Horrible MAMEcabs

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
OK this isn't a cab, but I don't think we have an "ugly work" thread here.

00f0f_lMSiZRui8OJ_600x450.jpg

I fit a supergun inside a cigar box. You could eat dinner off that thing its so big!

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
At least with homemade superguns no original cabs are harmed.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
+1 for the button layout
-5 for the horrid orange leapfrog leap pad design

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
My guess is the orange and blue thing was by design to reflect the Chicago Bears colors (where I live). As for every other aspect of the system, I'm completely confused. I'm glad the F3 is in the photo for size perspective and WTF doesn't include audio out in a super gun? Maybe the guy ran out of space?

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I've seen some obnoxiously oversized CPs before, but there's no topping this one:
biggest%20CP.jpg

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
You gotta tip the bartender to press start for you, waaaay over there.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Drinks take priority over the start button...lol...

Cool concept, dunno how practical but I'd try for shits and giggles.

Apocalypse

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Saddest part is I found all of them the same day by doing a search on TradeMe (NZ equivalent of eBay, with more morons/low ballers/arseholes/etc.). If you're brave enough you can have a look at prices they ask for them :hammer:

Apocalypse

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Let's assume for a moment that it is even remotely possible to use a 6 button configuration like that...I can't imagine that 1Ps right hand wouldn't interfere with the 2P left hand.
The guy says it was built by a professional... Sometimes NZ is full of bullshit :(

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
I thought Madman's "Barcade " pic was the winner but man Apocalypse I think you may have won this thread for a week.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Those XArcade (or whatever) setups are always some of the worst. :scratch:

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
i4HRLi6.jpg

This can all be yours for the low price of $1350!

Those XArcade (or whatever) setups are always some of the worst. :scratch:

If you can't have a cabinet in your place its fine its okay just play on your couch or on you PC, but don't go to crazy lengths to make up for it. Jeez
Ive always felt like these Xarcade setups wind up costing these people more money and effort than buying a beat up SF2 dragging a cabinet up a flight of stairs.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I don't mind pedestals and rigs that serve the purpose of arcade gaming but there's a right way to do it and wrong way to do it. The arcade setup is just a tool to play the games, there's no entitlement in having one whatsoever just like there's nothing wrong with trying to recreate that feeling at home without an actual arcade cabinet.