How to fix horitzontal blanking in a Sony Trinitron ?

PSICODROMO

Crazed MVS Addict
I have a little issue Sony Trinitron KV-25FX, this have the horitzontal blanking activated and this makes that the TV doesn't display the full image, this have a horitzontal black that cut the image, I have tried to adjust de horitzontal size, horitzontal position but no seems to effect. The only value that work is the HBLK in the Design menu, this value only have 2 modes (on/off) when I disable them then the screen show the full image, but is not possible fix this value to 0 (OFF), is restored to ON when I turn off the screen. Some one can help me to fix this issue?

gqLfRqi.jpg

qdTZ9os.jpg

FizrbyB.jpg

Fcu0rNT.jpg

khuVAjD.jpg

F40t3g0.jpg

Last edited:

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
No bites here. Try avs forum?

Were you able to fix it?

PSICODROMO

Crazed MVS Addict
I could not find a solution by now.

I have asked in AVS forums but without solution for now.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Stupid question, but doesn't Sony service mode require that you write the changes? If you're just powering off after changing stuff, the changes aren't saved, there should be a button to press to save them.

I have a CRT with a FE-2 chassis myself, I could possibly check for you but the CRT is installed into a cab* so it's a bit tough getting to the IR to enable service mode...

*outstanding luck that my machine has 220v out on its transformer, and this SCART TV popped up in California right when I needed it ;)

PSICODROMO

Crazed MVS Addict
... but when I change other parameters these are saved without pressing any button when I turn off the TV, anyway I tried different combinations of buttons to save but does not work any

The manual indicates that this value can not be stored in memory, but I wonder if there is any alternative to modify this parameter.