If shit went nuts and you could only keep 3 games for the rest of your life...

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Ninja Gaiden III The Ancient Ship of Doom

Super Street Fighter II X The Grand Master Challenge

DoDonpachi

What about you?

Edit: Keep in mind I'm talking about what you have right now, no wish list or holy grails of course...also no multicarts, just 3 games, no collections.

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Doctors and Nurses...

Imps in Gimps...

Banal Anal...

xROTx

PS. I'm a simple man...

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
That's an interesting list you have there, EG. This is kinda hard, I wouldn't necessarily pick the absolute best games ever, but you'd have to factor in replayability, so a lot of story based games would be out. Just off the top of my head:

Dracula X (PCE)

Super Mario 3

Metal Slug

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
It is hard but I thought maybe just the games I play the most and have kept up with ever since I ran into them, I haven't 1CCed DDP yet but I'm getting close to beat the 1st loop (I know, I suck) sometimes I prefer Donpachi over DDP but I feel DDP offers the better challenge, DP is hard though, haven't cleared it yet but I'm also close, closer than DDP. Both games are pretty much hand in hand as my favorites 'cause for the longest time Raiden was my favorite shooter but DDP has taken that mantle and not just right away, it took me time to appreciate DDP, I was a total DP and Batsugun guy and hated DDP and all the new wave of Danmaku, I felt the feel of DP was more in tune with the games I loved but after a while I warmed up to the Danmaku or BUllet Hell or whatever the right term is. I don't preffer one over the other, I like both and I feel DDP although Danmaku it still has that feel of the older games, I love it, plus the system is awesome, the combos are fair unlike DP where it's so hard to build a decent combo. DDP is not like DP where your bombs refill when you beat a stage...kinda good and bad but I'm happy it isn't, it would make the game too easy.

...As for NG3 NES well, that game has it all for me (I didn't find some of the cut scenes so hot but that's irrelevant in my case) and I've played the bejesus out of it ever since release and I'm not at the point of doing speed runs, well pass the 1CC, just trying for a NO Death RUN, one I'm past that then I'll start playing for score. The game has so many ways of being approached, it's my favorite platformer, Ninja Spirit came close to take the spot but I didn't run into Ninja Spirit 'till later in my life and I'm still green, it has more atmosphere of feudal Japan and what have you but NG3 just took the edge because although Ninja Spirit plays amazing, NG3 is just offers the better challenge and experience, tremendous music, amazing stages, excellent layouts, I'm just amazed at the game every time I play it and that's where the fun truly lies for me. I can see in the game how the concept of platforming was already mastered but they wanted to set the bar even higher, the concepts of platforming combine with the graphics just really worked, it gave the game both ambiance and challenge, I know this isn't the first game to implement such terrains in platforming but I feel it was a very creative entry in that aspect.

Super Street Fighter II X: Fighting is my favorite genre, most of us started before fighting games, even in the arcade and I understand what was lost once SFII came around but it not only revitalize the arcade scene, it created a phenomenon, a new way to play games, a new way to approach them. The VS genre took off to new heights unseen in video games, it brought back the very archaic concept of VS gameplay, like Pong did with a space management vs game, that's what fighting games are. I know it's a crazy comparison but it makes sense to me. Anyway, it could have been Fatal Fury Special...it could have been many others but I feel my choice is the premier choice of all fighting games, the ultimate version of the beginning...

Doctors and Nurses...

Imps in Gimps...

Banal Anal...

xROTx

PS. I'm a simple man...

...lol I should have been more specific...

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals (Super Nintendo)
My favorite game of all time. Incredible soundtrack, excellent puzzle and dungeon design, good story, good characters, awesome artwork. Plus it has a randomly-generated, 99 floor dungeon. Near infinite replay value.

Animal Crossing (Gamecube)
You can get tons of classic NES games and there's a ton of shit to collect. Everything happens in real time so there's always something going on. More replay value than any game I've played before.

Waku Waku 7 (Neo Geo)
It's probably not my favorite fighter ever. That honor goes to one of VF4E, SF3:TS, SSF2T, SSBM, or MOTW. But WW7 just oozes personality and I could never see myself getting tired of it.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
River City Ransom (NES)
Contra (NES)
Mega Man II (NES)

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
* Picks three RPGs * :keke:

Naw, but for real, probably:

Espgaluda

SF2X

Metal Slug 2

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
TimeSplitters 2 (or Future Perfect)
Super Mario All-Stars + World
Age of Empires (or II)

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Does emulation count?

Just kidding. I'd keep NTM, maybe Viewpoint... as for the rest, well, it would rather remind me too much of that hypothetical shit that went nuts, instead of entertaining me.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Rolling Thunder

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Street Fighter Alpha 3

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Third Strike

Armed Police Batrider

Ms Pacman (speed hack)

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Mario 64
KOF13
Contra: Shattered Soldier

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Does the CPS2 multi count or Pandora 3?

If not, ill go with:
Street Fighter 2 HD remix
Mike Tyson's Punchout
Tetris

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I'm assuming we can't pick compilation carts/discs? I suppose that'd kind of be cheating as you'd be getting far in excess of three games.

- Populous (SNES version)
- NetHack (PC)
Several lifetimes on a deserted island probably wouldn't be enough for me to ever beat that thing.
- Freecell (PC)

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
GTA Vice City (PC)
Metal Slug X (MVS)
Dirt (Xbox 360)

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
You know, it just occurred to me that I'm a fucking idiot--I could just play Freecell with a pack of real cards instead of wasting one of my three precious gaming slots on it.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Super Metroid
Mushihimesama
World of Warcraft (yeah I said it, but there's enough content there to last)

I'd also agree with SSF2T but playing solo it would get old quicker than most.

Retrogamer

Troller of Old Men,
20 Year Member
Akumajo Dracula X Chi No Rondo

Intelligent Qube

Ikaruga

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Sega Rally (Saturn)

SkyShark (pcb)

DownLoad2 (PCE)