How do you guys have your systems displayed on shelves?

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
I've been needing some ideas on how I should have all my systems hooked up and displayed. I was thinking of having a flatscreen mounted on the wall above the PVM. The flatscreen would be hooked up to the modern consoles and the retro ones up to the PVM. Any ideas or input from your displays?

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
I feel like it'd be messy if I tried to hook all my consoles up. Are there any recommended switchers for inputs?

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Don't have a pic yet but I'm displaying the majority of my systems on a Bitrade shelf from IKEA, one in each hole. The others are in storage and are hooked up via an RGB switcher to an HDMI upscaler. I just need a bigger TV (using a temporary 19" LCD from college) and I'm set.

Sex Machine

Big Monkey Balls 20
I don't have too many gaming systems anymore (PS3, and about 2 emulator consoles), but they just sit on top of my tv since it's one of those rear projection HDTV's.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
Don't have a pic yet but I'm displaying the majority of my systems on a Bitrade shelf from IKEA, one in each hole. The others are in storage and are hooked up via an RGB switcher to an HDMI upscaler. I just need a bigger TV (using a temporary 19" LCD from college) and I'm set.

Sounds good, I'd love to see it when you get the time! :D

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Unless they are hooked up I tend to keep my consoles put away in a cabinet or drawers. I like that they stay cleaner and don't accumulate dust. Plus it helps make more shelf room for PCBs and books. I have my setup to where switching consoles is easy. I have all the cables in place so I just unhook one console stash it and plug in the next one.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
I don't display my consoles unless their actually in use otherwise any systems not in use are in their boxes in my closet. Space is a premium, I live in a apartment.

Systems that are in use are in my entertainment center under my TV

Last edited:

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,
I use a TV low shelf and a small table (both from IKEA) so I can host 2 CRT, one in tate (with a female scart cable for Saturn/DC) and the other in yoko mode with a scart RGB centraline.
DC and Mega Drive hooked to that stuff, but stay on a bookshelf on the side.
With a sort of paeninsula you can store many system without having to move too much...

The active-multiscart was a great purchase so you don't have to switch the leads (scart entrance is quite delicate, I fucked up a pair of TV in the past), and has no quality loss. I suggest it for your PVM or the upscaler.

o7ssuw.jpg

mwtnau.jpg

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I usually don't have more then two systems hooked up a time. Most of my stuff is stored away. Can't stand clutter.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Bookshelves. Ikea Expedit.

most importantly, they are all covered by dark towels.
The dust in my place is incredible, and I have giant windows with lots of sunlight. I don't know why it took me a decade to cover my consoles when they are not in use. They look brand new when i remove the towels or dust cover.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I've had various setups over the years...some were successful, some not so much. Hooking up everything all at one to use on the fly is always a real pain.

Sorry for the pic size in advance...

Shelf method #1, IKEA shelving, no systems hooked up. 2010 or so...pretty messy...
VG_shelf_top.jpg

VG_shelf_bottom.jpg

Active setup 1...2009 or so. Everything seen here was active and all you needed o do was select the audio source, pick a system on the AV switcher and get out a controller...in hindsight, probably my best setup. Sadly, my lifestyle started to change at this point and I really stopped gaming a ton...I sold much of it slowly and dismantled the setup.
Game_room_Nov_09.jpg

This was my "boiled down" setup as of 2012...I only hooked up the NES, SNES, X'Eye and PS2. Basically the only systems I used and had left from the great purge.
IMG_0349.jpg

Now...even that has been dissolved. I scored a small 25" CRT and a 32" LED that is upstairs in a different room that I "remote" systems off of.

So...basically...I no longer display any of them.

I will say...the BEST thing I ever bought was this:
VG_rack.jpg

By a long shot the easiest way to store my games. I still have this loaded to this day.

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I've had various setups over the years...some were successful, some not so much. Hooking up everything all at one to use on the fly is always a real pain.

Sorry for the pic size in advance...

