Hiryu No Ken series

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Are there any fans of this series here? My seeds on infatuation were planted way back after playing Ultimate Fighter on the SNES, but that one isn't very representative of what makes the series interesting.

I've been playing Flying Warriors lately, and while I think the platforming and popcorn enemies are pretty brutal for what's considered more or less an rpg, I really enjoy almost everything about this title (look, pace, crosshair vs. fights especially).

Any tips/opinions on this title or on any of the others (Flying Dragon, Hiryu No Ken 2 and 3?)

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Nobody?

These are games that "aren't like anything else out there".

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I played Ultimate Fighter many years ago. I must not have thought it was worth going back to because I don't remember much of it.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
What’s up ASID. I picked up “Flying Dragon” on the nes as a kid based entirely on its awesome cover art and loved it at the time. The platforming segments were ok, but I really enjoyed the “hit the target”-style versus matches since it was the closest thing I had to a fighting game on the nes at the time. Eventually, I played the super famicom Hiryu no ken S, before becoming aware that Hiryu no Ken was actually an entire series beyone just those 2 localized titles in the usa.

I played the other titles but since nostalgia played such a large role in my attachment to those games, I wasn’t really able to get into the other 2d titles in the series. Every now and then I play Hiryu no Ken S, but that’s about all these days.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
pretty certain i never touched these games.

Hi guys. Which country of origin is Noel from in SD Hiryu no Ken Gaiden 2/EX? Is it Turkey, Russia, France or something country of origin? Can you answer me?

Last edited:
Are there any fans of this series here? My seeds on infatuation were planted way back after playing Ultimate Fighter on the SNES, but that one isn't very representative of what makes the series interesting.

I've been playing Flying Warriors lately, and while I think the platforming and popcorn enemies are pretty brutal for what's considered more or less an rpg, I really enjoy almost everything about this title (look, pace, crosshair vs. fights especially).

Any tips/opinions on this title or on any of the others (Flying Dragon, Hiryu No Ken 2 and 3?)
Which country of origin is Noel from in SD Hiryu no Ken Gaiden 2/EX? Is it Turkey, Russia, France or something country of origin? Can you answer me?

Mr. Karate II

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Which country of origin is Noel from in SD Hiryu no Ken Gaiden 2/EX? Is it Turkey, Russia, France or something country of origin? Can you answer me?
'Hiryu no Ken' has never had any relevance outside of Japan and in the West almost nobody talks about it or archive data about it, so if this information is really that relevant to you, you can always buy the original game and see if there is something written on the instruction manual

Anyway, Noel is a male name of French origin, while the female counterpart is Noelle (are both related to Christmas day): if you're wondering why this female character has a male name, you have to consider that this series was made by Japanese developers who lived in the analog era of the 20th century (with almost no contact with the West) and these kinds of mistakes were quite common for products of that period.

'Hiryu no Ken' has never had any relevance outside of Japan and in the West almost nobody talks about it or archive data about it, so if this information is really that relevant to you, you can always buy the original game and see if there is something written on the instruction manual

Anyway, Noel is a male name of French origin, while the female counterpart is Noelle (are both related to Christmas day): if you're wondering why this female character has a male name, you have to consider that this series was made by Japanese developers who lived in the analog era of the 20th century (with almost no contact with the West) and these kinds of mistakes were quite common for products of that period.
Okay. SD Hiryu no Ken EX instruction manual for Gameboy Color. Culture Brain was renamed to Culture Brain Excel. @Mr. Karate II What country of origin is Helbert from?

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Why are we saying "Hi" to Ryu and "No" to Ken? The ghost of Michael Jackson thinks that's ignorant and I'm inclined to agree.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
2454.jpg