house broken into, neo collection untouched.

lord7289

n00b
Even when insured; I wonder what insurance companies would pay out and how they'd value any neo geo losses. Thankfully, the boxes are probably too bulky for the burglar smackheads to carry off.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Even when insured; I wonder what insurance companies would pay out and how they'd value any neo geo losses. Thankfully, the boxes are probably too bulky for the burglar smackheads to carry off.

"Replacement value" so find the highest price guide possible for the insurance company.

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
"Replacement value" so find the highest price guide possible for the insurance company.

I've heard of insurance companies that have been weird about "collections" of things. How they define that is up to them, but it can cost extra or be completely separate insurance.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
A quick note to the low life muggerscum who decided to break into my house today. Fuck you, you decided to take a whole lot of modern consoles but left all my neo games on their shelves. You trashed my house yet came away with a few hundred dollars worth of shite. Please get cancer. Has this happened to anyone else?
What kind of asshole would steal your modern consoles but leave the Neo on the shelf? I guess it's better that he took the modern consoles instead, they're easily replaceable. They're always looking for things that can be sold quickly for cash, not so much for old/niche consoles where you can't offload them just anywhere. Probably didn't know what is was, anyway.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I've heard of insurance companies that have been weird about "collections" of things. How they define that is up to them, but it can cost extra or be completely separate insurance.

It is a good idea to check with your insurance agent or company. If you aren't covered, might be a good time to change companies because that's a good indicator of how much they will try to stiff you in the event of a claim. Never cheap out on insurance, sleep well at night.

lord7289

n00b
It is a good idea to check with your insurance agent or company. If you aren't covered, might be a good time to change companies because that's a good indicator of how much they will try to stiff you in the event of a claim. Never cheap out on insurance, sleep well at night.

Wise words, in my line of work I deal with lots of people who miss out massively due to not having the right insurance, a few £s spent on the right policy can make an awful lot of difference. Photographing your whole collection (i.e keeping a visual inventory) and keeping receipts if possible is a decent start.

pmoniez

n00b
We have spent a decent amount on our contents insurance just in case this ever happened. The most annoying thing they stole was the antenna cable from my tv. What idiot steals maybe $10 worth of cabling but leaves the 2k tv behind. They also took my wife's dress jewellery but left the diamonds. You often here about dumb crooks but this is next level.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Hear* whoops��

Ti's alright matey.

All these replies and no one has said "That's what you get for living in a penal colony" You Murcan's are slippin'!!!

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
That's why when I get a house I'm getting video security.
I have some expensive shit.
If I ever caught someone breaking in or already in my home I'd hope I had it in me to execute them.
I don't care what their reason is or how good of a person they could be one day, violate someone's home like that and the son of a bitch should be drug out to the street and shot.
Seriously dude, get some hidden cameras you can activate when you're at work. Or better yet, set up a booby trap that squirts out a mist of hydrochloric acid so the mother fuckers lost their vision and gets a melted face.
A neighbor got completely cleared out by professionals when I was playing in the yard when i was 6 and I remember the trauma the woman endured. When I hear about shit like this I just want the people responsible to be burned alive. Fuckers don't deserve human rights.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member

Insure it, when they break in and steal it you will get more than it is worth.

If I ever caught someone breaking in or already in my home I'd hope I had it in me to execute them.

Bad idea, you will go to jail for a very long time and they will be dead. Just insure you're shit.

I don't care what their reason is or how good of a person they could be one day, violate someone's home like that and the son of a bitch should be drug out to the street and shot.

ok

Seriously dude, get some hidden cameras you can activate when you're at work.

Why hidden? You want to deter them if anything. Even a $5 fake camera off Ebay is better than a hidden camera. Even if you get footage of them then what? The jail time they get will be minimal (if any), they get out and will make a b line for you because you had them sent to jail.

Or better yet, set up a booby trap that squirts out a mist of hydrochloric acid so the mother fuckers lost their vision and gets a melted face.

ok

A neighbor got completely cleared out by professionals when I was playing in the yard when i was 6 and I remember the trauma the woman endured. When I hear about shit like this I just want the people responsible to be burned alive. Fuckers don't deserve human rights.

I know the feeling, I have been cleaned out too but it ended up being a profitable experience for me because I had insurance.

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Seriously dude, get some hidden cameras you can activate when you're at work. Or better yet, set up a booby trap that squirts out a mist of hydrochloric acid so the mother fuckers lost their vision and gets a melted face.

Move to Saudi Arabia. They will cut off the hands of any thief that they caught. XD

pmoniez

n00b
That's right themot. In Australia you cannot defend your property. Quite often people are sent to jail for defending their home while the perpetrators get a slap on the wrist. Good insurance is the best bet.

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
Shit, move to Texas. You can shoot someone for trespassing from what I understand. Yeehaw!

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I used to run a second hand videogame shop.
Got robbed once. They took even broken PS2's and Xbox's by that time ( 2007 ).

At a company I used to work for, it got broken into over a weekend. The thieves stole all the stuff closest to the door... which was a couple pallets of defect equipment for RMA.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
A quick note to the low life muggerscum who decided to break into my house today. Fuck you, you decided to take a whole lot of modern consoles but left all my neo games on their shelves. You trashed my house yet came away with a few hundred dollars worth of shite. Please get cancer. Has this happened to anyone else?

Was your wife home?

pmoniez

n00b
Luckily no. We work together so there is every chance they were casing the house. We are looking at a house to buy tomorrow so we can get out. I have hardly slept since it happened as you hear of repeat burglaries. Forensics got some prints so it's just a case of waiting to see if they are on the system. We also found an ip address they tried accessing my wife's email from. Thanks to everyone for the kind words.

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
Luckily no. We work together so there is every chance they were casing the house. We are looking at a house to buy tomorrow so we can get out. I have hardly slept since it happened as you hear of repeat burglaries. Forensics got some prints so it's just a case of waiting to see if they are on the system. We also found an ip address they tried accessing my wife's email from. Thanks to everyone for the kind words.

Dude I want to hear if they catch them, please update us

ThGame

Geese's Thug
This is a nightmare for any collector. I personally have upwards of a 1500 game collection. Ive had discussions with my insurance company about insuring it properly in my house for all sorts of reasons. Flood, theft, fire ect. I also keep a full video going through my collection one piece at a time to prove what i own And photos of the collection given to my insurance company to put in my portfolio. Basically all i can do besides build a bomb shelter around it and protect it with a slug ��

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
How does it works with collection of videogames? What value can be set on them? I dont think the insurance company is going to take in account the Neogeo Rarity List......

Any big tymer here can reply with how it works for them?

RoadBuster

Crossed Swords Squire
Sorry to hear it, man. I've been robbed twice, but neither time did they ever touch the retro stuff. Hope the insurance claim goes well and I'm glad the cats are safe!