Greetings from Germany

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Honestly, no clue if Shroom and Lone Saga are trolling or being real xD. I join a gaming community just to be told I shouldn't getting into it in the first place which is kinda funny xD.
You absolutely should not be getting into Neo in 2022. That’s not just me talking, ask your girlfriend or your mother or your accountant or just any idiot on the street. You’re a decade late for MVS and three decades late for home carts. Buy a Ferrari instead.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Buy a MiSTer and this dark place isn't about video games. Hope you aren't another Shmuppy alt.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Fuck these haters, nothing beats the rush and satisfaction of a 1CC or entering funny initials like ASS at the top of the high scores

ChoAniki

n00b
Are you the same guy who was on lddb.com showing pictures of his home carts and then on like the second or third page of the thread let us all know that MVS is cheaper than AES?

I ask because it seems like there couldn’t be two different people who would both drop thousands of dollars on games without at least knowing about identically programed arcade carts being cheaper, whether or not they cared.
No, never heard about Iddb.com, definitely not the same person. The idea for collecting Neo Geo MVS is just a month old . Didnt spend a euro on Neo Geo stuff yet, so no carts or anything Neo Geo related.

Yeah, didnt heard about the identically programed arcade carts, is it like a normal JAMMA arcade board or similiar or do you mean AES vs MVS?

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I mean the relationship between AES vs MVS.

The German web must not mention the relationship as often as the English community does. It’s absolutely not a secret to any gamer in the US or Japan…not since like 1995 anyway. Crazy Dion and Co made sure EVERYONE knew it by selling pirate conversions. :)

ChoAniki

n00b
I mean the relationship between AES vs MVS.

The German web must not mention the relationship as often as the English community does. It’s absolutely not a secret to any gamer in the US or Japan…not since like 1995 anyway. Crazy Dion and Co made sure EVERYONE knew it by selling pirate conversions. :)
I wanted collect for the MVS because its pretty much like the AES, just much cheaper. I mean I could never afford AES at all, maybe a handful games but when I can get the same games for cheaper I take that route (in this case I mean the catridges, of course I could get SNK compilations). Yeah, should be careful about conversions or bootlegs, dont want any of these even when its cheaper and mentioned.

I googled about Dion and man, fuck him.... How often was it the case that somebody scammed somebody here?

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
If I think of the time I've spent on something like mario kart and consider I could probably be fluent in another language, or play the piano or whatever, I don't feel great about my rainbow road lap records.
stop playing warzone.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I got into AES again in 2022 but I’ve kept my ambitions small. From memory here’s what my stuff cost me in 2022:

A boxed modded AES (thank you Tarma) £550
Nam 1975 cart £40
Fatal Fury 1 cart £35
King of Fighters 95 cart £50
Alpha mission 2 cart £80
Samurai Spirits 1 boxed with manual (my only stupid purchase, 2 is better) £45
Samurai Spirits 2 boxed with manual £40
Fatal Fury Special boxed with manual £40
Magician Lord boxed with manual £200
World Heros 2 £40

I’ve also got Cyber lip (cart and manual no box) and Art of Fighting 2 (boxed with manual) on route.

So I’m blowing on average around £100 a month on this stupid hobby when I could do it for a fraction of that cost on MiSTER. But I like playing the games I own, with Roms I have everything so I never play anything.

And if I get bored in 2 years I’ll probably not lose money on any of this stuff. Compared to other hobbies that’s really not too bad.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The words loose and home carts make my brain malfunction for a second. Number 1, who the hell threw away the case and manual. Number 2, who the hell buys a loose cart. Like adopting a legless dog. God bless you for giving it a home, but are you really happy with it, knowing there are whole ones out there?

Dear Lord, isn't the point of collecting home carts so you've got the case to show off on your shelf?

Last edited:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Loose homecarts?

No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
The words loose and home carts make my brain malfunction for a second. Number 1, who the hell threw away the case and manual. Number 2, who the hell buys a loose cart. Like adopting a legless dog. God bless you for giving it a home, but are you really happy with it, knowing there are whole ones out there?

Yeah I’m totally happy. I like playing the games on original hardware but don’t want to pay retarded prices unless I have to.

I do agree who the fuck loses the case in the first place? At least that means they take up less space…

ChoAniki

n00b
oh you sweet summer child
Oh no, sounds not good xD. I mean over the 4 years of collecting I got scammed once where I was fucked and lost money but luckily just 50€. Other times people tried but got money back because PayPal G&S is a thing (most of the time it was sending stuff in much worse condition).

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I got into AES again in 2022 but I’ve kept my ambitions small. From memory here’s what my stuff cost me in 2022:

A boxed modded AES (thank you Tarma) £550
Nam 1975 cart only £40
Fatal Fury 1 cart only £35
King of Fighters 95 cart only £50
Alpha mission 2 cart only £80
Samurai Spirits 1 boxed with manual (my only stupid purchase, 2 is better) £45
Samurai Spirits 2 boxed with manual £40
Fatal Fury Special boxed with manual £40
Magician Lord boxed with manual £200
World Heros 2 £40

I’ve also got Cyber lip (cart and manual no box) and Art of Fighting 2 (boxed with manual) on route.

So I’m blowing on average around £100 a month on this stupid hobby when I could do it for a fraction of that cost on MiSTER. But I like playing the games I own, with Roms I have everything so I never play anything.

And if I get bored in 2 years I’ll probably not lose money on any of this stuff. Compared to other hobbies that’s really not too bad.
£1,120

*Sigh*

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
£1,120

*Sigh*
That’s low for this stupid hobby.

It’s easy to spend that on a year’s membership for a golf course, and you won’t get it back when you realise golf sucks.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Oh no, sounds not good xD. I mean over the 4 years of collecting I got scammed once where I was fucked and lost money but luckily just 50€. Other times people tried but got money back because PayPal G&S is a thing (most of the time it was sending stuff in much worse condition).

People here have been scammed for five figures on a single game by other forum members. This is a completely straight statement of fact, although I wish I was exaggerating. The higher the roller the lower the scammer.