good/favorite cheap game

tighecg

Armored Scrum Object
I have been playing a lot of baseball stars professional with my son lately. I really, really like this game. Not just because it's a way for my son and I to have fun together, I'm genuinely having allot of fun with it myself. What does everyone around here think are good 'cheap' games?

DragonmasterDan

King's Dry Cleaner
I have been playing a lot of baseball stars professional with my son lately. I really, really like this game. Not just because it's a way for my son and I to have fun together, I'm genuinely having allot of fun with it myself. What does everyone around here think are good 'cheap' games?

Yep, while I do genuinely believe this game cheats like a politician on their wive (or husband). It's a lot of fun, and if you play two player it's especially great. Is it as good as Baseball Stars 2? No, but it's better than 2020 and packs a lot of fun and replay value in for what last I knew was one of the least expensive games on the platform.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Magician Lord on the AES. It can get frustrating, but it's a good game anyways. Or SMB on the NES ;)

johhnnyD14

Hardened Shock Trooper
$50 or less (w/o shipping):
Art of Fighting 2
World Heroes 2
Samurai Shodown 1&2
Fatal Fury Special

$100 or less (w/o shipping):
Blue's Journey
Baseball Stars Professional
Fatal Fury 3
KOF '94 and '95

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
On MVS Magical Drop 2 and Samsho2 are both around $25 (though people here like to overcharge for MD2 for some reason).
Depending on how old your son is, MD2 might be a hit for you guys (MD3 has more bouncing boob animations iirc).

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Probably not what you had in mind, but I have put far more hours into UNO for the Xbox 360 than I would like to admit. It's a nice way to wind down at the end of a day with a drink or two.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
mlb power pros is a great series from konami (longer series in japan, i think was only 2 releases in the us)

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
On MVS Magical Drop 2 and Samsho2 are both around $25 (though people here like to overcharge for MD2 for some reason).
Depending on how old your son is, MD2 might be a hit for you guys (MD3 has more bouncing boob animations iirc).

Seconded on Magical Drop 2. My wife is not a gamer, but she really likes that game a lot. I like it too.

Also seconding SamSho 1 and 2. You should be able to get the first Metal Slug on MVS for around $50 if you're patient. It isn't a favorite around here, but I also think that Burning fight is good fun. If it's sports games that you're interested in, Super Sidekicks 3 is a ton of fun. Neo Turf Masters of course, but that's more like $65.

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
Tenchu on psone
KOF dream match 99 on Dreamcast
Ridge Racer type 4 on psone
KOF 99 on psone
Shinobi PS2

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
has to be fatal fury special. i play this more than the expensive games i own.

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
has to be fatal fury special. i play this more than the expensive games i own.

This!

I picked this up with SS2 and AOF2 for $120 shipped from Japan. It arrived in four days. In this market, I consider that to be super cheap and a hell of a good deal!

Hours and hours of enjoyment will be had with these titles!

Missile

Another Striker
Agree about Fatal Fury Special. Although the one player game isn't always that fun with the cheating AI. I saw an AOF2 (AES) on Ebay that didn't sell the other day for about £30 ($43). That's less that a modern game. Anyone new to Neo Geo collecting can still get some good bargains.

violentluke

New Challenger
ive been pretty happy investing my time into sam sho 2 and aero fighters 2. Think I paid like $25 bucks each for them here recently

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Tenchu on psone

BE THE BUSH.

I used to live in Stockton for a few years when I was a kid. Lived in Morada for a little while, then over near the Marina on Ben Holt off of I-5.

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
Only for AES? I'd have to say Magician lord or Nam 1975. On MVS you have a ton of options for loose carts. Metal Slug 1 is still pretty cheap last time I looked.

Stellarola

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
Bushido Blade - PSOne

I remember playing this with a friend back in the day who wasn't great at fighters. The aspect of being able to take down an opponent with a single blow allows players of all skills to stand a chance.

I'm not sure the skill level/age of your kid but I believe this would make for an entertaining time for the two of you.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
MVS
Samurai Shodown 2
Fatal Fury Special
Savage Reign
World Heroes 2 Jet

NeoTurfMasters
Super Sidekicks 2 (very cheap, very good - though in the end I've heard you might want to get Ultimate 11)

Magical Drop 2

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
NGH: Samurai Shodown II & Blue's Journey. Not long ago also ASOII was dirt cheap.

Additional other consoles: Kujakou 2 (MD), Final Fight CD (MCD), Virtua Racing (32X), F-Zero (SFC), Layer Section (SS), Road Blaster (PS1)... just to name a few.

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
These are some popular inexpensive multiplayer games to play with children across several platforms at my house:

League Bowling on AES
Puzzle Bobble on MVS
Splash Lake on PC Engine CD
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: The Arcade Game on NES
Sonic 3 on Genesis
Tetris Attack on SNES

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
These are some popular inexpensive multiplayer games to play with children across several platforms at my house:

League Bowling on AES
Puzzle Bobble on MVS
Splash Lake on PC Engine CD
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: The Arcade Game on NES
Sonic 3 on Genesis
Tetris Attack on SNES

Excellent choices all around, I especially like your mention of Splash Lake. That game's an undiscovered gem!

tighecg

Armored Scrum Object
mlb power pros is a great series from konami (longer series in japan, i think was only 2 releases in the us)

My boy is seven, decent skills for current gen, the old school stuff is still kicking his ass tho. We really are not sports game fans, at least I'm not, I was gonna say I haven't played sports games since bases loaded on the Nintendo but I forgot about the power pro games, they are pretty great. Also we play the mutant league games, but I wouldn't call them cheap. I'm gonna have to try MD2, to try and get my wife into it too. He likes the SamSho games too, but hasn't quite got the hang of them yet. Plus I'm not too sure how I feel about him playing them, they are more violent than typical fighters I feel. But hey, we watch marvel movies too, and love them, and the violence is only second to the story in those movies

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
Would like to add KOF XI for PS2.
And Bushido Blade for psone.
Also KOF 95, Layer Section, and Vampire Hunter for Saturn.

Last edited: