Hyper 64 Resolution

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
This may seem like a stupid question, but what resolution does the Hyper 64 output? I would assume 240p but some of the videos online have combing artifacts like it was 480i. Thanks for any help.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
My OSSC seems to indicate it's interlaced. Although the picture isn't stable -- The HNG64 is the one piece of hardware I've tried so far that doesn't seem to work with the OSSC.

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
My OSSC seems to indicate it's interlaced. Although the picture isn't stable -- The HNG64 is the one piece of hardware I've tried so far that doesn't seem to work with the OSSC.
Yeah I plan on getting one but I have no clue how to hook it up to a tv. I was planning on using the GBS8200 but I know that doesn't accept 480i through RGBS. I am trying to think of some device I could use on the cheap that will allow me to get it on a tv.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
You guys should pm awbacon, and get him in here.

He knows a lot about the hardware.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Yeah I plan on getting one but I have no clue how to hook it up to a tv. I was planning on using the GBS8200 but I know that doesn't accept 480i through RGBS. I am trying to think of some device I could use on the cheap that will allow me to get it on a tv.

I connect mine up via a retroelektronik supergun via RGB SCART to my TVs.

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
Yeah it must have some strange resolution or frequency as now I had to get a new gbs 8200 as my other one broke. However I still have two working gbs 8200s and the one I had before works fine, but now the new one I ordered doesn’t display the video. I will probably just have to get a jrok or something for it.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Excuse me, do you have a moment to talk about our lord and saviour GBS-Control?

IDK what weird frequency/res the Hyper 64 has but maybe a gbs-control with a frequency generator board can help you. Assuming you're using the 8200 boards as-is and not have it modded already, of course.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Heyo

I've never tried the OSSC but with my Framemeister sync is not an issue. I DO HOWEVER have to adjust the sync level to get it working. Never touched an OSSC but does it have sync level adjustments? If so I recommend playing around with that

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
Heyo

I've never tried the OSSC but with my Framemeister sync is not an issue. I DO HOWEVER have to adjust the sync level to get it working. Never touched an OSSC but does it have sync level adjustments? If so I recommend playing around with that

Ok, I cycled through the inputs and now it recognizes it? I just think the reason it didn’t recognize it before was cheap Chinese garbage being cheap Chinese garbage. But I have to say I’ve been playing lots of Wild Ambition and I really enjoy it. Certainly underrated.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Ok, I cycled through the inputs and now it recognizes it? I just think the reason it didn’t recognize it before was cheap Chinese garbage being cheap Chinese garbage. But I have to say I’ve been playing lots of Wild Ambition and I really enjoy it. Certainly underrated.

Sometimes the cycling can force it to find the sync. My Framemeister is the same way...no sync, pick a different input on the remote then go BACK to the input I am plugged into...syncs fine then.