Gun Lord - Another new game by NG:DEV Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

NG:DEV.TEAM

Marked Wolf
The coolness of Ikari/Guevara comes from the rotary stick IMO...missed chance for ShockTroopers series...

Can't remember the whole Iritating Maze thread, but would it be possible to hook a rotary stick (using interrupts like in the mahjong controller)?

Yes, I pulled it off a few years ago. But it requires an extra circuit to work 100%. The main problem is, that SNK used those prolonged DB15 connectors, it's just not possible to make extra controllers without a molding. Secondly those sticks are out of print for over 20 years, it doesn't make any sense to use them for a commercial project.

I think Shocktroopers controls fine anyway, I find those rotary sticks to be overrated. I had them for 3 months in one of my Egret IIs, those games I tested felt rather sucky.

Probably Last Hope Pink Bullets AES

It's a new game and for 2012 it's probably MVS only due to time constraints. We should be able to show something in September.

valgalder

Kula's Candy
what about having the option for "robotron" like controls (which would obviously only work in single player mode) but being able to control your guy just using 1p and 2p joysticks at once.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
what about having the option for "robotron" like controls (which would obviously only work in single player mode) but being able to control your guy just using 1p and 2p joysticks at once.

If that's the case it would be better to use the buttons to control the direction of shooting but like NGDEV said the Shock Troopers setup for controls would be best and easiest.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
I'd put my money on Redux as the new game in 2012! Maybe a release for the Neo alongside the DC one?

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Any progress on the cart shells or whatever it is that's keeping the AES versions delayed?

Is 6/30 gonna be the actual release date or is it gonna be delayed again?

NG:DEV.TEAM

Marked Wolf
Any progress on the cart shells or whatever it is that's keeping the AES versions delayed?

Is 6/30 gonna be the actual release date or is it gonna be delayed again?

6/30 is a place holder.

Everything is slow but we have steady movement. An associate of us inspected a few days ago the 4000 shells and snapcases at location. Everything looks perfect so far. The deal should be closed within the next 2 weeks. After that it takes 4 weeks to ship the sea container + 1-2 weeks until the first batch can be shipped.
Our custom proto PCBs are working fine too, we will close tests soon and order the production run.

Fast Striker AES will be shipped 8 weeks after Gunlord AES and Last Hope Pink Bullets AES 8 weeks after Fast Striker AES.

Once we have everything here in Germany, future releases will be easily 8 weeks after their respective MVS release.

you guys need to hook up with a north american retailer to get the games you make into the hands of people that want them here in the states also so we here in the states don't have to worry about euro conversion.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
you guys need to hook up with a north american retailer to get the games you make into the hands of people that want them here in the states also so we here in the states don't have to worry about euro conversion.

I don't think the market for their games is big enough for that idea to work. Don't forget that they're making games for systems that are long gone.

20 or 30 at a time would fly off the shelf at 400 a piece just saying us to euro conversion is way to much no matter what it is

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
20 or 30 at a time would fly off the shelf at 400 a piece just saying us to euro conversion is way to much no matter what it is

I doubt any retailer would like to shell out $12,000 just to shelve 30 units because there is no wholesale on these so it would then need to be marked up to $500+ per unit.

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member

At least for the AES/MVS versions, if an American is willing to buy them then the added hit of the conversion is pretty insignificant.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!

Somebody is paying the conversion no matter how you look at it. Plus, I don't think any game priced at $400 would be flying off of any shelf, in any store, anywhere. I think you are over-estimating the market for these games. I'm pretty sure just about everyone who wants Gunlord (for example) and can afford Gunlord, is going to have Gunlord. I don't hear of anyone complaining about how they wanted to buy one and were willing to shell out the money but they were sold out. And I'm sure they figured that the price point they set is the one that's going to be the most profitable for them. For a retailer to be selling one of their games for $400, I doubt they would be getting much profit off of that. Just think, that $400 includes the shipping of the games and the retailers markup. How much is left for NG: DEV to make a profit after all of their costs are added in. We're talking about probably a years work. These guys have to make a living. I think we all have to put the issue of pricing to bed. If you can afford it great, if you can't, oh well.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
It would be cool to have that on MVS, however, they already mentioned

A yes sorry read it but forgot it when seeing on kickstarter sth about NGDEV people involved in making REdux.

Anyway peeople! Please support REdux on kickstarter so that the additional goals will be reached! :)

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The point of ordering directly from NG: DEV is that there is no middleman, so the customers get the lowest prices and developers get the most revenue.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
How do you play original Last Hope in Last Hope Pink Bullets?

How do you play original Last Hope in Last Hope Pink Bullets? I just recently finally played my Last Hope Pink Bullets MVS cart, but it seems to only have Pink Bullets mode on it. I can't for the life of me find any option to play the original, harder version of the game. I thought the newly released MVS cart would have all the modes, just like the NGCD version lets you select any of the pre-Pink Bullets modes. Are you telling me my MVS cart is only Pink Bullets? That sort of blows.

Status
Not open for further replies.