Happy inauguration day!

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
The original Q was some dude in the Philippines as a joke on 4chan and, what started as a joke like with the flat earthers and The_Donald, spiraled into some people's reality.

There is no one official Q guy. Everyone who believes in it is a Q, I think. So anyone can post something as Q.
So there's no official account on twitter or something where people are getting this stuff? Anyone can just say, "I heard from a guy that Q said," or whatever, and people go with it? The world is such an amazing and absurd place. I'd enjoy the hell out of it if it was a different country rather than ours. And wasn't the Philippines on Trump's list of shithole countries?

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I'm sorry, I've never really looked into the "Q" stuff, so I don't know. But is there actually a centralized place "Q" statements are coming from? Like it's actually one guy and not a confederation of trolls pranking people various places around the internet?

Parler and a few other sites. There's a decent Forbes article on it I think.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Not renewing funding for private prisons is something I can get behind. Now let’s do the same for the private immigration detention centers.

Gitmo closed yet? I’m still waiting.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Not renewing funding for private prisons is something I can get behind. Now let’s do the same for the private immigration detention centers.

Gitmo closed yet? I’m still waiting.

I thought Obama closed Gitmo?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Nope, still got “terrorists” locked up in Guantanamo Bay who have never received legal representations.

EDIT: Or rather have yet to Go on trial. IIRC there was one guy who didn’t get legal representation until 2019

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Meh. On his second day in office, he signed an executive order to close gitmo within a year. But something happened, I dunno. I think people didn't want the inmates to be reassigned to prisons in the mainland? Or Republicans happened?

Well, anyway, the number of inmates went down from in the hundreds to 55 iirc. So there's that at least.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I’m not going to applaud the government for being less evil.

But yeah, I don’t think any new prisoners have been housed at Guantanamo. I could be wrong.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Meh. On his second day in office, he signed an executive order to close gitmo within a year. But something happened, I dunno. I think people didn't want the inmates to be reassigned to prisons in the mainland? Or Republicans happened?

Well, anyway, the number of inmates went down from in the hundreds to 55 iirc. So there's that at least.

What happened is that there was no political will to actually do it. They had control of the presidency, house, and senate and only would have opened themselves up to attacks by closing it.

Executive orders are not governing. Or at least they shouldn't be, but it seems we have a legislature that has ceded all of its power to the executive.

It is only a matter of time before one of the kings attempts to disband parliament.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Executive orders are not governing. Or at least they shouldn't be, but it seems we have a legislature that has ceded all of its power to the executive.

You seemed content when the last guy ruled by tweedict and EO.

What changed?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
We have to stop these racists from hijacking language and pop culture. The "boogaloo boys" have simultaneously rendered a great Bowie song radioactive, made it impossible for normal people to wear Magnum PI Hawaiian shirts, and made it so I can no longer give a The Prisoner-style "be seeing you" salute. One bullshit group did all that in one fell swoop.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Racists ruin everything.

I still can't get over the idea that the worst instance of racism you've ever witnessed was someone in a car you were riding in yelling at a girl. I meant to ask you, how did you react? What did you do about it? Since you were in the car with him, and I'm presuming he was a friend of yours.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Last summer the office folks at work were doing Hawaiian shirt Friday’s.

I begrudgingly agreed to participate.

I bought a copy of one of Magnum PI’s shirts and a Detroit tigers ball cap.

Don’t let morons take our stuff.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I'm sorry, I've never really looked into the "Q" stuff, so I don't know. But is there actually a centralized place "Q" statements are coming from? Like it's actually one guy and not a confederation of trolls pranking people various places around the internet?

At the end, Q was posting on 8kun (formerly 8chan), an tor onion site. There have been multiple points where the identity of the Q poster could have changed, but the final Q account was probably at least accessible by Jim Watkins, who took over the site from Fredrick Brennan, and his son Ron.

Brennan has since become an outspoken critic of Qanon.

I don't think the Q account has posted anything since the election. For a while, Ron Watkins was getting interviewed as an expert on computer voting systems and election fraud. A reasonable theory is that Ron and Jim were the final Q, with Ron trying to ditch the persona and transition to a more mainstream and profitable scam after the election was lost.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I still can't get over the idea that the worst instance of racism you've ever witnessed was someone in a car you were riding in yelling at a girl. .

I didn't say it was the worst, I said it was the worst anti-asian.

I meant to ask you, how did you react? What did you do about it? Since you were in the car with him, and I'm presuming he was a friend of yours.

Wasn't my friend. I barely knew the guy. Told him it was racist. He told me not to worry about it since everybody is racist.