Gunlord Snap Cases

Capt. Lurker

There's a post count?What the fuck isThat All abou
WOOT We did it guys! I would like to thank GT40 most of all for never giving up, this is all thanks to you buddy!

I know! You're welcome.

I'm glad I could help you get those NGDT AES games you dumped 100% deposit on... oh wait, never mind, my bad.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Patience is always the key. Now all will be good.

Now the question remains. What to do with the custom box?

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Maybe now after they have their "Supply" they will get stuff moving. I want to see some screen shots of that Ikari game that's in the works.

mahesak

Morden's Lackey
It's good news and I still feel good with NGDEV as same.... The time of waiting is not any effcts for my believe to NGDEV :)

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
You're old and jaded Tarma pal...

..this is a young mans game... and like in babylon 5... They have learned to understand... time to let them go...

xROTx

PS. Not that I care about Ng.dev... but it keeps the scene sorta semi-alive...

meh

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
You mean, the TATE ONLY shmup on Home Cart?

Pretty useful...

The idea is admirable for arcade enthusiasts but, its just not practical IMO for a lot of people including me. I was really looking forward to it but I'm not flipping my tv for no game. I just don't understand why they didn't make it like Strikers 1945 Plus w/ the side bars. It would have been just as good imo of course.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
I'm waiting on XYX MVS reprint depending on how much I like my DC copy. I wouldn't be into the AES version, but if it's a stellar Toaplan like shooter, I'd buy a cheap one-slot and put the MVS cart in my tate cab. An AES copy would be for show purposes only, and I don't suffer from that craziness...yet.

Blondin

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Finally, these damned snapcases are here. I thought they would never make it to us customers.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Well, I for one WILL be tateing my crt tv with cmvs for xyx. Much easier than tateing the cab monitor. Cant imagine it being any different for many of you guys with AES :)

Besides, I thought they were going to be giving it a good effort to make it playable vertically too, what with some of the graphics being redrawn as rotated as an option.

Last edited:

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Well, I for one WILL be tateing my crt tv with cmvs for xyx. Much easier than tateing the cab monitor. Cant imagine it being any different for many of you guys with AES :)

29" CRT, Toshiba TV, rotated on it's side?? Maybe if it was a 14" or an equally sided cube-like PVM etc, but... no. Not a chance. And not buying a TV just for one game either.

Besides, I thought they were going to be giving it a good effort to make it playable vertically too, what with some of the graphics being redrawn as rotated as an option.
They're rotating the HUD/score gfx etc so you can play it 'like' a Hori shooter. Brilliant. Granted, the game can't be rotated in the options when played on the Neo due to how the hardware is designed to display sprites (i.e. game needs to be recreated AGAIN to run in Yoko), however...

They could at least bother to include a scaled Yoko mode on the SEGA Dreamcast version, because that console is more than capable. Then again... would you want the DC release to ursurp the 10x more expensive Neo release?

Probably not.

It's just a shame for me, personally, as it looks like a cool game but I just don't have a satisfactory way of playing it. And horizontally isn't it...

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Didn't they say they were including a scaled yoko mode on the dreamcast version? I remember reading that somewhere.

Shoot, that's why I was getting the DC version.

Last edited:

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
As if you would be into arcade games and not have some kind of tate setup.

6tusBeckmesser

Mr. Big's Thug

:buttrock:

But apparently the backlash was already enough. Somewhere around March they said it would be their first and last tate game. Also, shouldn't this be in the XYX thread? :D

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Fair enough, IF you were buying the MVS cart; it's expected that you'd probably have the right set-up to accommodate the game. But for those with a Home Cart system or DC, then you *should* presume that the potential buyers will want to play the game on their home set-up, which ordinarily, doesn't comprise of a 'portrait' orientated TV screen for tate gaming.

Personally, I don't game on a small portable TV set that can be easily rotated, nor do I play games on a small LCD monitor on a computer desk in the corner of a spare room with a dedicated chair.

Regardless, I'm just one of a few in a minority. Ultimately, I hope the game is good and I hope those who do buy it get the most out of it and enjoy it. The TATE only approach will definitely be great for those who can take advantage or be more willing to flex for it...

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Free Crt off the side of the road x Tate = Gold.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I'll wait until they deliver all of the components of Fast Striker and Gunlord homecarts before I'd consider any other purchase from them.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
likewise - in fact i ended up getting refunds on both my preorders just last week

I wont buy from them anymore unless they have the game in stock

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
29" CRT, Toshiba TV, rotated on it's side?? Maybe if it was a 14" or an equally sided cube-like PVM etc, but... no. Not a chance. And not buying a TV just for one game either.

Well... Mine´s a 30" Sony Trinitron. It stays on its side if I just turn it on its side. It´s rather simple. Turn off first. wait 15 minutes. Rotate, wait another few minutes. turn on. Tate action.
vpandesp.jpg

(old pic, never mind the cab, it doesnt look quite like that anymore :) But there is the tv tated next to it. )

I dont know if your tv has some funky unstable side so it doesnt stay stable when rotated but other than that, I dont see why not to try it :)

Last edited: