Heritage Auctions and Wata Games Fraud

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
I'm guessing that if one copy of the game came with a Xbox Live trial card, they all did (though, admittedly, I don't know for sure). Interesting that they would have chosen to mention that on their bullshit grading sheet, and that that would drive the price up by $9k+.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
$1.5M is what you pay for like…a Picasso sketch or Shakespeare’s hotel receipt or a brand new supercar they only built six of, not something that they literally made 12 million of just 25 years ago. Everyone pushing this narrative is full of shit, it being a miniature copy isn’t any less insane, IMO. If the game is worth $1.5M then so is a model or even a grainy b/w photo of it. This whole story is about recidivist fraudsters exploring a glitch in capitalism. It won’t last forever.

The first $1.5M game not via fraud should probably not be Japanese but if it is it should be a Neo game. I think we’re still a ways from the entire Neo library being worth $1.5M combined…but then nobody has slabbed and graded a complete Neo set yet, right? :) Ah, I crack myself up…

A game that is worth $1.5M: that VOOT setup that Sega was running on two R360s. I bet they’d deliver that shit to your garage for $1.5M, probably even sell you the attendant uniforms.

Last edited:

Ajax

15 Year Member
Why should the first game legitimately worth $1.5M not be Japanese, specifically?

Also, any guesses on what would happen if WATA received an extremely high end Neo Geo cart?

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
For the same reason the first $100M car won’t be Japanese. They got into it too late. All the earliest arcade, console, and computer games were all American, earlier stuff usually goes for more in non-rigged markets.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
These goons don't care about Japanese games, it's all about US Nintendo junk because that's the most recognizable to the audience they are scamming. Nobody buying this shit wants to pay out the ass for a game they've never heard of and can't read the packaging for.

You guys act like you want them to start grading Japanese games or something.

Ajax

15 Year Member
Nah, not at all. More than anything, I want WATA to fuck off completely. I would prefer that they don't touch anything Japanese, 'cause that's the shit that's actually worth playing, and it's still fun to pick up a game here or there. Would be nice to continue to do that, though that market has also gone completely off the rails.

Was curious about the logic, that's all.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Nobody would care if Toromaru for the Saturn sold for a million bucks because no one outside of a handful of weirdos like us know what it is. News outlets aren't going to cover that and give them free publicity.

Bigger audience equals more suckers.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
These goons don't care about Japanese games, it's all about US Nintendo junk because that's the most recognizable to the audience they are scamming.

Yes, as I’m pretty sure I also already stated earlier in this thread.

I don’t know what was said that would make you think that. Is anyone here advocating for game grading of any kind? Not that I noticed.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
These goons don't care about Japanese games, it's all about US Nintendo junk because that's the most recognizable to the audience they are scamming. Nobody buying this shit wants to pay out the ass for a game they've never heard of and can't read the packaging for.

You know I didn't stop to think about how only US games are involved in this blatant retardness. God bless the Japanese and their writing system, filtering westerners since forever

NeoTeam546

Cheng's Errand Boy
20 Year Member
The only person thinking graded games are good investments are the suckers with the bread to buy em.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
so if I slap my Mint MotW in a WATA case how much can I get? Cause I want a million plz

Ajax

15 Year Member
Simply buy the WATA graded Minecraft that's on ebay currently and auction it off at a proper high-end auction house. When it inevitably goes for a fraction of the cost of the Heritage piece, I imagine that will open up the eyes of the general public.

Edit: Here's an even better one. Let's see what this actually goes for on ebay:

Last edited:

Mr.Bojangles

War Room Troll
This is all major bullshit. A bunch of people who a month ago, didnt give a shit about retro gaming, but being the oportunistic sacks of shit they are they had to find another hot collectors market they could exploit and wither away. Thing is, all these insane bids are from people looking to artificially inflate the value of these games. You cant fool gamers, and most wont be dropping these absurd amounts of cash for what are generally common games. This just isnt sustainable, and at some point their corruption will catch up with them, and i hope these assholes lose a ton of cash in the process. I'd also like to see them face major repurcussions for their illegal tactics in getting these games to sell for such exorbitant prices.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
This is all major bullshit. A bunch of people who a month ago, didnt give a shit about retro gaming, but being the oportunistic sacks of shit they are they had to find another hot collectors market they could exploit and wither away. Thing is, all these insane bids are from people looking to artificially inflate the value of these games. You cant fool gamers, and most wont be dropping these absurd amounts of cash for what are generally common games. This just isnt sustainable, and at some point their corruption will catch up with them, and i hope these assholes lose a ton of cash in the process. I'd also like to see them face major repurcussions for their illegal tactics in getting these games to sell for such exorbitant prices.
Yeah it's a real pity you can't scoop up the games of the deceased for a bargain price isn't it?