Hori Neo Geo fighting sticks

Hello

Crossed Swords Squire
I was wondering what everyone thinks about these sticks as far as feel, modding etc........:B:

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
i have one, a neo II specifically. there is really not a lot of need to mod it since it already kicks so much dick. its fuckin sweet.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
The OG Neo sticks are awesome, without a doubt. But a Hori beats the hell out of them.

I've got the OG Neo, Neo II, and a modded one with all Sanwa parts. A modded Hori takes things to an entirely different level.

Hello

Crossed Swords Squire
are there any diff between the hori1 and hori2 neo sticks

daybona

Juz,
I saw one of these in a store once and didn't buy it. When I went back, it was gone :(

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I have a stock Neo Hori II, and I love it.

No plans on ever modding it either.

Last edited:

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Everyone loves the hori - I wish I could love it too but imho it's so ugly :)

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Everyone loves the hori - I wish I could love it too but imho it's so ugly :)

You're surely uglier. I'm serious :)

My only complain about it is that I can't position all of my fingers as I do on the original AES stick.
Other than that, it rocks.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
My main complaint is they rust like a motherfucker. It's very difficult to find an original rust free Hori.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
well dammit now ive got to check and see if mine is rusty when i get home tomorrow...

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
My main complaint is they rust like a motherfucker. It's very difficult to find an original rust free Hori.

You have to sand it down and get it powdercoated to keep it from rusting anymore.

Neo Hori with 30mm Seimitsu/Sanwa buttons, JLF w/octogate...lol Too easy to play, I love it.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I have the Hori Neo II stick as well and I love it. It's the stick I use when I play my Neo.

daijiro_074

Crazed MVS Addict
I have the hori Neo II stick too and i love it.
Luckily I bought it a few years ago in Japan complete with box in excellent state, normally i play with a new style because i prefer to keep the hori for collection, but sometimes i play with the hori and it is a delight.
highly recommended

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I also have 2 hori II sticks, both unmodded. They are great, but I wonder if replacing the stick with something else can make them even better.

Regards.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I also have 2 hori II sticks, both unmodded. They are great, but I wonder if replacing the stick with something else can make them even better.

Regards.

Put some Sanwa JLF with Octogate and thank me later. I also prefer it with the 1mm oversized actuator.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Always wanted one of these, but they seem pretty hard to find.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Put some Sanwa JLF with Octogate and thank me later. I also prefer it with the 1mm oversized actuator.

it will forever puzzle me why neo geo enthusiasts would prefer a sanwa when AES sticks are seimitsu. if anything i would put an ls-32 in the hori if i were going to mod it, but it more or less already feels like a seimitsu so it's perfect for me.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
it will forever puzzle me why neo geo enthusiasts would prefer a sanwa when AES sticks are seimitsu. if anything i would put an ls-32 in the hori if i were going to mod it, but it more or less already feels like a seimitsu so it's perfect for me.

It's more of a space issue plus I' have no idea which seimitsu would fit in there.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I pine for these sticks nightly. Are they any good for puzzlers?

Honestly, I prefer a regular control pad for puzzle games. Puzzle Bobble is one of the few times I dig out the PS2 to Neo controller adapter.

Hello

Crossed Swords Squire
These sticks are built like tanks. I have a extra one that needs a new joystick so im gonna try and put a JLF in it.