How was your Easter?

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I worked. Got 2.5x pay (time and a half + 8 hours holiday bonus), but, I earned every penny, because it was nuts. We're always short staffed on the weekends (and then people inevitably call-in sick, like they always do, making it worse), the copier was broken and couldn't be fixed until today (which is particularly bad when you run out of documentation forms that you need for the State and can't make more), we were deluged with Easter visitors and gifts for the residents (all of which had to be screened/sanitized), one of the residents died, etc. I was pretty frazzled by the end of my shift and almost walked out at one point, when I was expected to do too many tasks simultaneously, while others were goldbricking, but, I held the line and did what had to be done.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Rather meh, missed the traditional Easter dinner again, had lamb for dinner at least.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I remembered the things my parents used to take me to as a kid for Easter. The egg hunts, the church service, waking up in the morning and seeing a bunch of presents - toys, books, chocolates - like a mini-Christmas.

I completely forgot Easter was yesterday. It coincided with the Tomb Sweeping Festival here.

I texted my mom 'happy Easter mom'. I still feel bad.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Amazing weather...which is not something you can normally say for Easter 'round these parts. Mid 70's, no wind. Went to the range early AM, came home and smoked a ham, did some work around the house, sat on the patio and had some drinks with my wife and neighbor.

I cannot complain one bit.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
A bit annoying. We wanted to order pizza from this new joint that opened up a month or so ago called Jersey Giant. Damn place was closed, and I realized it was zombie jesus day.

I ended up having to cook. Sunday ruined. Thanks a lot religious people.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Tell us about the tomb sweeping festival, Sage, that sounds interesting. Please tell me that broom staff Shaolin monk battles are part of the spectacle?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Tell us about the tomb sweeping festival, Sage, that sounds interesting. Please tell me that broom staff Shaolin monk battles are part of the spectacle?
That's low key racism, M

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
every day LoneSage does kung fu in Mortal Kombat w/ happy ending while teaching English

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Welcome to the People's Republic, bitch

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
It was a day off for me, which didn't mean much as I usually have Sundays off anyway.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
It was pretty good. First time this much of the family has been together since the pandemic. We were all outdoors and wearing masks and such at the park. My brother and his wife and her mom, my two nephews, my cousin and her daughter, my other cousin and her husband and son, my grandma, my parents, my uncle.

My nephew, who is 4, was asking questions about how everybody was related to him. Blew his little mind that his great-grandmother is his grandpa's mom. My mom said that when he grows up and has kids, they'll be her great-grandchildren. His response was, "I'm not gonna have kids. I'm gonna be a sports guy and score a lot of goals. Also, I need some skates."

Reactions: Syn

Mr.Bojangles

War Room Troll
It was wonderful. Had my car towed and had to pay $325 to get it back with money that i need for my dads hospital bills.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
It was wonderful. Had my car towed and had to pay $325 to get it back with money that i need for my dads hospital bills.
God has surely abandoned you !!

What's next !?! 6 months in jail for missed child support payment?? IRS troubles??? A URINARY TRACT INFECTION ??

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
"Don't be wasteful-- a chin held high, catches more cum."

I believe it was John who originally said that, more than 2020 years ago . . . .