How long will this amiibo craze last?

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i really don't know much about amiibos and don't really care,but don't you need a wii u to use these things?.i mean if the amiibos are selling by the millions,shouldn't the wii u be a financial success?.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
i really don't know much about amiibos and don't really care,but don't you need a wii u to use these things?.i mean if the amiibos are selling by the millions,shouldn't the wii u be a financial success?.

You can also use them on the New 3DS. Most people don't even open these things anyway so it doesn't really matter if they own a Wii U or not.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
How are you liking that game?

The gameplay itself is great (responsive, challenging, varied), but the randomness in selecting your level is a real annoyance. Basically, at the end of each level, you hit one of three moving UFOs (bronze = 1 pt., silver = 2 pts., gold = 3 pts.) based on your skill level with Chibi's plug, which gives you a corresponding number of 'wheel spins'. You then are taken to a screen with a large wheel chopped up into various sections numbered 1-3, and whichever you land on is the amount of spaces you will move on the over-world map. The map is set in a circle, so there is the very real possibility of landing on a level you've already played and beaten. The system is a complete bother, and I still haven't figured out the reason for its inclusion in the game.
Otherwise, as I mentioned before, the gameplay is tight and fun. You also learn some interesting facts about different real world candy you find in game and feed to a toy airplane...not sure where they come up with this stuff.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Guys, tomorrow is the day!

WOOLY YOSHI AMIIBOS!!!!

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Have these not been released in the US yet? We got them as part of the Wooly World release.

LOL, we didn't get that yet, either. Mine's on pre-order from Best Buy... GCU, son! He'll show up with the game in my mailbox soon.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Amazon.co.jp posted Mewtwo and the Famicom-colored R.O.B., so I put in orders for those. Hoping Falco pops up next week for pre-order.

With Nintendo still pulling all this store exclusive crap (Falco being only at Best Buy, the Mii Fighters only a TRU), spending a few dollars more to save myself the hassle of having to store hunt is fine with me.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Amazon.co.jp posted Mewtwo and the Famicom-colored R.O.B., so I put in orders for those. Hoping Falco pops up next week for pre-order.

With Nintendo still pulling all this store exclusive crap (Falco being only at Best Buy, the Mii Fighters only a TRU), spending a few dollars more to save myself the hassle of having to store hunt is fine with me.

You can pre order Falco right now from Best Buy.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintend...alco/4575401.p?id=1219770992857&skuId=4575401

Why import?

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I'm not sure if it's rare or what but I've seen the classic Amiibo 3-in-1 bundle at my local EBgames (the one with R.O.B.). They had like 4 of them. Let me know if you guys need them.

neo_mao

15 Year Member

Awesome, thanks! Preordered and I was able to snag it for $10 thanks to the BB membership!

I'm not sure if it's rare or what but I've seen the classic Amiibo 3-in-1 bundle at my local EBgames (the one with R.O.B.). They had like 4 of them. Let me know if you guys need them.

Coryoon is the man - that's awesome of you to offer but I think these are pretty common here as well...unless the supply has recently dried up...?

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Cross posting this here, as I don't think the thread in Everything Else is getting much traffic and I have way too many dupes:

Not sure if anyone is still hunting Animal Crossing cards, but I'm done buying packs, and got all my SP cards, either by luck or by trade, and 77 out of the 100 total cards.

Tons of dupes, of course. I'm not trying for a full set, and doubt I'll get there, but I'd love to get rid of some of these duplicates. If you have something I don't, and need something I have, let's trade. If you just need a few cards, and I have like three or four of that card, but you don't have anything I'm missing, just hit me anyway.

Missing
Code:

Duplicates
Code:
9 - Digby [2]
17 - Lottie [4]
18 - Bob [2]
20 - Curt [2]
23 - Cheri [3]
24 - Kyle [2]
35 - Deli [3]
41 - Quillson [2]
43 - Puck [4]
52 - Poppy [2]
53 - Limberg [3]
56 - Bangle [2]
66 - Gruff [3]
69 - Bella [2]
79 - Truffles [3]
80 - Eugene [2]
81 - Eunice [2]
96 - Cole [3]
97 - Willow [2]

Last edited:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Also... MY YOSHI!

ohnoes.png

Hope he wasn't washed away in a mud slide. :( :crying:

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
These new Yoshi Amiibos are kinda cool. I think I'm going to keep this one.

HxAPGFe.jpg

Last edited:

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
I have no interest in amiibos, but I really like Yoshi. I saw this in mediamarkt yesterday, I might get one.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
the Yoshi's are really well done. I got the bundle with the game and green Yoshi, and then I found the blue and pink ones without any issue at Target. Definitely some of my favorites.

My daughter slept with them last night - is that going to hurt the resale value????!!!!!

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
I saw these at the Best Buy the other day, they do look pretty super cute. Might grab one eventually if I can actually get them at MSRP.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
The yoshi amiibos look awesome. Definitely need to grab those. Im really digging how nintendo is finally being smart with restocking amiibos so everyone can get what they need with little to no issues. Now, just waiting for a robin restock.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
It seems like GameStop's been swamped with the classic trio pack. I've seen em' a few times. I got in the second time they had preorders for them. I mostly want it for R.O.B to go with my original from 86' and the little gashapon Famicom Robot my friend got me when he went to Japan. Hopefully it'll be that way when Lucas comes out. I still haven't gotten Ness yet...but hopefully I can get Lucas at normal price.