Gunlord Snap Cases

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
My PVM looks like it was made to be placed any which way so that really doesn't matter to me.. although it's a heavy beast :P

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Well... Mine´s a 30" Sony Trinitron. It stays on its side if I just turn it on its side. It´s rather simple. Turn off first. wait 15 minutes. Rotate, wait another few minutes. turn on. Tate action.

I dont know if your tv has some funky unstable side so it doesnt stay stable when rotated but other than that, I dont see why not to try it :)

Nice setup there Mendel.

I just think that they kind of shot themselves in the foot from a business standpoint by offering a tate only shmup for the Neo . I mean, the market for $400-$500 Neo games is already quite small as it is, why reduce that even more with a tate only shmup?

Anyway, it still looks great and I'm interested in hearing some reviews once it comes out. Personally, i'll be investing in their next release though. Can't wait for that!

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
They're building the game on an xyx editor. Maybe that feature is present in the editor itself?

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
According to the ng dev facebook page all snap cases have been shipped and xyx mvs is shipping next week!

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
According to the ng dev facebook page all snap cases have been shipped and xyx mvs is shipping next week!

Sooner than I expected! Still have procrastinated on a one slot to play it in tate..

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I got mine.

They're not genuine SNK cases though, quite a bit more flimsy and 20g lighter than the official ones.

KVwsuJ9.jpg

(Top is Samurai Spirits 0, middle is Kof 2003 and Gunlord at the bottom)

Those "two whatever you call them" (marked) at the snaplock are a bit bigger than any other official cases I got and not totally evenly cut. The two squares beside the lock are a bit higher and leave a bit of air between the two sides of the case when closed, you can also press them in with your thumb quite easily, something you can't do on the official ones.

Good fakes though, good job DavidG.

Last edited:

yoshi41

Crazed MVS Addict
Some more case pics...

gunlord_case_01.JPG

gunlord_case_02.JPG

gunlord_case_03.JPG

gunlord_case_04.JPG

gunlord_case_05.JPG

gunlord_case_06.JPG

Compared to Blazing Star (Gunlord is always left)...

gunlord_case_07.JPG

gunlord_case_08.JPG

gunlord_case_09.JPG

gunlord_case_10.JPG

The temp case is unfortunately a bit too small for MVS carts. Otherwise I would have donated it to an MVS owner.

gunlord_case_11.JPG

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Also received my snapcase today. Definitely a reproduction but still looking very good. Maybe it's even better to get a repro case for an indie game. Kinda fits better than an official one.

theMot

10 Year Member
They look pretty good, at least you can tell they are just slightly different to the real ones. For an unofficial game what does it matter...

I wonder how many of these were produced.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
One thing that might be good is the plastic is less brittle than the original ones. After a while the original ones start to crack near the latch.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
As long as you brace the back portion of the case and hold the front portion firmly before unlatching,the bending of the latch should be extremely minor.You just use enough force to gently unhook the latch and you should be good with both.
BB

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
My question is, will anyone sell these loose? I'd like to have some cases for some of the loose AES games.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
As long as you brace the back portion of the case and hold the front portion firmly before unlatching,the bending of the latch should be extremely minor.You just use enough force to gently unhook the latch and you should be good with both.
BB

First time I even opened a snaplock case, I opened it as gently as possible haha. I'm all too familiar with these sorts of plastic cases.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
My question is, will anyone sell these loose? I'd like to have some cases for some of the loose AES games.

We both know if DavidG sells them loose his mark-up will be nowhere near a fair price. He will probably try selling them on feebay as NOS.

theMot

10 Year Member
DavidG could have been a Neo Geo scene legend but he had to turn to the dark side...

darthvader-design.jpg

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
There's no real motivation to sell them loose unless they had a glut made. Just look how long it took for them to acquire... The run probably cost a small fortune and there's no shelf life expiration date as long as care is taken...
btw,that Gun Lord insert would look much better border less and the illustrated characters a bit larger but that's just me.
Really awsome to see new Neo Geo games being made!!
BB

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
btw,that Gun Lord insert would look much better border less and the illustrated characters a bit larger but that's just me.
Really awsome to see new Neo Geo games being made!!
BB

That's why I went with a JP one instead of the English one.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Those new/repro snaps look really good. I know its DGE, but why add the SNK logo? They should've left that blank to make it easier to distinguish between NOS/original cases and the repros... but yeah, whatever.

DavidG could have been a Neo Geo scene legend but he had to turn to the dark side...
stop it, Vader is way too cool to even be compared to DavidG.