Got laid off...less than a month before xmas

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
That is ultra garbage. Im sorry man. People have no heart.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Microsoft did bunch of layoff notice just in time for Christmas… suck to know how many days left before you have to pack up and leave A friend told at the end of this month they are done and bunch others even the janitorial staff .

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I haven't gotten drug tested since the 90s. I failed. It was for a job with Best Buy. Years later I got a job at Circuit City and they only drug tested one guy who got hired in and it was a week or two after they hired him because he started fucking up on the job. It was intentional to get rid of him. Most everyone at work smoked.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I haven't gotten drug tested since the 90s. I failed. It was for a job with Best Buy. Years later I got a job at Circuit City and they only drug tested one guy who got hired in and it was a week or two after they hired him because he started fucking up on the job. It was intentional to get rid of him. Most everyone at work smoked.

I worked in-house for PepsiCo years ago and they did drug tests. I failed because my urine was TOO clean. They made me not drink water for like 6 hours and do it again. I passed, but how do you FAIL because you pass too hard? lol

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
That's weird; I've never of a piss test result being "too clean". Maybe they thought you mixed up and used a substitute?

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
they call it diluted

happened to a friend of mine back in the day

he drank a shit ton of water for like 3 days to try and pass a test as part of some kind of court order

he had to retake it and failed

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I worked in-house for PepsiCo years ago and they did drug tests. I failed because my urine was TOO clean. They made me not drink water for like 6 hours and do it again. I passed, but how do you FAIL because you pass too hard? lol

It's to prevent people from watering it down as @roker mentioned. People try everything to cheat piss tests. As long as you have a clean friend it isn't that hard, but it will be uncomfortable because the piss needs to be at temperature.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
It's to prevent people from watering it down as @roker mentioned. People try everything to cheat piss tests. As long as you have a clean friend it isn't that hard, but it will be uncomfortable because the piss needs to be at temperature.
gay

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Some update to this "hilarity" I do get severance...but it doesn't pay out until Jan 1 - hahaha insult to injury
Could think of worse things to get on NYD though!! Fucking sucks hard getting layed off at such a pincher part of the year so I hope you get back to it somewhere else. Fuck big companies and their bullshit.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
How long does unemployment last now? I know people took nice long sabbaticals during Obama administration and Covid. What the status today?