Having trouble with the cartridge slot door on AES

theGau

Overtop Pathfinder
15 Year Member
I have a AES I bought a few years ago, a US one. And the door to the cartridge slot are completely different than my Japanese one. They actually get caught on the cartridge slot on the inside and stick open and I have to push them in to get them to close. But the main issue now is that they are putting pressure on a cartridge once one is inserted and that is causing the games to not load properly at all. Anyone one else has this issue?

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
my aes issue similar to yours was due to the unibios, as its socketed. hm...

theGau

Overtop Pathfinder
15 Year Member
No I don't have unibios installed, it just seems that the hinges on the door are spring loaded. I'm half tempted to just remove them and make a little plastic cover for whenever I don't have a game in

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Was the AES motherboard recased in a different shell? I know also that if someone replaced the cart slots with ones from the neostore in a 1st gen AES that it will hit the cart slot as the replacements are taller than the stock ones.

theGau

Overtop Pathfinder
15 Year Member
I have no idea, I got it off someone off the forums before I got kicked in the purge. The door hinges just feel like they are loose or something but they aren't.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I have no idea, I got it off someone off the forums before I got kicked in the purge. The door hinges just feel like they are loose or something but they aren't.

If you open the AES and look at the flat sides of the cart slots, does it say NEO in a fancy typeface?

theGau

Overtop Pathfinder
15 Year Member
Found out that the door wasn't connected to the metal shielding at all, all 4 of the plastic screw holes were broken off and had to glue them back on now it's fine.

theGau

Overtop Pathfinder
15 Year Member
I sense the sarcasm, but thanks dawg. But now there's a new problem, the years the door/shielding spent separated took a toll on the pins, so who around here is good with replacing the pins on a AES?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
No sarcasm intended. You figured out the issue and fixed it yourself.

theGau

Overtop Pathfinder
15 Year Member
Oh ok cool sorry man, but now I don't think I'm going to be able to fix the new problem

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
yeesh, that really sucks man, sorry to hear that the pins got messed up. that will take a good solder guy to replace. the neo store sells the replacement cart slots though i believe.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I sense the sarcasm, but thanks dawg. But now there's a new problem, the years the door/shielding spent separated took a toll on the pins, so who around here is good with replacing the pins on a AES?

You might as well swap out the cart slot.

theGau

Overtop Pathfinder
15 Year Member
I knew they have them, but I don't have the soldering experience to do it.

theGau

Overtop Pathfinder
15 Year Member
Don't have access to messaging anymore, damn purge