a checkerboard image like I'd hoped!

Thanks again!

Attachments

• IMG_3771.JPG
    IMG_3771.JPG
    234 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Awesome! Glad that it was of some help.

pollsoda

n00b
Just ordered three of the MKL-based Stereo Mod boards from oshpark linked above, and the parts to build them. Pretty psyched to try this.

For those that have done stereo mods on this board, were you happy with the original Neobitz mod, or did you end up going the MKL version in the end?

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Yep, as was mentioned before it's night and day difference. Mainly louder audio with a fuller sound.

pollsoda

n00b
Hi... Is the silk screening for the transistors upside down?
C1 looks to connect to the emitter...

Just got my boards in from oshpark and at first attempt there was no sound. Confirmed that the transistors are screened upside-down.

Board works amazing though once you fix that!

pollsoda

n00b
In case anyone needs one, I have two extra of the MKL-based Stereo Mod boards (with the transistor screened backwards) made via oshpark. If anyone needs one, send me a PM, I'll sell em at cost and ship them free.

Would it be appropriate for me to post these in a sell thread/subforum here? I have my working board and won't do anything with these spares.

IMG_4675.JPG

Thanks again for the board schematics!

Last edited: