good/favorite cheap game

tighecg

Armored Scrum Object
I would also like to thank classic gaming quarterly for finally convincing me to go with everdrives. Same feel as the real thing, and the ultimate in cheap. Actually going through the process of selling everything but neo, and a few examples of each system that are good games with great art. For example, the only games I kept for the genesis are the mutant league games and a mega drive gaiares.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I would also like to thank classic gaming quarterly for finally convincing me to go with everdrives. Same feel as the real thing, and the ultimate in cheap. Actually going through the process of selling everything but neo, and a few examples of each system that are good games with great art. For example, the only games I kept for the genesis are the mutant league games and a mega drive gaiares.
Everdrives are a easy way to play the more expensive games.For cheap good neo-geo games damn that's hard to think up,prices have been going up.Still few of these come to mind on mvs.
Magical Drop 2
Fatal Fury Special
Samurai Shodown 1&2
League Bowling
Double Dragon,to me it's a ok fighter.

Last edited:

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
If we can include other systems I'd like to add two more.

Legend of Oasis for Sega Saturn! CIB - this game is still cheaper than most AES games. My copy is missing the manual, but otherwise complete for under $35.
NES has a ton of great games that can be had cheap. I picked up a mint in box Dragon Warrior for under $50 shipped.

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
Most games tend to be ;)

True! ... After purchasing my AES (for the second time :( ) and getting some games, I went on eBay to look at saturn games, as my buying is cyclical. Some of the most expensive games are on average with the lowest priced AES games. Strange world indeed. :) Legend of Oasis is one hell of a game though! If you have a Saturn, you need that game.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Art of Fighting is my all-time favorite poverty cart.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member

I should really be getting a commission on those Everdrive sales. :mr_t: I don't know how many people have bought them because of those videos, but the vids have over 70k views combined, so even if 0.1% of the viewers ended up buying EDs at least in part due to me, that's 700 x average price of $100 = $70,000. Krikzz gave me a couple of freebies unsolicited though, so he's a cool cat.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
lol, I've only seen one of your videos, it was the PSX video, EDs have been around for a long time, they used to be called Flash Carts.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
lol, I've only seen one of your videos, it was the PSX video, EDs have been around for a long time, they used to be called Flash Carts.

Yeah, I messed around with the pre-Everdrive flash carts. I even had a Super UFO for my SNES. The ED is so much better.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I just watched the Everdrive GB episode and I'm so sad Jibbajaba isn't a black guy.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
onimusha 1,2,3 and dawn of dreams on ps2. great adventure/rpg games that can be found for $10 or less

turbosage

Zero's Secretary
15 Year Member
My original comment for AES games: Fatal Fury Special!! Also, Sam Sho are wonderfully cheap and amazing!

My heart is always with the NGPC games that are crazy cheap! Can get CardFighters Clash and all the awesome Fatal Fury R1 games for pennies!!

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
Real Bout Fatal Fury Special is good, cheap fun on the MVS, as is King of Fighters 96 and Samurai Shodown

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
World Heroes. What's with all the non-NEO answers in the NEO section?

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Yeah, I'd have to go with Fatal Fury Special.

I also play the original Art of Fighting quite a lot, for some strange reason.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Yeah, I'd have to go with Fatal Fury Special.

I also play the original Art of Fighting quite a lot, for some strange reason.

I play AOF as well. Very nostalgic for me when I play AOF and Ninja Combat.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Very nostalgic for me when I play AOF and Ninja Combat.

That is so cool. Incredible, how easily video games can revoke our memories, trigger deep feelings. It's almost scary to see their potential to affect us and cause dismay. Like a neurosurgeon pestering the more delicate regions of our brain with a long cold needle.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
No one has mentioned Aero Fighters 2 yet. Some mindless two player co-op blasting, usually under $50 on mvs.