hyper 64 prototypes: Ryuukonoken 4

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
Apparently, that was the name of a hng 64 prototype that was floating around Japan around '98. No Idea what the hell it's about though...does N E 1 know about this game or any other unreleased prototypes for this system?

If any petition should be made to SNK it should be regarding the release and distribution of these prototype titles cause damn, 4 titles doesn't cut it...

HNG 64 being the cult system as it is should be getting better coverage on the net (even though the soft/hardware is a bit antiquated) hell the genesis/mdcd/saturn shit from sonic the hedghog still generates fan sites, I swear I can find more stuff from the unreleased sonic X-treme, than I can find on SS64, and that, my friends, sucks...

If anyone other than me wants to see these types of games come back to the forefront, or at least get some respect, get the word out there that these games WEREN't a letdown, someone make a biased review of SS64 on lamefaqs.com singing it's praises or go an their ss5 message board and listen to them liken the dissapointment of SS5 to the HNG64 SS's, then you can step in and say: "dude stop talkin out your ass, you've never played either if thats what u think about'em"....and tell'em how the ss64 games are the true successors of ss4 and not that gawdawful ss5...and lastly someone make some decent english webpages dedidacted to these ss64 games, I dunno, maybe Vektorlogic might want to consider this as showcasing his wares might help sales a bit...oh well thanks for listening.

slerch666

updyke,
The problem is that the hardware has no emulation, so these same people, GameFaqs mostly, won't be playing the games.

And for the record, there were four FIGHTING games, and what, 3 racers and a shooter? Even though it is a small number, it is still more than 4 :D

I seriously doubt there will ever be a resurrgence in the HNG64 market. It was underpowered at the time it was built and "better" 3D figthers were being made (not better IMO, but better in the mindless sheep mentality that a lot of "gamers" seem to have.) I will get rid of my HNG64 setup and 4 fighters when you pry them from my cold, lifeless hands.

As far as there being a proto, the only way you'd be able to play it at this point is if someone had the physical cart, unlike being able to play it emulated. Generally a proto doesn't remain a proto if it's a good game, my guess is that the game you speak of, if it exists, was a turd. That's just a guess though.

And welcome to the boards :D

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Holy crap I would've liked another Ryuko No Ken game, though... especially a Hyper game that built on the progress made in the second SS 64 and Wild Ambition. Perhaps it would've been a retelling of the first game, as FF:WA was to Fatal Fury...?

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
Apparently, when you check the "Gurus" rom dumping news, there is talk of incorporating the capabilities of the HNG64 into MAME....it would seem he hasn't done shit all with it up to this point, but they do know about it....so the possibilty of HNG 64 emulation is becoming more like a certainty, but not by much....

and yeah I agree with ya on these lame assess who are pushing the gaming industry in the direction it seems to be going...you'd think all the CEOs of these video game companies have wigger and sk8er sons that tell'em how "sick-ass" a new war sim or street racing game would be. You know, one where u can pick, like, y'know what kind bomb-assed sound system u put in your ride. Sick ass. After they're done doing that, they all get in their civics and do the exact same thing in the club district IN REAL LIFE....that's why I love snk, it has as little to do with real life as possible, unlike these next-gen systems touting the realism of their games as if I'd care to be bothered to take a digital shit, before I get in my digital car to do whatever....

so....point taken...

here's the URL i was lookin at:
http://unemulated.emuunlim.com/shopraid3/index.html

as you can see HNG 64 status is as follows: D,NE,NFS
DUMPED
NOT EMULATED...YET
NOT4SALE...no shit!

Hitmanxlt

Cham Cham's Banana
-=looks down at Independant skate pants and spitfire trucks shirt=- DAMNIT its all my fault damnit i'm why games are shitty these days:oh_no:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Hitmanxlt said:
-=looks down at Independant skate pants and spitfire trucks shirt=- DAMNIT its all my fault damnit i'm why games are shitty these days:oh_no:

Lithy sends a hitman to hitman ;)

Last edited:

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
Hitmanxlt said:

aw dude Im just kidding sorry to anyone who is seriously offended:crying:

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
btw, if you're on a forum for something as obscure as the HNG 64 you're likely not the type of person Im talking about, since forums like these are crawling with oldskool gaming purists....sorry again.

Hitmanxlt

Cham Cham's Banana
Ohhh yea i definitally know, I hate the sk8er kids myself, most are posers that know nothing....i myself am i poser that knows his skating :lol: Anyways, yea being 21 at the time, i can say that my generation has caused the degradation of the gaming industry...all anybody wants is realism, sports games, and other various crap...the only francise i support in the new world of gaming is GTA, but thats because i've played grand theft auto from the start and love the idea of it.

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
HEY very tactful of you to put any stock in my rant...I'm with ya on the GTA thing: there was a certain depravity to that game that was theirs and theirs alone, and then, those hacks from other companies tried to use the same formula and failed at doing so, but that doesn't the masses from buying it...oh well...this predilection for realism will wear itself out in due time.

CheapNeoGeo

Kula's Can,
The Hyper 64 does not get noticed like it should. I myself am currently building my own Hyper 64 cab and I am planing on making a web site that deals with the Hyper 64. Its a good system and while it would be da shit to see new software comming out for it its just no going to happen. Oh well all we can do is enjoy what games we have for it.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Art of Fighting 4 would have been very interesting on the hyper...

Some of the better installments in the classic series (namely Asura Zanmaden and Wild Ambition) occured on the hyper, so no doubt the AoF4 version would be great too.

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
CheapNeoGeo said:
The Hyper 64 does not get noticed like it should. I myself am currently building my own Hyper 64 cab and I am planing on making a web site that deals with the Hyper 64. Its a good system and while it would be da shit to see new software comming out for it its just no going to happen. Oh well all we can do is enjoy what games we have for it.

let me know how that site comes along...I'm always lookin out for more info on it.