Shelf method #1, IKEA shelving, no systems hooked up. 2010 or so...pretty messy...
VG_shelf_top.jpg

VG_shelf_bottom.jpg

Active setup 1...2009 or so. Everything seen here was active and all you needed o do was select the audio source, pick a system on the AV switcher and get out a controller...in hindsight, probably my best setup. Sadly, my lifestyle started to change at this point and I really stopped gaming a ton...I sold much of it slowly and dismantled the setup.
Game_room_Nov_09.jpg

This was my "boiled down" setup as of 2012...I only hooked up the NES, SNES, X'Eye and PS2. Basically the only systems I used and had left from the great purge.
IMG_0349.jpg

Now...even that has been dissolved. I scored a small 25" CRT and a 32" LED that is upstairs in a different room that I "remote" systems off of.

So...basically...I no longer display any of them.

I will say...the BEST thing I ever bought was this:
VG_rack.jpg

By a long shot the easiest way to store my games. I still have this loaded to this day.

That license plate is da bomb.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Cool setup guys...

All i have is XBR960 CRT...

NES hooked up to video 1 composite
Gamecube hooked up to Video 2 s-video
Supergun hooked up to Video 3 S-video
Saturn, Genesis, SNES is hooked up to one of those bandridge scart selector, which i then have hooked up to my scart to component.
PS3, Xbox 360 RGH, Wii U to hdmi selector

poodude

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I also use IKEA media shelves, as well as some snap together plastic utility shelving for deeper stuff . When I finish the basement I'd like to do built in display shelves to make it a bit more classy. Dust can and will always be a problem.

Master Tasuke

Pathetic Meat Sack, Doll Fucker and Collector of J
JohnsVGSetup-12-27-111.jpg

HDMANALOGVGEXAMPLE-8-25-12.jpg

Johnssystem7-2-14_zps5ee15caa.jpg

MACGYVERSYSTEM8-23-128.jpg

JOHNSSYSTEM-RATSNEST-1-8-112.jpg

JOHNSSYSTEM-RATSNEST-1-8-113.jpg

CLD-3030JOHN10-10-131_zps9c77c694.jpg

MacGsystem-1-21-121.jpg

(( NOT PICTURED; PS3 and SEGA DREAMCAST have been added since ))

MyVGConsolecollection-7-27-11.jpg

Last edited:

Master Tasuke

Pathetic Meat Sack, Doll Fucker and Collector of J
LOL!!!I was going to say...WTF is with the vibration dampeners on the Genesis? Seismic shit messing with the V1 Genesis lately or something?

that was necessary at the time, since i had the stereo lead from PHONES on the console dressed to run neatly under it,
zip-tied along the underside vents. it just looked neater that way to me.

since then, i've personally modded both the GENESIS and NEO AES with an L/R stereo RCA pair running out the back.
the sound quality is quite divine, way the hell better than i had ever heard before out of either console,
and the mod work took all of five or ten whole minutes...

Most of the more pricy or rare systems are on the carpet.

they are out like that for the photo. i have them neatly shelved otherwise. i simply don't have the space to have them all hooked up simultaneously...

Last edited:

Sex Machine

Big Monkey Balls 20
that was necessary at the time, since i had the stereo lead from PHONES on the console dressed to run neatly under the console,
zip-tied along the underside vents. it just looked neater that way to me.

since then, i've personally modded both the GENESIS and NEO AES with an L/R stereo RCA pair running out the back.
the sound quality is quite divine, way the hell better than i had ever heard before out of either console...

they are out like that for the photo. i have them neatly shelved otherwise. i simply don't have the space to have them all hooked up at once...

I know I'm just being an ass. lol

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
I used to have all my consoles plugged in a 22 inch flat screen tv. I bought some melamine wood and just built the setup myself. It was a cluster fuck of wires. I had my cmvs, DC, GC, 64, SNES, Saturn, Ps2, Ps3 and 360. I moved things around since then and only have the GC and PS3 plugged in atm. Id take pictures, but my whole house is a mess atm. lol