How to open Dynamo HS-5 Model cab (w/ pics)

obot64

New Challenger
I got this cab from ebay, and I need to open it in order to fix one of the guns... the game is area 51 and one of the guns has completely stopped working.

www.powerofthepeople.net/pics

On the inside of the cab you can see this little bolt system that i cant cant figure out.

Any ideas?

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
The pics you posted look more like a hinge unit. Are there some clamps further along on the control panel?

obot64

New Challenger
Thanks for looking! Their is only one clamp in the middle. when it is unlatched those hinges keep the unit locked. those hinges are what i need to undo.

Crowquill

n00b
Obviously you're the one with the cab, but I thought that they HS-5's use the same type of latches and in the same locations as the HS-2's. [Here's what one of them looks like open

It's hard to tell from the pictures. Is that screw/bolt/whatever holding down the black bracket removeable? Once you can get it apart and take a look you should be able to figure out how to reassemble it. It might be something that was modified on your cabinet.

obot64

New Challenger
Thanks for help Crowquill

Pic:
http://www.powerofthepeople.net/pics/19000602.jpg

if you take a look at the picture that I marked, my cab has one latch in the middle which is like the one I circled in number one. It connects where the x's are.

I don't understand what that is in #2? Do you think thats what I was taking the picture of?

I have two other dynamo cabs, but neither one of them locks like this one! Its so odd!

iMPULSZE

n00b
I have a friend who has 2 of these cabs and I work on them for him. His has 3 hinges, but they are the same kind. What needs to be done is this...

1. Get the coin door open and reach up and under and feel the hinge locks

2. Pull the bottom of the hinge lock towards you and up

3. The hinges should be unlocked now, but still latched

4. The pic that you linked shows the inner parts of the cabinet.... #1 on the pic is the hinge lock, and #A has nothing to do with the hinge....if you looks closely, its a pull out panel, and #A is related to mounting hardware deep within the cab, but not the hinge. Now, where you marked #X on the pic on the back of the control panel, there should be a metal rectangle with a cutout slit on it for the hinge lock to slide into. When the Hinge is in the slit and then pulled down and away it pulls into itself and locks completely. http://www.lizardlickamusements.com/images/for_sale/cabinets/trunk_latch.jpg

5. What you might want to do, is push the bottom front of the control panel up and forward slightly, while your other hand is underneath slipping the lip of the hinge out of the cutout slit. Thats all thats needed.

obot64

New Challenger
hey guys thanks for all your help! I finally figured It out.

Apparently the owner installed an additional lock system.

http://www.powerofthepeople.net/pics/DSC03555.jpg this pic shows it. that funny looking round thing is a screw, that really holds things firmly in place. It was a real pain to unscrew two of those each on the side of the cab, but they are so secure that it makes me want to get them for the rest of my dynamo cabs.

my cab only had one of those flip latches, instead of three. I wonder if they can be bought separately?

iMPULSZE

n00b
Wow! HAHAHAH After posting all that, and my method didnt even fix it. NICE! Lizardlick.com also has those trunk latches for sale.

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
Since the page linked in this thread is dead, and it's the top result in google, I made a video in case anybody else needed help with this:

I got the idea when I was showing a friend how to change games in my cab... with the sagely advice of "Just reach up in there and undo the latches". 5 minutes later, he was still fumbling around all up in there. Obviously, it's only easy if you already know how to do it.