I'm getting published!

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
Not in a book or magazine, but a game. My translation of Ys: The Oath in Felghana from Japanese to English, which I did back in early 2005 upon the game's PC release, was purchased by XSEED for use with the forthcoming U.S. release of the PSP port of the game.

For anyone curious, the later installments play much like a very fast, action-focused Zelda. Hit the link for some gameplay from the PC version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4YlFiR61RM

21 years after discovering the series, my obsession pays off. ;D

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
That's pretty cool.

I've never played a Ys game though.

Don't even really know anything about them outside of that video you just linked.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Congratulations d00d. I been actually considering the purchase of a PSP (despite its shite battery life), now there's another reason to.

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
Hell yeah, grats!

That's the way it should be done. It's great to see someone's translation efforts being rewarded, rather than stifled.

Deuce

Thanks, guys. :D

No royalties, no. Flat fee for the purchase of the script itself.

P00t

Fuck eBay & PayPal,
That's pretty cool, how much you getting if you don't mind me asking?

I know that's what people really want to know :lolz:

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
*Achievement Unlocked*

Whoa that's pretty awesome bro! Now you can forever know that your name will be stamped OFFICIALLY on one of your favorite game series.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Now I'm gonna have to pick it up and check it for improper spelling, grammar, syntax etc.

Srsly though....it looks like a pretty sweet game, and it's good to know you're finally getting some credit for your work on it.

:)

aria

Former Moderator
Congratulations.

Now let me get the obvious out of the way:

What are they going to pay you for your completed SSRPG trans--oh wait... :emb: :p

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
21 years after discovering the series, my obsession pays off. ;D

Congratulations on the publishing deal! Do you know if the game will have the Japanese voice over with your translation, or will it actually have an American voice over added?

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Well, you might be a complete deuce-bag, but seriously congrats on your achievement. After putting a lot of time and effort into a project, it is nice to finally get paid... I bet the recognition ain't half bad either. I'd dust off any others you've done and start approaching XSEED and other publishers for further deals. Sell a few of those and you've got a little side hobby that provides a bit of extra scratch.

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
Awesome! I guess I should hang on to my PSP for a little while longer.

ilazul

Enemy Chaser
Hey that's pretty amazing! Congrats! :buttrock:

I played Wanderers of Ys (III) on Super, and I believe this is a remake of that game. I'll be sure to get it, amazing game.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Wow, and for a series you have appreciated so much. That's remarkable. A fan dream come true.

Deuce

Thanks again, everyone. Yes, even you, you and you.

Congratulations on the publishing deal! Do you know if the game will have the Japanese voice over with your translation, or will it actually have an American voice over added?
To the best of my knowledge, they will be dubbing it. With my script, which is very, very surreal.

Also, guys, I heartily recommend Ys Seven, when it's released. I happily sank 50 hours into that import, which is pretty impressive for an action-RPG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PPSHeb9fOI