IC: East Coast Candy Cab Group Buy!!

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Any chance you guys could share with the rest of us?

Lads...

I just got an email... and would like to review this in further detail... hence... i'm LOCKING this thread... and would suggest anyone who has a prob contact me...

There's a few things I need to work thru before I unlock the thread... let's just say... it's best to put this on hold until i get ALL the facts...

The community is EVERYTHING to me... and you guys know that I wouldn't do anything that I didn't feel was important...

xROTx

PS. I will unlock the thread... or suggest alternatives... AFTER I get the full facts... that OK lads?

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Rot: Thanks for looking out. I appreciate your helping clear things up.

I looked into costs for the Blast City container. ~$4500 for door to door delivery to a storage facility in Montgomery County, PA from a very reputable customs broker/freight forwarder. ~$12000 total, which come to $480/cab. Not including insurance. If some else wants to head up a Blast group buy, PM me and I'll give you the info.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Rating - 100%
72   0   1
Rot: Thanks for looking out. I appreciate your helping clear things up.

I looked into costs for the Blast City container. ~$4500 for door to door delivery to a storage facility in Montgomery County, PA from a very reputable customs broker/freight forwarder. ~$12000 total, which come to $480/cab. Not including insurance. If some else wants to head up a Blast group buy, PM me and I'll give you the info.

I'll head it up if it's toward the end of the month. Traveling the next two weeks.

masamuneGTO

My Bro Aint HeavyHe's just not Wortha Christmas pr
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
So is this a Blast City buy only now? Or can we still get some NVCs and VCs?

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
So is this a Blast City buy only now? Or can we still get some NVCs and VCs?

The original one is still on, AFAIK. Need an updated cab count from OP to know for sure. Consider the Blast thing a backup plan as of now. Bunkhouse will check in with us in 2 weeks. Edit: He's going by "VT" again.

Last edited:

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Rating - 100%
72   0   1
The original one is still on, AFAIK. Need an updated cab count from OP to know for sure. Consider the Blast thing a backup plan as of now. Bunkhouse will check in with us in 2 weeks. Edit: He's going by "VT" again.

I'll be back in town after the 15th. At that point, I'll organize another one.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
So what's the deal? Is the $450 Rot referenced in the other thread shipped price, or excellent email prices + an addn'l 450 per cab?

I'm back in for a VC, if it's 450 usd/per cab.

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
So what's the deal? Is the $450 Rot referenced in the other thread shipped price, or excellent email prices + an addn'l 450 per cab?

I'm back in for a VC, if it's 450 usd/per cab.

No... I said the cost of the cabs is sorta like $450usd per cab.. maybe slightly higher because my maths is hazy atm... hence i beleive the asking price is fair...

I take into account... crappy beat up cabs that need replacing... broken cabs... etc etc...

However, VT is planning to do a bulk buy for people... and I'd trust my soul for that bloke... upto YOU tho guys...

xROTx

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
No... I said the cost of the cabs is sorta like $450usd per cab.. maybe slightly higher because my maths is hazy atm... hence i beleive the asking price is fair...

I take into account... crappy beat up cabs that need replacing... broken cabs... etc etc...

However, VT is planning to do a bulk buy for people... and I'd trust my soul for that bloke... upto YOU tho guys...

xROTx

Thanks Rot, pal...you know-I miss you chat dudes. Once I'm not able to see Rog in person every week, I'm gonna need a way back in. ^_^

iDevice support, por favor?

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Just want to add that despite my interest in a Blast via VT, I'm still onboard for a NAC over here, barring any official announcements of demise from the OP.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah it's back... Now to wait for the update from N80G80. new prices levels? Changes in availability? I still want to get my new versus on. (and perhaps standard vs if they're significantly cheaper)

indierocklocks

Geese's Thug
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I'm definitely interested in a Blast City group buy..(MAYBE a New Astro City)..plus Montgomery County PA is so close I would haul that thing home on my back if I had to. (Luckily I have a truck though). I can't get PM's or send them at them moment being such a fresh member to NG....but I'll be relentlessly checking this thread.

I have the cash on hand.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a feeling the blast city buy will get it's own thread... Should probably keep the posts separate since they're two different deals, two different dealers.

-Darien, also if one takes from the other, we might not have enough for either.

Mugicha, Have I mentioned how much that sig makes me wanna play snatcher every time I see it? and I only have it for Sega CD... which is in storage.

Last edited:

Coleridge

Pleasure Goal
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Just want to add that despite my interest in a Blast via VT, I'm still onboard for a NAC over here, barring any official announcements of demise from the OP.

Ditto for me. On for both, but I'm on the waiting list for a NAC in this buy. Definitely down with VT's. The dude is awesome.

N80G80

Igniz's Servent
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
Got back into the states late last night. I'll update a buyers list later. I'm not changing my price, I've done a group buy before, I'm not willing to risk losing money on another one. Plus as I said in my other thread I was planning on giving everyone new sticks/buttons for the cabs they purchase (was supposed to be a surprise, before all the nonsensical drama). Anyway I'll update the buyers list later, and we'll go from there.

dcsas

Integrated,
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Just to add N80G80 is great seller and I have had many transactions with him face to face. You should not hesitate to join the group buy with complete confidence.