How many games were made for the atomiswave?

Princess-Isabel

Geese's Thug
26 games, which isn't so bad, although nothing can actually compete with Neo Geo MVS/AES longevity (arcade).

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
Alba Meira said:

Wait...

ALBA MEIRA

YOU!!!

El Cernex

EDIT:

Princess-Isabel said:
26 games, which isn't so bad, although nothing can actually compete with Neo Geo MVS/AES longevity (arcade).

Nope. 24. I think you're counting both "Force Five" and "Kenju", two titles that were planned, but never released.

Last edited:

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
This is the list I compiled:

Regular available games:
  • Guilty Gear X 1.5 (01)
  • Demolish Fist (06)
  • Dolphin Blue (07)
  • Knights of Valour Seven Spirits (09)
  • Guilty Gear Isuka (11)
  • Rumble Fish (14)
  • The King of Fighters Neowave (18)
  • Rumble Fish 2 (26)
  • Neo Geo Battle Colosseum (28)
  • Samurai Spirits Tenkaichi Kenkakuden (30)
  • The King of Fighters XI (32)
  • Fist of the North Star (34)
  • Metal Slug 6 (36)
Unknown or limited-released games:
  • Premier Eleven (reported to be located in the UK)
  • Salaried Worker Golden Taro (Japanese-only gambling game)
  • Sushi Bar (unknown if it was actually released in Japan)
  • Force Five (possibly canceled game)
  • Dirty Pigskin Football (reported to be located in the UK)
  • Ken Ju (unknown if it was released in Japan)
  • Chase 1929 (driving game, reported to be located in the UK)
  • NS Keiba (horse racing game available only in Japan)
Available games that require special controls:
  • Extreme Hunting (lightgun)
  • Maximum Speed (driving) (04)
  • Sports Shooting USA (lightgun) (05)
  • Faster Than Speed (driving)
  • Ranger Mission (lightgun) (21)
  • Extreme Hunting: Tournament Edition
Unconfirmed/rumored future games:
  • Street Fighter 4
  • Sammy VS Capcom

Last edited:

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Princess-Isabel said:

cps 2 stood its ground pretty well

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
mainman said:
cps 2 stood its ground pretty well

Something funny is that both the "next gen" Neo Geo (Neo Geo Hyper 64) and CPS (CPS3) bomber horribly. Actually, the CPS3 bombed SO BAD, it was the LAST arcade board ever produced by Capcom.

The Hyper 64... well, SNK (and, to a lesser extent, SNKP) kept making games for the Neo Geo after the failure of the 64, while Capcom didn't returned to the CPS2... curious...

For me, SNK should had made the Hyper 64 with both 3D AND 2D in mind (maybe even 2.5D, like that new Castlevania game for the PSP)... maybe that way, SNK could had kept producing fighting games and Metal Slugs (their main source of income) in a more powerful board than the Neo Geo...

And now I'm just rambling. Sorry.

El Cernex

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Cernex said:
while Capcom didn't returned to the CPS2... curious..

Except they did with Hyper anniversary edition ;)

Neo Geo MVS

Igniz's Servent
Something funny is that both the "next gen" Neo Geo (Neo Geo Hyper 64) and CPS (CPS3) bomber horribly. Actually, the CPS3 bombed SO BAD, it was the LAST arcade board ever produced by Capcom.

The Hyper 64... well, SNK (and, to a lesser extent, SNKP) kept making games for the Neo Geo after the failure of the 64, while Capcom didn't returned to the CPS2... curious...

For me, SNK should had made the Hyper 64 with both 3D AND 2D in mind (maybe even 2.5D, like that new Castlevania game for the PSP)... maybe that way, SNK could had kept producing fighting games and Metal Slugs (their main source of income) in a more powerful board than the Neo Geo...

Interesting.

becks!

n00b
so is it worth putting in this system into a cabinet for say 3-4 games?

or just stick to MVS?

im having trouble trying to find the best jamma system to put into my cab that has good games with attractive graphics and gameplay :(

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
anyone have info on Guilty Gear X 1.5? I've had no luck getting information about it.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
MVS>CPS2 anyday of the week, shame on those who disagree...the cold war is never over!!

becks! said:
so is it worth putting in this system into a cabinet for say 3-4 games?

or just stick to MVS?

im having trouble trying to find the best jamma system to put into my cab that has good games with attractive graphics and gameplay :(
Is defenately worth it if you love SNK as much as I do, all 4 games are great and offer plenty of fun. Now if you are looking to just have a system to play for its variety then look else where, MVS should do you fine.

In my opinion you should have both, Hyper 64 isn't that expensive and it's build like a tank, the thing is a masterpiece to look at. That's what I thought the arcades looked like inside when I was a kid, man those boards are just awsome!

Fatal Fury WA is just great! It plays a lot like the realbout series, and it has guard crush moves among other things. Raiden plays awsome!

Samurai Shodown 64 is good, a bit of a stepping stone, but it offers great gameplay if played properly, and you will love the 2D art is just gorgeous.

Warriors Rage (Samsho 64 II) Excellent, man the game is pure crack! It plays similar to Samsho IV with all the wacky fast combos, fatalities, suicide (I believe is called kiri) and what have you, just great excellent aura, the victory poses art heart pounding.

Buriki One, here's the pickle; You either hate it or love it, I like it so much I'm making a dedicated CP for it, because is that good! Awsome portrait art as well, the game might seem simple, but man once you get the hang of the basics there's so much depth in there it feels like it never ends. Excellent game for 2P specially when drunk (Sticks on the right WTF??!!)

Hope that helps. Hyper 64 has 4 great games, is more than you could say about Crapcom's 3D efforts in the arcade back then, except for Rival Schools, now that game rocks! (Note that Powerstone and Spawn came way after the Hyper's demise.)

Edit:ckchan was selling the whole set brand new with a rev 2 board, awsome guy with great prices.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I don't understand what y'all mean by fail...

It's a system made up of leftover parts......
The Dev/MFG cost has to be minimal.....
And it managed to put out quite a few games with marquee value.

With the current state of the amusement industry, I don't see any other new platform getting half as many games.