Good bye VBulletin -> Hello XenForo

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
Hello all,

As you can tell, there is a new forum in town. While an upgrade has been discussed for some time, this upgrade came more as a 'disaster recovery' effort than a planned transition.

For the curious, we never were going to upgrade to VBulletin 5. That process was essentially the same as migrating to this package or another package, basically start over with the data imported from the older software, good luck....

With the 'guts' of the Forum ready for use, we have enabled the site (actually, I literally sent staff an email saying I was turning it on earlier, no warning!). There is still a long road to travel tweaking the look, feel, and functionality to bring back that classic look and that Neo Geo immersion, but there is no need to keep the gates closed while the staff slowly climb the mountain of the new software's interface.

Hopefully chat will return soon, and there are plans to try to integrate the rest of the site into this forum shell. But as previously mentioned, we have a long way to travel to get there.

Fun fact, it took 4 days to bring (import) 20 years of Neo Geo history into this new shell.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Out of curiosity how big was the DB backup? Even with compression it had to be insane.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
I wonder if the XenForo team ever expected a 20-year-old database to run through that importer. Somebody probably whipped it together, tested it on a site with 10 posts, and declared victory.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
It's gonna take me some getting use to for this format for the forum,oh well no problems.Though i notice,last sell thread i made here is gone i guess it got lost in the move.Guess i'll have to make a new one then.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
The New Neo Geo

The 'Neo' Neo Geo

Neo--Geo

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Thanks, team. There's too much historical information on here to be lost. Appreciate the effort.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Great Job thus far,considering the cicumstances!
BB

Hine62

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
The forum looks great. Thank you for all your hard work!

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Bring back the old avatars and smileys database too! They rocked!

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Meh... Whingeing wankers....

Don't worry Mousey... I appreciate you man...

Did they not read the fact that this is a new build and the niggles are still in place?

Infact Mousey... let's keep the new colour plan and setup and they can either get use to it or fook off somewhere else...

xROTx

Last edited:

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Thank you for all your monumental effort to make this happen, we're not worthy! 😃

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
This is probably the wrong time to ask about TapaTalk support. For what it’s worth, the site is viewable on TapaTalk; however, log in fails.

Thanks for saving the forum!

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Legendary work MM, thanks for the continued hard work.