How to open a AES cartridge without damaging ??

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Haha, I just read that thread about cleaning the insides..
Your cart is perfectly clean and uncorroded inside.
-BB

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
Why would you want to open an AES cart? They're all legit.

Especially the ones sold from France.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Use your bare hands and carefully applied force. First, find a picture of an opened cart and understand where the tabs are and how they are oriented. Use a gamer condition cheap cart to practice on. Start with the tabs on each side nearest to the cart slot and work towards the label edge. AES carts have a 2 piece construction. You need to pry the piece with the tab downwards (and vice versa) so the latch on the other piece is released. This takes a fair amount of effort. If the plastic is brittle, you may break a tab or 2. This is not an issue unless you break 3 tabs on one side. You have to be most careful with the tabs nearest the label. If you overdo it with these, you can rip the label. Minor label creasing is virtually unavoidable. If you can't do it unassisted, there may be some plastic tools out there that could help. Don't use a screwdriver or other metal tool.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Metal note: If I get an expensive cart, sent it to Wyo to check it out :D

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Use your bare hands and carefully applied force. First, find a picture of an opened cart and understand where the tabs are and how they are oriented. Use a gamer condition cheap cart to practice on. Start with the tabs on each side nearest to the cart slot and work towards the label edge. AES carts have a 2 piece construction. You need to pry the piece with the tab downwards (and vice versa) so the latch on the other piece is released. This takes a fair amount of effort. If the plastic is brittle, you may break a tab or 2. This is not an issue unless you break 3 tabs on one side. You have to be most careful with the tabs nearest the label. If you overdo it with these, you can rip the label. Minor label creasing is virtually unavoidable. If you can't do it unassisted, there may be some plastic tools out there that could help. Don't use a screwdriver or other metal tool.

Thanks
I guess I'll not open my AES cart at all.............too risky :(
Plus I don't buy expensive AES carts like MS or BTG :D

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Smartphone repairing tools might be of some help. Seriously.

Spoiler:
19-in-1-font-b-Opening-b-font-Tools-Aluminum-Metal-Pry-Smartphone-Disassemble-Repairing-Tools.jpg