I HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF!!!!!!

NeoZero

New Challenger
I and Kingleg@juno.com have both been ripped off from an Ebay Transaction!

The sellers email was: targetwalk@aol.com

He ripped me $300 dollars for a Mint Neo-Geo Home System w/ an Arcade Mod.

Im not sure what Kingleg@juno.com was ripped for but he wasnt very happy about the current situation.

Heres Information on him/her, im not sure if this information is right but i got it straight from Ebay.

He/she could have put this ladys/mans information on ebay, so im a little puzzled!

Name: Sanaye Nichole Walker
Address: 729 San Miguel Avenue, Stockton, CA 95210
phone number: i called it and operator came up, and obviously it isnt a number anymore! (209) 952-0165

Anyways how should I handle this bad transaction? Remember this was an EBAY transaction. Please everyone let me know ASAP!

Email me at: NeoZero330@msn.com
Or leave a post here.

-NeoZero

Why do people have to be this way? It makes me sick thinking people will treat other people this way...
frown.gif

yuckydog

Morden's Lackey
Me and Matt (Force$) got ripped off as well. Both of us were sold items that the guy claimed were new or mint condition and were obviously used and in poor condition.

You can file a claim if it was an Ebay transaction since all eBay auctions are insured by Lloyd's of London.

James

Robi15

20 Year Member
Another thief. This sucks.
"Geez, lets take other peoples money and do not send anything back. And then, yeah, let's like change my email and register my self under a new username and do it all over again! I'm having so much fun with this money i got."
rolleyes.gif

F*¤#k. I hate such PEOPLE. Don't they know that ower money was hardly earned?

Only thing is just to report him/her for mailfraud. Or try to track down theyr new Tel nr somehow. Or do as yuckydog mentioned.

Shawn

snkusa.com
Originally posted by NeoZero:
Just got my cart system a month ago. I’m only 15 now, but i have a JOB and id say about 70 percent of my pitiful income goes towards it!

-NeoZero

Sorry to hear about your loss NeoZero. $300 would be a frustrating loss for anyone, but I can see how this could be exceptionally rough on you. You are covered up to $200 by ebay’s insurance. Don’t let this get you down.

asam79

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Why more and more thief this day?

They know Neo geo stuff are hot items.
Anybody can lie and mention they have the Neo stuff in stock.

and anybody can get Rip off in any day due to internet scam.

Wow, I am glad we as Neo community now has this forum. Thanks Shawn for creating this forum...
At least Neo fan/buyer will be more careful next time.

Maybe, we should have a section that summarize all the bad deal or the black book. Not just your blackbook.
A summary... in one particular section only.
So, People can see the list...
At least to minimize bad deal or upset on Neo deal...

NeoZero

New Challenger
Shawn, let me know the next time you get in a Mint or Near Mint English Neogeo Home System because I would like to buy it off you. I have learned my lesson, to talk to people over the phone before I purchase the item, that is if the item is over $200! I just cant believe someone could get off ripping someone that bad!

I would appreciate it if you could add this to your black book, but then again it may not help, so its up to you.

-NeoZero

My original system I had, I sold to Pedu awhile ago. I wasnt satisfied with the condition, so I got rid of it.

Robi15

20 Year Member
You can also try to use i-escrow to all you'r purchases over,let's say 200 US. If the person liv's in US and refuses to accept i-escrow, you can have a feeling that the seller can be a dishonest one. That way you can be safe.

Robi15

Adol

The French Connection, ,
Originally posted by NeoZero:
Shawn, let me know the next time you get in a Mint or Near Mint English Neogeo Home System because I would like to buy it off you. I have learned my lesson, to talk to people over the phone before I purchase the item, that is if the item is over $200! I just cant believe someone could get off ripping someone that bad!

then you are not used to deal a lot on internet

i think that i've been ripped,in the last 3 years,for at least $5000...yep,$5000
i buy a lot though

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
Well adol, its not just that you have been Ripped... I know you to be a pretty honest trader since we both started on ebay at the same time, about 3 years ago. Some times your payments get lost, and some times the items that get shipped to you get lost. Its the price you have to pay to be an international dealer. In our dealings together, Iv gotten items from you, payments from you, payments that never arrived from you, items that never arrived to you, items that got returrned to me and I had to send them back... you see, Im an honest seller and so are you, so if our transactions over the years are ALL differant each time, then what does that tell you about international dealing as a whole? Its always going to be a little more risky then dealing in your own country. But outside your country is where the money is!

