Grrr think ive bought a dodgy last blade:AES

ocdspacemonkey

Crossed Swords Squire
Hi there

Just wondering if i could have some help from you kind chaps

What it is., ive bought a copy of last blade for my aes from akiba-connect on ebay which i recieved a couple of hours ago.

First off i open the box..,grab the cart ready to plonk straight in the machine and i instantly notice a loose kind of feel to the cart, it felt like the boards where rocking all over in the cart case

Second off i put the cart in the machine and switch on and the game wont boot up properly, the snk mega 330 screen was just in blocks, you couldnt really see the writing at all,
i then take the cart out and try again but it was just the same, so i try a few more times and then instead of the blocky snk mega 330 screen i started getting a blue kind of bios screen appearing which ive never seen, with two headings.. 16bit and 8bit with a list of colums/rows underneath where you can change parameters? for the given heading,

Then after more trys the cart starts working......i played for a while and notice nothing wrong with the game apart from that there is no music in battles.....which im not sure if its actually how its ment to be??

So everything seems well, i stop playing take the cart out, give it a little examination and the first thing that strikes me is "This Cart Has Been Fuking Opened"
I then go on to compare this cart with my other carts and to my eye this cart has been tampered with, this game has 2 marks on each side of the cart case...round the rim where it opens up, on no other game of mine, even an oldy like riding hero there isnt these prominent marks.........

hmmmmmmmm im gonna get some pics up.

ocdspacemonkey

Crossed Swords Squire
News just in , this screen came up again
DODGYYY.jpg

Then after another reinsert, this other dodgy screen came up
DODGYYYY2.jpg

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Rattling is completely normal. I'd try cleaning it also. It might just be that.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
rattling more than normal however, is not normal.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Grab some q-tips and rubbing alcohol, and even give it a good eraser scrub.

All my carts rattle, its normal

sounds like a dirty cart

Drakon

New Challenger
when I picked up my neo driftout mvs it did all sorts of strange stuff. After some good cleaning on the contacts it began working like new again

Golgoth-13

n00b
What it is., ive bought a copy of last blade for my aes from akiba-connect on ebay...

So... what are the news for your problem ???
Have you been able to fix it ?
I'm wondering... A french guy is involved in Akiba Connect... I've made several and big deals with him (understand very rare and expensive stuff)... and from my personnal experience, I've never been disappointed !
Another point... he's the man who gets the most protective packet your newly expensive buy deserves.
If there's a problem, I think you can get in touch with him.
Let us know...

S

sphystes

I cant manage to make a make a new topic so I'm posting this here. I need to know if these pictures can prove if this big tournament golf homecart is real or a conversion from mvs. Thank you!

P1010005.jpg

P1010006.jpg

P1010008.jpg

P1010009.jpg

Kunio

Mr. Big's Thug
I'd say this one looks shady. It is well soldered, but someone has done soldering at locations where there are no chips which usually means that there was a chip in that location in the donor cart that has been removed.

Look at the C-chips locations (top row) in the top picture. Someone has tampered with basically all locations where there are no chips.

Real carts have no reason to look like that so I'd say conversion, but that's my two cents.

It's a great game so don't be mad if you paid the right price for it, but if someone sold it to you for the price on the master list, it may be time to invest in a baseball bat.

I'm not sure, but this looks funky.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I'd say this one looks shady. It is well soldered, but someone has done soldering at locations where there are no chips which usually means that there was a chip in that location in the donor cart that has been removed.

Look at the C-chips locations (top row) in the top picture. Someone has tampered with basically all locations where there are no chips.

Real carts have no reason to look like that so I'd say conversion, but that's my two cents.

It's a great game so don't be mad if you paid the right price for it, but if someone sold it to you for the price on the master list, it may be time to invest in a baseball bat.

I'm not sure, but this looks funky.

Sorry to sound harsh, but what are you talking about?

Every cart that I've taken apart had solder beads on the empty chip sockets, wether they be MVS or AES.

The soldering looks like a factory job, it's perfect and even soldering.

+1 for dirty contacts. Clean that mug!

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
Sorry to sound harsh, but what are you talking about?

Every cart that I've taken apart had solder beads on the empty chip sockets, wether they be MVS or AES.

The soldering looks like a factory job, it's perfect and even soldering.

+1 for dirty contacts. Clean that mug!

Yeah I'm not seeing anything off on solder beads either ?!

Kunio

Mr. Big's Thug
Every cart has solder beads in empty sockets, it's just that the C-ones looked a bit odd to me when I looked at them. Now that you say so, the P2, EP1 and EP2 sockets look kind of the same way and games with chips in all those locations are rare, so I doubt anything was removed from there. It looks like I have to take my hat off and say sorry for being wrong.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Sucks somebody probably damaged a Big Tournament Gold label. :crying: