"I went to this electronica show and it was fucking sweet"

Igniz v2

whinny little kid, why r teens so angry, needs sec
inspired by joseph/populous/poppy/P/whatever he changes his name to next month's post in the Girl Talk thread..

I recently went to HARD Haunted Mansion 2009 in LA.. it was awesome

In total I saw.. Justice, The Bloody Beetroots, Modeselektor, 2manyDJ's, Major Lazer, Danger, Crookers, Shinichi Osawa, Basement Jaxx, Deadmau5, A-Trak, and then little bits and pieces of other people as well. All were very very good.

2manyDJ's played 2 nights in a row and were extremely on point.. they're sort of like a more talented version of Girl Talk when they play live, they constructed a whole video show to go with their music which they played on DVD turntables, but they also mix a fairly diverse range of music. at the same time as they crank out the electro bangers, they closed the 2nd night with slayer's Reign In Blood.. it worked pretty well.

here's a clip that represents the show about as good as any.. mixing out of Guns 'n Roses into Mr. Oizo, into Queen, into Daft Punk..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX4AnYwnpgA

or this, Deadmau5 into lil fucking wayne into The Proxy (some pretty serious electro).. i'm visible in it for about 10 seconds all told.. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAlTtNZ1xOM

so, yeah. any other electronica heads on the board post about stuff you went to in the past or just went to, etc, should be interesting

Last edited:

Marek

Banned
I don't change my name half as much as horseradish does.

But awesome, thank you for making this thread.

My friends have been driving all around the southeast seeing deadmau5, so I think I need to check him out. Major Lazer would be so, so tight. I was listening to that last night.

On thursday I went to the Ana Sia pre-party where a bunch of locals spun. My friend goes by Dialectic Sines and distributes his sets on thePirateBay if anyone is interested. He does a lot of cool shit, remixes some Shpongle too.

Ana Sia is absolutely awesome. She seems to make it all around the planet so I'm pretty psyched she made it to Knoxville.

Phish was electronica sounding at times. They played the most outrageous Split Open and Melt, Antelope, Ghost, Dirt -> Limb By Limb. I don't care if you like Phish or not, there is not a music fan on this site that would have a had a bad time in Cinci this Saturday. Especially not a guitar player. Trey was carving notes out of thin air. He's one of the best to ever pick up the axe. They even played Axilla as an encore and it was a poster request from some dude in the front row :buttrock:

Glitch Mob / Dieselboy are going to play 4 blocks down to road from my house on Dec. 4th so thats what I'm looking forward to.

Last edited:

Igniz v2

I don't change my name half as much as horseradish does.

But awesome, thank you for making this thread.

My friends have been driving all around the southeast seeing deadmau5, so I think I need to check him out. Major Lazer would be so, so tight. I was listening to that last night.

On thursday I went to the Ana Sia pre-party where a bunch of locals spun. My friend goes by Dialectic Sines and distributes his sets on thePirateBay if anyone is interested. He does a lot of cool shit, remixes some Shpongle too.

Ana Sia is absolutely awesome. She seems to make it all around the planet so I'm pretty psyched she made it to Knoxville.

Phish was electronica sounding at times. They played the most outrageous Split Open and Melt, Antelope, Ghost, Dirt -> Limb By Limb. I don't care if you like Phish or not, there is not a music fan on this site that would have a had a bad time in Cinci this Saturday. Especially not a guitar player. Trey was carving notes out of thin air. He's one of the best to ever pick up the axe. They even played Axilla as an encore and it was a poster request from some dude in the front row :buttrock:

Glitch Mob / Dieselboy are going to play 4 blocks down to road from my house on Dec. 4th so thats what I'm looking forward to.

Deadmau5 i felt was a bit dull.. very pretty lights but other than that i don't really dig his whole like.. minimal/trance/electro sound, there were a few tracks that were quite good but nothing i'd tour chase for.

Major Lazer however was fucking crazy.. Diplo threw me a shirt, it was sweet.
None of the guest vocalists were present which is a bit of a bummer but they had two dancer/MC type people with them which made things entertaining. And.. you can't really go wrong with pon de floor live anyways, or jump up, or... etc. 2manyDJ's did a really awesome mix at another point in their set as well, pon de floor into aphex twin's windowlicker. madness.

Last edited:

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
I've seen Tiësto a few times along with Armin Van Buuren and Dubfire. I'd like to go to more shows, but I have to drive three hours to DC if I want to see any EDM.

You should check out Popof, Andy Duguid, and Booka Shade. DeadMau5 is nice too, would like to see one of his shows. A lot of big names come to DC, but like I said, it's not easy for me to pick up and drive down there.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I've seen Tiësto a few times along with Armin Van Buuren and Dubfire. I'd like to go to more shows, but I have to drive three hours to DC if I want to see any EDM.

You should check out Popof, Andy Duguid, and Booka Shade. DeadMau5 is nice too, would like to see one of his shows. A lot of big names come to DC, but like I said, it's not easy for me to pick up and drive down there.

I saw dubfire last weekend. It's always interesting to see people on e. the sweaty hands, and the incessant touching, rubbing of hands, you know.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
I saw dubfire last weekend. It's always interesting to see people on e. the sweaty hands, and the incessant touching, rubbing of hands, you know.

I really wanted to go, but I had to help my dad paint. That, and I'm trying to save money.