DIY

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Dude that sucks! I hate eBay for shit like that. Sue for mail fraud!

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
I've bought stuff over the internet and I've only been ripped off once for $30 over the past 3 years.

You may say I'm lucky, but before you buy anything, if it's on eBay:

-Check the seller's feedback, don't even place bid with excessive negative feedbacks.

If not from ebay, just ask us here before you sink the money, remember, Neo-Geo stuff involves a lot of money, it'll sure draw a lot of crooks and thieves. Also, NEVER, I mean NEVER, send payment for items you tried to bid and someone else offered you the Neo-Geo items (NGF will do that on many expensive carts).

One time I've placed bids on various Neo-Geo home and MVS carts and the same person offered me every item I tried to bid, I knew right away that this is scam since NO ONE can offer every Neo-Geo games you're looking for in the same time. Even the best sources from abroad such as Jyosui, Velimir Tatalovic (MVS from Germany), and Supersellers will tell you that some games will take weeks to locate, so, be realistic.

Another safe way for me is I stick with a few good people, like Jyosui, Velimir, Supersellers, Cosmic. There's a myth about being riskier to deal internationally, I disagree since I've seen more frauds in US than Europe and Japan. If you're dealing with Hong Kong supplier, never send cash, use only money transfer.

DIY

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Yikes! I got lucky too I guess. The reserve wasn't met, the guy had 7 pos(all from 6 months ago, they could have been for pokemon cards for all I knew), and he asked for cash!

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Use PayPal and always make sure the account you're sending to is a verified account, and make sure your account is verified... Then you're insured by PayPal as well. I never looked into limits, etc, but they do offer it.

Jeff

Adol

The French Connection, ,
You're fully right,it is the "price to pay"..i could just hope it is as low as possible
frown.gif

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
NeoZero: Why don't you and that other guy give targetwalk@aol.com negetive feedback? Do you want him to rip off other people as well? I left him negetive feedback knowing he would retaliate and give me negetive feedback just to keep othhers from being ripped. I would like to think others would do the same.

Matt Gilbert

yuckydog

Morden's Lackey
I popped targetwalk a negative feedback as soon as I realized that he lied about leaving town for a couple days when in reality, he was just ignoring my e-mails. How his targetwalk@aol.com isn't even valid anymore.

James

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
I hate giving out Neggs, because ebay is irrsponcilbe about unregistering those ding bats, and they always neg you right back. I have to support a wife and kid with my ebay sales, so it isnt fair when some jerk negs me for the fun of it. Im a powerseller and ebay donest even give me respect.

NeoZero

New Challenger
GOOD NEWS!!

Haha I got this guy to send my money back! What a complete loser! He sends my money order back and with a note that reads, " Sorry, but I sold the System for the price I wanted to get."

How lame! Oh well I got my Money Back!! Im really happy now! Guess my work payed off!

-NeoZero

Adol

The French Connection, ,
Originally posted by Dreamh2o:
I hate giving out Neggs, because ebay is irrsponcilbe about unregistering those ding bats, and they always neg you right back. I have to support a wife and kid with my ebay sales, so it isnt fair when some jerk negs me for the fun of it. Im a powerseller and ebay donest even give me respect.

I agree fully with you...generally,except if the guy is a real dork,i don't give negative feedbacks,because they'll automatically do the same on mine...

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
DreamH2O: It also isn't fair when someone gets ripped off by a fraudulant seller when he could have been warned by feedback. Anyways, when your feedback is high enough, no one is going to care about a few negetives.

Matt Gilbert

thrall

bhrall,
Man I hate f___king theives, ripoff's etc!
hope everything works out brother's.