How about a game of the year score competition thing?

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Like right now we have the shmup and bump of the month threads, only these would run for an entire year.

Long enough for any interested person to get a board and post a score, even to learn more of the game and get some real competition going with a really relaxed schedule.

Month might be too short time for some people, you might even miss a game or two if you take a bit of down time. A year would certainly be long enough. This doesnt mean you couldnt still run the monthly threads too of course.

could have a vote for game in each genre in december and start playing in january.

What say you?

Last edited:

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
It would definitely need more than one game per genre. As I'm sure everyone here is aware, it's kind of a bummer when a game come up that you have no interest in playing.

A better idea might be a dedicated scoring subforum. Play whatever you want, post a score whenever you want. Honestly, I'm surprised there isn't already a scoring subforum with all the Neo games, or at least the ones where score means something.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
A high score sub-forum on neo-geo.com :lolz:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
It would definitely need more than one game per genre. As I'm sure everyone here is aware, it's kind of a bummer when a game come up that you have no interest in playing.

A better idea might be a dedicated scoring subforum. Play whatever you want, post a score whenever you want. Honestly, I'm surprised there isn't already a scoring subforum with all the Neo games, or at least the ones where score means something.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...Geo-High-Score-Thread-Top-Ranked-Players-Only

This is pretty much your sub forum lol.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member

Completely worthless.

You're on shmups right?

Problem solved.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Yep, I'll play some Spinmaster or Top Hunter and see how well I compare to other scores on shmups and ... oh.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Yep, I'll play some Spinmaster or Top Hunter and see how well I compare to other scores on shmups and ... oh.

Then stop worrying about action games nobody played for score other than Japanese people in the 90's.

EDIT: Or PM Gemant or something I don't know.

All I'm saying is a dedicated highscore subform with tables for multiple games would be pointless to have here.

I respect your will to learn.

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It'd be funny if, at the end of the year, the number of participants would still be in single digits simply because a) the thread falls off the front page after awhile or b) it's one of the stickied threads that nobody reads.

ed: oh yeah. That wyndcrosser dude tried to start something like this too. Didn't seem to go over too well.

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
That wyndcrosser dude tried to start something like this too. Didn't seem to go over too well.

He also tried selling homemade bumper stickers, and creating some sort of database compiled of other peoples work.