Good Deal?

starscream615

, m(o)(o)bs, they're awesome.
5380_106697676906_761846906_2104184_1952217_n.jpg

I am about to buy this American Naomi Cab for $850 delivered in my local area. The cab is giant and there is a bit of screen burn but it comes with two cp's including a sanwa blast city fighting cp and a world series baseball cp. It also includes a few games:

Heavy Metal Geomatrix
Virtua Tennis (Power Smash)
WWF Royal Rumble
Virtua NBA
Capcom Vs. SNK
Mobile Suit Gundam
World Series 99
Power Stone (Error 01)

That seem like an ok deal to everyone??? I just want to make sure as my wife is going to kill me when this is in the dead center of our living room for a month while we wait to close on a house.

cgbartek

Crazed MVS Addict
Is that Steve's Naomi Uni?

I used to have one just like it, and what made me get rid of it is it takes up the same amount of space as a pinball machine and is difficult to move around (it looks like a showcase cab but it does not come apart).

Price is a little on the high end but the games and delivery make it a fair deal I guess. The typical going rate on a US Uni is $350-$500 with one game. Is there a GD-ROM included? Also I'm not sure but those World League Baseball panels might be analog joysticks, and the wiring in the US cabs is usually different than the Japanese ones (Molex instead of AMP).

Delivery is also a huge plus, but if I were you I'd wait until you moved in to the house, those things are so insanely big I could barely get it to fit in my pickup truck.

starscream615

Yea that's steves Naomi cab. I can't wait till I move to get it as he wants to get rid of it fast so he can get some other things in the space. Also he has the panel that fits it for the 2p12p cp. This will probably be my last cab for quite some time unless I come accross an awesome dk cab. Also I'm gonna hire a moving company to move me so hopefully moving won't be an issue.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Ugly.....

I don't think it's too bad of a deal.. Because of the games included...

15khz or 31khz?

cgbartek

Crazed MVS Addict
If it comes with the fighter panel that makes it a nice deal right there.

15khz or 31khz?
If it's the Wells-Gardner 9200 like the one mine had, it does all 3 resolutions, but you have to set the jumpers manually.

starscream615

Hey cg, do you know if those monitors are easily replaceable with a fresh new one? As in, there exists a drop in replacement. And yes, it comes with the fighter panel which looked brand new and had the correct molex connectors.

cgbartek

Crazed MVS Addict
I'm sure any American 27" monitor will fit in there with little effort.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
I'd say that's a great deal. Nice selection of games and delivery? :buttrock:
Congratulations, that's a beast of a cab, but very nice looking IMO. Hopefully you won't have to deal with any stairs.

starscream615

I'd say that's a great deal. Nice selection of games and delivery? :buttrock:
Congratulations, that's a beast of a cab, but very nice looking IMO. Hopefully you won't have to deal with any stairs.

Thanks!! I won't have any stairs for the first delivery but I'm moving into a home on a hill so... I probably should hire some really good movers. That and the big mamoth 6 slot neo cab are gonna be the worst I think.

Also, isn't Virtua NBA kinda hard to find?

starscream615

I'm sure any American 27" monitor will fit in there with little effort.

I may need your help with that buddy!!! Also, have you succeeded in putting a new monitor into any of your blasts. I'm really aching for all my monitors to have no burn.

cgbartek

Crazed MVS Addict
Also, have you succeeded in putting a new monitor into any of your blasts.
I've never tried it myself, but I know someone who got a curved Makvision 27" to fit by shaving the bezel, and someone who got a flat Neiman to fit by rear-mounting. The problem you run into on Blast Cities is they're semiflat tubes, and nobody makes semiflats anymore, so you have to employ some creativity to make it fit the bezel.

But with the US Naomi, it's universal mounting and contains a curved 27" tube, so basically anything will fit, a Wells-Gardner would be the best bet and might not even require any wiring modifications.

starscream615

I've never tried it myself, but I know someone who got a curved Makvision 27" to fit by shaving the bezel, and someone who got a flat Neiman to fit by rear-mounting. The problem you run into on Blast Cities is they're semiflat tubes, and nobody makes semiflats anymore, so you have to employ some creativity to make it fit the bezel.

But with the US Naomi, it's universal mounting and contains a curved 27" tube, so basically anything will fit, a Wells-Gardner would be the best bet and might not even require any wiring modifications.

I'll have to have you over for dinner or something so we can play around with it to see what will work.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
congrats on the score.

Wish I could find some decent deals in the chicago land area. Everyone still thinks a single beat up cab is worth 1000+.

Neogeofan12

Banned
With Steve bitching about how heavy was the Naomi at Doug's party (plus being burned out with the terrible Powerstone deal a whie back) I'm not too shocked that he sold it.

But damn, according to Steve it's mostly made of metal. Have fun with it. :loco:

Oh yeah, once you get the Naomi at your plac please do invites, I'm kind-of curious on that Mobile Suit Gundam game. :P

Last edited: