I received today...

poodude

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Very nice! I'm just missing tournament arkanoid myself . Isn't it possible to do a Rom swap from regular to tournament? I'vegone through a few ankanoids due to them failing in some way. Revenge of doh has been perfect though .

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
I don't know for sure, I'll compare the rom chips, I know that 3 of them on the tournament were eeproms, I put a piece of tape on top of them.

Revenge of doh is my favorite I think.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
About the Mini Neo Cab; Take the original to a mill to be reproduced and drill away. I have a repro of the art that could easily be altered for a 1P CPO, it's all layered and ready for alteration...you're not doing it anyway so...

the7k

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Spoiler:
20141214_140426.jpg

Just picked up Chase H.Q. at an arcade auction for $50. Glad to see it there, this was the first time I've seen a working CHQ at an auction. Hell, I think it's the first time I've seen one at an auction period. Love how the sirens light up during gameplay.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Got a Blast City couple weeks ago. Also my restock of buttons came in from Focus Attack. Also got a Hori Hayubusa stick.
20141215_222954_zpsmeqhtdse.jpg

chrd

n00b
Some cheaper carts (a pity the 2020 SB label is fake, I will have to search for a cart with an original label someday).

photo_2.jpg

chrd

n00b
Why's wrong with that label on the 2020?

It's not as clear in the picture but the label is (quite recently, if you ask me) printed and then glued on top of another (perhaps damaged, or Japanese) label. You can still see the 'printed' borders (they were not 100% accurate with the scissors).

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
MVS games are meant to be ugly bastards. Repro label usually don't make a difference to value; as long as the boards inside are legit, play ball!

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
HAHA WHAT A SHIT LABEL U SHOULD FEEL ASHAMED

HDRchampion, props for solid colors. Let’s see a nice CP panoramic once they are all installed :D

Last edited:

chrd

n00b
MVS games are meant to be ugly bastards. Repro label usually don't make a difference to value; as long as the boards inside are legit, play ball!

I must say I disagree on the 'meant to be ugly bastards' part, but that's might mostly be personal preference / taste of course. A nice minty MVS cartridge with original boards and a nice hologram label can look sexy (in my opinion). And it's arguably (a tiny bit) more authentic. Although following that train of reasoning I've never seen the need to shell out (massively) extra for MVS kits with matching serials.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I must say I disagree on the 'meant to be ugly bastards' part, but that's might mostly be personal preference / taste of course. A nice minty MVS cartridge with original boards and a nice hologram label can look sexy (in my opinion). And it's arguably (a tiny bit) more authentic. Although following that train of reasoning I've never seen the need to shell out (massively) extra for MVS kits with matching serials.

The thing is, these aren't AES carts, a lot of the games were treated poorly by arcade ops. And even when not abused they say in cabs that had high temperatures that would either A: dry the label out and cause it to separate or B: the glue would get hard and let the label go. I get the point of wanting a nice label on a cart but my carts sit in a cab and I never once see the label so I personally could care less. Lest it be known that a seller will most certainly charge you more for a "minty" label over a torched one. I can't echo this statement enough "The art is in the cart, not on a generic font label"

chrd

n00b
The thing is, these aren't AES carts, a lot of the games were treated poorly by arcade ops. And even when not abused they say in cabs that had high temperatures that would either A: dry the label out and cause it to separate or B: the glue would get hard and let the label go. I get the point of wanting a nice label on a cart but my carts sit in a cab and I never once see the label so I personally could care less. Lest it be known that a seller will most certainly charge you more for a "minty" label over a torched one. I can't echo this statement enough "The art is in the cart, not on a generic font label"

Well I (sort of) agree. I'll still personally pay (a little) more for a minty label if easily available but I'll take a damaged or missing one for a game I want.

I have nothing against replacement labels per se, but they should be just that imo (clearly be identifiable as replacement labels, like the ones from jamma-nation-x).

Unfortunately I've encountered carts with labels printed off directly from the mvs-scans website (including stains on the scans sometimes)...

photo-3.JPG

That is a dishonest practice in my book (certainly when the overwhelming glue smell makes it apparent the 'new' label just got applied).

PS: this particular practice was not the case with the SB 2020 cart

GeePM

Armored Scrum Object
IMG_20141215_221318.jpg
I got a buncha shockboxes the other day, along with copies of Metal Slug 2 & 4!
Hopefully I can get 5 soon to round out my collection.

RoadBuster

Crossed Swords Squire
Spoiler:
20141214_140426.jpg

Just picked up Chase H.Q. at an arcade auction for $50. Glad to see it there, this was the first time I've seen a working CHQ at an auction. Hell, I think it's the first time I've seen one at an auction period. Love how the sirens light up during gameplay.

Such an awesome game, and at a great price, too!

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
Where did you dig that guy up? We still need to make a run to Fly's place sometime soon.