Halloween Traditions (Games, Movies, Crimes?)

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
My favorite season has arrived and I gotta ask:

Anyone else have some fun Halloween rituals they like to celebrate every year?

I try to play through a Castlevania game every weekend of October leading up to the 31st (thinking Bloodlines, Rondo, SCIV, maybe Kid Dracula this year). Also try to hold some monster movie or other horror themed marathons with the friends and fam during the weekends.

Tentative list:
Chucky Trilogy
Evil Dead
Pumpkin Head

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I decorate. I have 5 giant totes of decorations plus some. I have done a few scenes like a giant butcher shop on my front lawn. My favorite though is I have created a giant funnal web to my front door filled with spiders and a giant 6 foot spider at the end. The funnal is about 10 feet deep.

Games and movies as well. Nightmare before christmas for the kids and for me a mix Nightmare on elm street or friday the 13th.

I am going to play a mix this year. Definitely some castlevania, gonna mix it up with some splaughterhouse. But I have evil with in on ps4.

Endlessnameless

They call me Gringo,
I watch horror movies on and off so I may watch more in october. I Like to watch cartoons I remember watching as a kid during the Halloween season.
It's the great pumpkin charlie brown
Garfield's Halloween special
And the wife likes watching the halloween tree. Also dinosaurdracula.com It used to be x-entertainment.com and the guy that runs the site is huge into halloween.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I'll watch some horror movies. Mostly old cheesy slasher movies and some of the paranormal stuff. In terms of gaming, I always play through Dead Space, as its one of those games I know everything about.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
A buddy of mine usually throws a pretty good party. I don't always go because he lives like 30 miles away but if I don't work the following day, I'll be there.

Otherwise I'll probably just watch Scream or marathon the Halloween episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Earthquake24

Dodgeball Yakuza
Favorite time of the year! I already watch horror movies as much as possible, so I'll go through my collection and watch whatever I haven't seen in awhile. Might also go to Shoutfactory and on Amazon to see if there is anything I'd like to pick up. Of course, there is the AMC FearFest starting in a couple of weeks.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
My wife dresses up like a witch and I a worlock, she plays with my magik wand

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i watch reviews on people watching horror movies. nice to know what other people think and discover some films i never heard of.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Halloween growing up was a blast...first as a kid where our neighborhood gave out LOTS of candy and had a street party. Then as an adult in my old home decorating, dressing up in costume, giving out the BEST candy on the block and having fun with the kids.

Nowadays I helped out still pass out candy but last year on Halloween night our family dog of many years died and now without my mom around, I'm not getting into that old Halloween spirit anymore. I still have the avatar and sig pic but other than that... :(

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Play RE2
Watch Phantasm, Return Of The Living Dead,Friday The 13th, Texas Chain Saw, and Nghtmare on Elm Street 2

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Nothing beats the Pandora Box I install in my cab for the Halloween. I get nightmares everytime.

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
Loving all the traditions and crimes so far (especially Neodogg's ;) ).

Just finished Pumpkin Head and I'm shocked it's not as highly regarded or at least publicly well known. Unmatched atmosphere and Stan Winston practical effects, coupled with perfect pacing, its arguably a study in how to make a monster movie (even if its a marginally safe one). Though no amount of movie magic can make Lance Henriksen look young apparently.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Games just about any castlevania for movies it's random i'm not the biggest fan of horror.

Jarofmayo

Morden's Lackey
Nothing beats having a couple friends over to try and beat Nightmare on Elm Street with 4 Players. It's usually all over once we get to the stage before the boss rush. Another awesome game to play over Spooksmas is Parasite Eve.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I like to play Vampire Savior in October. Ill probably mix it up with some Melty Blood and Under night as well.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
because my birthday is 5 days before, when I was a kid I used to celebrate my birthday on halloween, and to me the fact is was halloween was way more important than the fact that I was celebrating my birthday. love that day.
this year we'll be having a halloween 2 hour special on the ikle radio show my mate and I have. so mucho dark leaning music, maybe a few devilish pacts. I may carve up a pumpkin

Ip Man

15 Year Member
Nothing beats having a couple friends over to try and beat Nightmare on Elm Street with 4 Players. It's usually all over once we get to the stage before the boss rush. Another awesome game to play over Spooksmas is Parasite Eve.

that sounds very cozy. i miss those kind of get to get togethers. now every one i know is too old for that kind of stuff.

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
I like to play Vampire Savior in October. Ill probably mix it up with some Melty Blood and Under night as well.

Just played through it on my Saturn via trinitron last night actually. Such a fantastic atmosphere! Capcom was amazing ugh

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy

Ooooo parasite eve, good choice.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
my favorite time of year, my birthday is on the 22nd and halloween is on the 31st. i play spooky games, watch spooky movies, listen to spooky music

I like to play: Darkstalkers, Doom, Castlevania, Ghosts n Goblins

I like to watch: Hellraiser, Hellbound, Nightmare on Elm St., The Craft, Nightbreed,

I like to listen to: My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult, Meat Beat Manifesto, Ministry, a variety of shoegaze...

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
For me I
Play
Vampire Savior
Resident Evil 1

Watch
The Nightmare Before Christmas
The Crow

Listen
Misfits
Samhain
AFI -all hallows ep
Danzig 4
Son of Sam

That's really about it.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
Watch

The Crow

this movie was a big thing for me back in my college days. the comic book it's adapted from is still one of my all time favourites. i guess the crow is a great movie to watch at halloween.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Take my kids trick or treating. Hoping to hit McDonald Avenue (Santa Rosa, Ca) this year. Best place in the North Bay.