Guess what? SNK releasing new KOF Rhythm game! Get your smartphones ready....

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Still, 1 million downloads is nothing to sniff at.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I wonder how many dls did that Sam Sho Kai Kai Kai thing had.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Hard to say since its all funded by microtransactions for music packs.

Reigami

n00b
Would be pretty awesome if it was enough to supplement some of the costs of development of new console/arcade titles.

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
Would be pretty awesome if it was enough to supplement some of the costs of development of new console/arcade titles.

45629_funny_wtf_tom_cruise_laughing.jpg

Shanadria

New Challenger
Nop, no way.

We all know that all benefits from that game will go to another rhytm game or another Metal Slug explotation game

jdotaku

Angel's Love Slave
I enjoyed it but never got around to putting any money into it. Perhaps I should but then as others mentioned it may be a poor investment if it just leads to more of the same and not new material

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
They have not released any updates for the game since last year ( https://www.youtube.com/user/snkplaymoreGame/videos ; https://twitter.com/snkpofficial)
The game probably wasn't a hit, at least not like Metal Slug Defense which still gets some updates.

Metal Slug Defense is a nice game. Only complain from me is that they seem to include nothing from Metal Slug 4. I know it's all recycled from previous games, so technically MS4 is there, but the music is not recycled and I like MS4's 1st mission music. All the other slugs (even 6) seem to have been represented somehow.

Regards.

Fygee

20 Year Member
The game had over a million downloads, which I would still consider to be a pretty big success. I read that it was more popular overseas than here in the US, so I'm not sure if that number is worldwide or domestic.

At any rate, I figure they probably don't see a need to update it any further, outside of potential bugs or incompatibility with future versions of Android/iOS. There's already plenty of add-on music available for purchase, and the game is solvent as is.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Well, file this thread under "Who gives a fuck".

I think the news and rumors/general discussion/neo-related forums should get pruned from the site, they no longer serve any purpose.

KOF Beast Busters

I hate rythm games. I did like the Kof shooter an beat em up though. Still id like to see kof get a rest an motw 2 get released.

Have you played or noticed the KOF beast busters game? I downloaded it but have yet to spend any time on it.

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
Well, SNKP is not what they used to be. Their recent KOF games are either trash like KOF 12, or good, but has weak online play like KOF 13. I have not heard of any new KOF game in the works. Doing up pure sprites in HD is too much work. They can do what arc system work did with guilty gear xrd, using cel shaded models on polygons, but they aren't that bright. They can continue to support mobile games and re-release their old games for all I care. They are no longer relevant to me.

Last edited:

Fygee

20 Year Member
The game is barely out a year and they're delisting it? After it got multimillion downloads?

Something is up. There has be some sort of weird reason they're delisting it. Removing it makes no business sense.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Could there be music in it to which they no longer have the rights? Licensing is what did in stuff like Afterburner Climax.