How far are you from completing YOUR collection?

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Finish Neo collection soon? No.....no way. Look at Saab and 8man, they have all the titles but still buying multilple.....................

nintendospy

Crossed Swords Squire
20 Year Member
A long, long way. I'll never finish it, just trying to pick up some the the AES titles I want before they're unobtainable.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I got 5 MVS to go for the full release set. I could get the last of them now if I really wanted to lay down the cash but what's the fun in that?

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
It's called "investing"... soon Riding Hero will be going for $500. :lolz:

No kidding
Due to CMVS is getting popular and more and more people buying regro games, I'm not surprised to see Riding Hero going for $500..............

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
lol, bunch of saps...keep investing in duplicates...fucken collecturds...

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Damn here i am investing in ethereum like an idiot when i should be collecting carts lol

Purchased Stakes Winner 2 yesterday, so I am a step closer to being "finished." Pretty much all I have left is Aero Fighters 2.

Set collecting is a dark rabbit hole to go down. My friend finished up his licensed NTSC NES set (something like 680 games) a few years back and now he's going for boxes, manuals, and "label upgrades," which is going to cost him more in the long run than the set itself lol.

Just think about it... if you hit all the titles, where do you go? You either move to full kits or another system. It never ends. Better to just get what you want to play.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I got 5 MVS to go for the full release set. I could get the last of them now if I really wanted to lay down the cash but what's the fun in that?

Ah, a patient man! When did you decide to go for it?

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Ah, a patient man! When did you decide to go for it?

Late 2000's thinking back. I'd hit around the halfway mark and decided why not. I've been slowly getting them since 2003 so they've all had ample play time.

Four to go now, btw ;) Pochi and Nyaa and Money Idol Exchanger are going to be difficult.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Late 2000's thinking back. I'd hit around the halfway mark and decided why not. I've been slowly getting them since 2003 so they've all had ample play time.

Four to go now, btw ;) Pochi and Nyaa and Money Idol Exchanger are going to be difficult.

Correct, unless you want to pay Japanese retail prices. I did spot a somewhat reasonable Pochi and Nyaa recently but it would require a proxy and was most likely gone by the time I saw it.

I got to the last few and overpaid on a couple just to get it over with. You have nerves of steel, my friend! :D

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Correct, unless you want to pay Japanese retail prices. I did spot a somewhat reasonable Pochi and Nyaa recently but it would require a proxy and was most likely gone by the time I saw it.

I got to the last few and overpaid on a couple just to get it over with. You have nerves of steel, my friend! :D

Yeah, I do use a proxy service, but it ain't cheap regardless so if either of those two don't show up reasonably I may well go retail. I'd rather not though. The next plan is to look at how I'm going to store them. I'd say 80% are loose and I just don't have the space for housing them all in shockboxes. The Neo Mini Boxes are a lot more compact and the missus likes the "white" look, understandably ;)

It's been a fun mission that's for sure, I never thought I'd be near the end.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I can't get into the whole set collecting mentality. To me it's too much wasted on crap games. But, if I only played neo Geo I could see the appeal. But only loose mvs, or with minis if I had a cab still. At least the Neo library is small, and unlike most consoles, has a higher ratio of playable titles. I think my ideal Neo collection would be about 40 titles, maybe less, and a mix of aes and mvs. I just like some of the aes versions of games better, like magician lord.

I think if you only play Neo Geo, at least are only willing to buy Neo, and possibly everdruve the rest, that a complete loose mvs set would be doable, and a lot cheaper than other consoles. There's some big money mvs titles, but no where near as bad as Saturn, or nes these days when you take into account the size of the library.

Last edited:

hokuto29

n00b
Nice post man,its cool to see what kind of stuff people are collecting.

My collection is focus in fighting games so Neo Geo is heaven for me,i started with the biggest titles on AES doing a great effort so im lucky now cause market sucks as hell,i just need real bouts(1,2 and special) and samurai shodown 4 to complete :down::downf::forw::C:

Golden rule:just buy the games you really love to play,you will never regret.

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
Currently have a small lot of AES games (two fighters/one shooter/one puzzle). Ordered my final and third AES fighting game today (KOF98) and am pretty much happy with what I currently have for AES/MVS. Cannot wait to spend time with KOF98.

NeoGeoFanatic

Neo Geo Cup '98
Englis or Jap?

Unfortunately, there is a bit difference overall in price between them. It should be the the way around... I prefer English AES games.

KOF 98 is awesome.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yeah, I do use a proxy service, but it ain't cheap regardless so if either of those two don't show up reasonably I may well go retail. I'd rather not though. The next plan is to look at how I'm going to store them. I'd say 80% are loose and I just don't have the space for housing them all in shockboxes. The Neo Mini Boxes are a lot more compact and the missus likes the "white" look, understandably ;)

It's been a fun mission that's for sure, I never thought I'd be near the end.

lol, 5 games short from a complete set, lol, tell me please how much did you enjoy pop 'n bounce? Gururin?...Minasano?...Quiz KOF?...mega lol...what about LoSJ? I can't wait for your illustrious opinion...

I can't get into the whole set collecting mentality. To me it's too much wasted on crap games. But, if I only played neo Geo I could see the appeal.

I think you just hit the counterargument I've heard thrown around most often. If you're collecting video games, it can get pretty expensive pretty fast if you just throw money at everything you want or that looks cool. You need something to ground you and that you can work toward.

I actively collect for about 15 different systems now myself... I usually only buy a new game when I get a good deal on it, still to most people it seems like I'm never making progress on anything (but slowly I am developing some pretty sick libraries in my mind). I suppose I could dump all my NES, SNES, Turbo, N64, PS1, Dreamcast, and Saturn games and put all the excess money into Sega Genesis carts and have a full set right quick. That said, I'd rather have a well rounded library across all platforms. Each system has its good and its bad.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I dunno, well rounded means shit to me...I tend to just get the games I like, I do admit sometimes is a hit or miss but for the most part I just get what I really love, now I do love a lot of shit so I end up with a lot of stuff and among them some blisters which I tend to get rid off very slowly, years ago I had a tremendous cleansing, I purify my libraries...there's still more work to do but I'll get there someday...selling is truly a pain in the ass...I dunno how some guys do it on a regular basis, my respect to them.

What I have founf through the years is that I usually play the same stuff more or less and with that in mind I usually maximize in what I truly love as opposed to spread the numbers on my library...ie: KOF, SF, GG, Ninja Gaiden, etc...console exclusives, ports, pcbs, roms, Isos, you know the drill. Now some ports aren't worth having IMHO so I avoid that as well.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
EG: How many games do you own in total?

Just trying to determine if you a self-hating collectard. :keke:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Don't be a fool...and I honestly never counted, have you? I assume you have since you're always so adamant about being a collecturd and excusing your collecturd ways. I tell you what, I bet I got a lot less stinkers than you do...a whole lot...and you just got started...lol.