How to get a Japanese Neo to display English?

BJMFH

Morden's Lackey
Is there any way to get a japanese Neo Geo to display the game in english?

HPMAN

UI resident
Well, you need to put an US bios into your system in order to get the whole english experience
wink.gif

Gambit

B. Jenet's Firstmate
You could only buy U.S. carts, then they would be in English
smile.gif

HPMAN

UI resident
Well, japanese carts display in english on US systems... The carts are the same (except sticker
wink.gif
), that's the system who set the language, not the cart...

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Don't forget that on a Japanese system, the memory card and (should you have the system modded) debug menus would also both be in Japanese.

BJMFH

Morden's Lackey
Thanks for all the great advice guys!
I found something pretty cool today when I went in some audio video store. Monster Cable makes and adapter that converts composite video to S-video. You can get S-video for your Neo Geo without getting it modified! It set me back about $50 but I think it was worth it!

Gambit

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I thought a Jap cart will display in Jap on a Jap system and a U.S. cart will display in English on a Jap system. Thats what I was getting at HPMAN
smile.gif

HPMAN

UI resident
Yeah, you're true.

But a JAP cart display in english on US systems and an US cart display in japanese on JAP systems.

That's the rule, don't blame me if there is exceptions with some carts...
tongue.gif

dogtoy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
BJMFH said:
Thanks for all the great advice guys!
I found something pretty cool today when I went in some audio video store. Monster Cable makes and adapter that converts composite video to S-video. You can get S-video for your Neo Geo without getting it modified! It set me back about $50 but I think it was worth it!

You do know that it's not true s-video if it is converted from composite right? Plus the best way to change the language is to install a Unibios.

cheers,
-DT

Kaike

Geese's Thug
dogtoy said:
You do know that it's not true s-video if it is converted from composite right? Plus the best way to change the language is to install a Unibios.

cheers,
-DT

Unibios all the way. You can buy one from Razoola.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
dogtoy said:

cheers,
-DT
7-YEAR-BUMP!

dogtoy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Wow I swear that was on the first page in tech support with a star next to it, indicating that it was new? Is there something going here? I saw another old thread get bumped in tech support by someone else today...

hrm
-DT

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Those people debating the languages and the regions were stupid. People must have been stupid in 2000.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
There were some old threads bumped by a user that has since been banned and their posts purged.

dogtoy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
thanks for explaining why all this old shit was brought back out.

cheers,
-DT