And it's funny to see people blowing those Vick's inhalants into each others' eyes.

black_wizardd

Nom-nom-nom 1975, ,
Deadmau5 played in my hometown at the begining of the year. It was the first I'd heard of him and I thoroughly enjoyed his set.

2 Many DJs seem somewhat like a more dance orientated version of the Scratch Perverts. Judging by the youtube footage, I'd have been in my element during their set.

Clark is the best electronic musician that I've seen live. He was absolutely fucking nuts, as was everyone at the gig! :make_fac:

Igniz v2

Deadmau5 played in my hometown at the begining of the year. It was the first I'd heard of him and I thoroughly enjoyed his set.

2 Many DJs seem somewhat like a more dance orientated version of the Scratch Perverts. Judging by the youtube footage, I'd have been in my element during their set.

Clark is the best electronic musician that I've seen live. He was absolutely fucking nuts, as was everyone at the gig! :make_fac:

2manyDJ's are a part of a rock band called Soulwax.. when they're not doing that they'll play in clubs with just the 2 of them as opposed to the 4 people that are in the full band. Soulwax make good tracks and amazing remixes.

frobenius314

Cham Cham's Banana
Phish was electronica sounding at times. They played the most outrageous Split Open and Melt, Antelope, Ghost, Dirt -> Limb By Limb. I don't care if you like Phish or not, there is not a music fan on this site that would have a had a bad time in Cinci this Saturday. Especially not a guitar player. Trey was carving notes out of thin air. He's one of the best to ever pick up the axe. They even played Axilla as an encore and it was a poster request from some dude in the front row
:buttrock:
Glad you had a great time at Phish. Unfortunately, no fall tour for me :(

But yeah, Page's new moog synth work has been sweet too. Trey is getting his better each show.

Some of the electronic music I've been into lately are Silver Apples and old Bruce Haack stuff.

Here is a cool clip Bruce Haack on Mr. Rogers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzVltq-6I4A

Marek

Banned
:buttrock:
Glad you had a great time at Phish. Unfortunately, no fall tour for me :(

But yeah, Page's new moog synth work has been sweet too. Trey is getting his better each show.

I am tempted to simply ignore you but I won't.

I don't give a fuck if you like Phish or not. The wookette thread you made was so awful in so many ways that I'll always regard you as 'that complete asshole who made the wook thread and is a worthless memeber'

A) That girl was not even a wook. Not even close. http://www.passedoutwookies.com/ - Refresh your memory, dumbfuck.

B) You like shitting on peoples faces.

Either apologize for being a douchebag or do not post in this thread.

lol you trying to be friendly after that epic war room faggotry.

frobenius314

Cham Cham's Banana
I am tempted to simply ignore you but I won't.

I don't give a fuck if you like Phish or not. The wookette thread you made was so awful in so many ways that I'll always regard you as 'that complete asshole who made the wook thread and is a worthless memeber'

A) That girl was not even a wook. Not even close. http://www.passedoutwookies.com/ - Refresh your memory, dumbfuck.

B) You like shitting on peoples faces.

Either apologize for being a douchebag or do not post in this thread.

lol you trying to be friendly after that epic war room faggotry.

I apologize that you get easily offended from a thread that in the war room that was clearly a joke and taking my statement "That I like shitting on people's faces" seriously.

My advice, just put me on ignore.

Marek

Banned
I apologize that you get easily offended from a thread that in the war room that was clearly a joke and taking my statement "That I like shitting on people's faces" seriously.

My advice, just put me on ignore.

Nope. You won't be a long term poster anyway.

What was funny about that joke anyway? Why wasn't she a wook? Where were her dreads? That joke failed on every level.

The ensuing discussion confirmed that you are a huge loser.

I hope that whenever you go to your next show/fest that the scene shits all over your face.

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
I missed the Deadmau5 show in tampa a few weeks ago and heard it was really good... on the Plus side I'll be seeing Sharam in Santo Domingo on the 4th.

electronica shows are always better outside of the u.s.... just saying:smirk:

black_wizardd

Nom-nom-nom 1975, ,
2manyDJ's are a part of a rock band called Soulwax.. when they're not doing that they'll play in clubs with just the 2 of them as opposed to the 4 people that are in the full band. Soulwax make good tracks and amazing remixes.

Ah! I wondered what was up with the whole Soulwax thing, as I've seen it mentioned in the same context as 2manyDJ's on numerous occassions. I thought it was some sort of radio station! :emb:

Marek

Banned
Glitch Mob and Dieselboy were soo on point.

Dieselboy pretty much stole the show. The bass was so ridiculous I could scarcely believe it. Through some of his set I just sat on the ground directly in front of the left side subwoofers and I felt like I was going to have a heart attack.

GlitchMob was blown away by the sheer turnout and psychedelic atmosphere of Knoxville.

My neighbors had an latenight afterparty that raged until daylight. Live djs, crazy shit.

That day was nuts. I got stood up for a date for the first time in my life, then went to the show rolled my nuts off and ended up leaving the afterparty with this with this wild East Tennessee woman in the first snow of the season. I didnt sleep till 10am haha.

Best night in recent memory.

smuf

Vice's Love Slave
15 Year Member
Going to Soulwaxmas next week :)
I'm on the guestlist thanks to a friend, good times.
I'll be seeing 2 many dj's, Soulwax, Aeoroplane, Tiga and Erol Alkan.

Last edited: