I wanted some Evercade stuff and got some Evercade stuff.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Okay, so I decided I want to see about messing around with some Evercade stuff and thought I would see if anyone here has any they want to part ways with.

Console, games, whatever.. I don't have anything.

I've got cash and maybe can come up with some crap for trade if you like crap.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I think Castlemania has a deal going on right now for this.

FAT$TACKS

15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Thanks.

I checked it out and it is a pretty good sale.

I picked up a few carts I wanted.

Sadly, I'm having trouble finding the handheld unit anywhere.

Ordered a console unit though.

NeoTeam546

Cheng's Errand Boy
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Good luck, I try to keep a hawk eye on p2p sales for evercade stuff and when it comes up for a "used" price it gets snatched up pretty quick.

I got a evercade VS had to get one (since the amico failed LOL 😉) and its pretty solid. Also want to get that EVERSD cart for it, look into that as well.

FAT$TACKS

15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I ordered some stuff from Castlemania and am kind of let down with their service. That was at the end of last month, and they don't answer any requests for an update or what is going on. Got computer generated shipping thing saying it shipped after a little over two weeks.

Should be here tomorrow.. 22 days after being ordered. Nothing was out of stock or on back order so I don't know what the slowdown was.

Aside from that I bought some stuff from a guy and ended with some extra items out of the deal.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I ordered some stuff from Castlemania and am kind of let down with their service. That was at the end of last month, and they don't answer any requests for an update or what is going on. Got computer generated shipping thing saying it shipped after a little over two weeks.

Should be here tomorrow.. 22 days after being ordered. Nothing was out of stock or on back order so I don't know what the slowdown was.
That sucks. I've ordered from Castlemania a few times and everything was always quick and satisfactory. If they were having issues you'd think they'd at least respond to your requests and let you know what was going on.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Handheld is available on Amazon for $99 with three carts (Atari, Interplay, and Data East).

How is the system overall?

FAT$TACKS

15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
The console system is pretty nice. There is a lot of secret stuff also.
There are hidden games you can find with different button combinations or game cartridge combinations.
They have started doing some other cool stuff as well.

I like that I've managed to get a lot of different controllers working with the system. Also, supposedly the button mapping issues are being addressed and will hopefully be resolved before too long. Buttons can't be mapped on a per game basis at the moment.

As for the handheld. I don't really play portable but just wanted one to be able to do this....

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
So why do some carts only work on the portable and not the console out of the gate? Licensing?

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I have the following four that you can have for what they cost me. ~$100 CAD
They are still sealed.

Vol. 13 ATARI Lynx Collection 1
Vol. 14 Jaleco Collection 1
Vol. 15 ATARI Lynx Collection 2
Vol. 16 PIKO Collection 2

Or we can try a trade too.

Let me know if you're interested in them.

FAT$TACKS

15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
My package from Castlemaina finally arrived.

The stuff was a good price on sale so I can't complain about that. Just the shipping time lack of response in communication.
I can give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they just got swamped with orders due to the sale, but even with that it takes like just a few moments to send an email.

Anyhow, just thought I would share my experience.

Also, I'm pretty good on Evercade stuff now aside from wanting some more controllers. for the VS console.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
I didn’t realize they had modern games like Xeno Crisis...that’s kinda cool.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
So why do some carts only work on the portable and not the console out of the gate? Licensing?
Yes, it's a licensing thing, and it's literally just the two Namco Museum carts. Every other cart including upcoming releases works on both handheld and home consoles.

FAT$TACKS

15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Also, due to some licensing stuff the following cartridges will no longer be produced:

Namco Collection 1 (ends June 2022)

Namco Collection 2 (ends June 2022)

Technos Collection 1 (ends March 2022)

Oliver Twins Collection (ends March 2022)

So If you want any of those, pick them up before the aftermarket price jumps up on them.