Good Star Trek games?

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
The old computer game where you hunt for klingons on a star grid.

The old arcade game, where Spock's voice says 'Welcome aboard, captain' when you press start.

Those are the only ones I ever liked. The rest are crap, IMO.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I'm kind of partial to Konami's Star Trek game for the original gray scale Gameboy. It alternates between sidescrolling, Gradius-esque stages where you pilot the Enterprise and overhead Zelda-esque exploration stages where you control Kirk.

Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force is also a decent FPS (I've got the PS2 version, but I believe it's also availabe on PC).

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Federation Commander, if you want a board game. It's Space Combat but since you can't utilize 3D movement on a 2D board It's more akin to naval warfare which is fine by me. The game takes place in the alternate original series universe called the Starfleet Universe.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
Bridge Commander for PC was pretty good.

aria

Former Moderator
I have no idea if it's any good, but I was always curious about this game because it's (1) a prequel to my favorite film and (2) has the best actors from it:

aria

Former Moderator
Oh and
lol.

Should I feel bad that I got totally into watching that?

John de Lancie makes everything more enjoyable. The should just reboot the TV show as "Star Trek: Q" and make it just about him going around and screwing around with various aliens and ships. Add Worf as his roommate and Data as a wacky neighbor and you've got yourselves a party.

hoop-jones

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I liked both "A final unity" and "DS9 Harbinger" when they came out, but i actually really can´t tell if those were any good or if just my enthusiasm for Star Trek in general made me like them back in the day...

Segata_Sanshiro

Tesse's Maintainence Man
15 Year Member
Should I feel bad that I got totally into watching that?

John de Lancie makes everything more enjoyable. The should just reboot the TV show as "Star Trek: Q" and make it just about him going around and screwing around with various aliens and ships. Add Worf as his roommate and Data as a wacky neighbor and you've got yourselves a party.

Nope

It's basically an episode

childsremix

Overtop Pathfinder
I've always liked ST: Armada, it's an RTS, the sequel is ok too but I prefer the first.

Gigaton Chode

Zero's Tailor
Bridge Commander for PC was pretty good.

Oh yeah, Bridge Commander with the Kobayashi Maru mod is pretty sweet. The ships, maps, and features it adds makes the game considerbly more fun to play around with in multiplayer.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Star Trek Online is actually pretty fun space combat. Feels very Star Trekkie. Especially early on.

J. Max

judas,
I liked Bridge Commander too. Download the voice command pack though because it makes it much, much easier. And the old Sega arcade game is great too.

Now that I think of it, the good Star Trek games outnumber the bad ones. The 16-bit console ones all suck, and the FMV games (like Star Trek:Borg) also suck, but the vast majority are pretty good. Loved Elite Force too, although I liked it better on PC than consoles.

Curt

apostate
Just announced - Star Trek 2012
xlarge_startrek.jpg

Kotaku said:
For the first time in Trek gaming history, players will be able to step into the shoes of Kirk and Spock, working together to save the galaxy from a "legendary alien race". The story is a continuation of the 2009 film, so expect to see the likenesses of Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto instead of Shatner and Nimoy. I'm fine with that. Judging by the game's description of action-packed combat and the initial screenshot, the latter pair would have looked terribly out-of-place here anyway.

Star Trek features a brand new story written by God of War writer Marianne Krawczyk, overseen by movie writers Bob Orci and Alex Kurtzman, so expect a compelling narrative that closely follows the fiction of the new film franchise.

"Star Trek challenges the boundaries of co-op gameplay with a galactic adventure that gamers and fans have never experienced," said Tom Lesinski, President of Paramount Digital Entertainment. "Working closely with the Star Trek filmmaking team throughout development, the game is sure to deliver AAA production values, a wide variety of gameplay and all the action you would expect from the hit franchise. This will be the definitive Star Trek gaming experience."

Those are some bold words there. The definitive Star Trek gaming experience for me was Interplay's Star Trek: 25th Anniversary from back in 1992. If Paramount Digital can dethrone that classic, then we're in for something pretty damn amazing.

Star Trek is due out for the PlayStation 3, PC, and Xbox 360 in the summer of 2012.