• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I can add a header to the Spitfire under the board to mount the negatron. You would just need to order one from dimension engineering and plug it in then tune it. If you'd prefer I install and tune it, I can do that. It would be an additional $24 which is the cost of the negatron shipped to me.

The header would be good enough for me.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
Did some testing on the proto, slight routing issue that needs to be fixed then it will be ready for pre-orders. I tested the routing fix and it makes it work as it should.

Thanks

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Did some testing on the proto, slight routing issue that needs to be fixed then it will be ready for pre-orders. I tested the routing fix and it makes it work as it should.

Thanks

Awesome! Looking forward to using it!

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Played with it today, it's a godsend on 1943, parodius etc... I played with tweaking the pots a little and the halfway point seemed to work the best for me, turning it all the way up or down did not give me the desired affect as I would say it probably shouldn't. I'm going to run it on a few more boards tonight including like final fight and see how fast Guy can throw punches :-)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455147257.856184.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1455147270.107591.jpg

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
For most games, the best setting is usually around the 9 o'clock mark. Some games I like to have a lower pulse rate instead of max fire rate like if I play games like loop master or sky shark.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
So in games like loop master and other games that use charge shots, what do you do in order to use both the turbo and the charge shot?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
So in games like loop master and other games that use charge shots, what do you do in order to use both the turbo and the charge shot?

You can't, this is rapidfire on or off. To have a rapidfire that would work with a charge shot it would probably need to be CPLD based and have to use another button as input to cancel/activate the rapid fire. It could probably be done without a CPLD but I would need to go back to the drawing board for the circuit and really think about which button it could use for that as shmup buttons aren't standardized, some use 1 button some use 6 buttons.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
I hear you. I'm just using it with games that don't have charge shot then...def gonna use it on Raiden, Sky Shark, Ghost Pilots (Mega lol), etc.

Edit: Def use it on Gunsmoke

Last edited:

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I'll also add this thing is straight cheating, I just walked all over contra, look at the regular shot the bullets look like laser shots haha. I love this thing!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455153148.129842.jpg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
Oh well now you can have even more fun with it.

That Contra action looks the balls. There's a bunch of games that this is going to be great for, I love it 'cause I can gage it just right for Galaga were it won't fuck up my shot but still take down the formations on the fly. I'd still play it as if there's no turbo there but it's nice on the later parts where shit gets real hectic.

Viper Phase 1 Old style...NEW/USA as well, even though USA has auto it doesn't really feel fast enough, I thought it was like a Raizing game where you set the bullet speed but no, it just doesn't get any faster at less you hammer that sucker.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
Revised PCBs have been ordered, once I can confirm everything on the board works as it should I will make a new thread for the pre-order.

Thanks for everyone's patience, I really appreciate it.

Bagheera369

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
ElectricGrave. For games that have charge shots, the fix is easy. there is a simple autofire circuit in the Arcade Otaku forums. You make it, (it rapidfire pulses any two buttons by pulsing through their ground, not their active line), put the normal charge shot to button 1, but add in some extra wire (like a "Y" splitter) , to make a copy of button 1, and shift that copy to button 3/4, whatever. That's where you put the autofire.

There is no way to do this with XianXi's cause it happens at the jamma harness, but his is so much cleaner and professional than the one you handbuild on AO. Plus his gives autofire to b1 and b2, of BOTH players.

I will be running both. As I have a 6 board pcb shelf inside my super neo, and 2 of the main games are strikers II and III. The other 4 are Gemini Wing/Raiden II/Raiden DX(already has auto)/ and Viper Phase1 (already has auto)
If I need the charge shots, I will turn XianXi's off, and use the homemade one at the control panel level. I only swap games around like once a month, or so...so readjusting things wont be an issue.

If that concept helps at all, I'm happy to have helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.