Good bye VBulletin -> Hello XenForo

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
Hello all,

As you can tell, there is a new forum in town. While an upgrade has been discussed for some time, this upgrade came more as a 'disaster recovery' effort than a planned transition.

For the curious, we never were going to upgrade to VBulletin 5. That process was essentially the same as migrating to this package or another package, basically start over with the data imported from the older software, good luck....

With the 'guts' of the Forum ready for use, we have enabled the site (actually, I literally sent staff an email saying I was turning it on earlier, no warning!). There is still a long road to travel tweaking the look, feel, and functionality to bring back that classic look and that Neo Geo immersion, but there is no need to keep the gates closed while the staff slowly climb the mountain of the new software's interface.

Hopefully chat will return soon, and there are plans to try to integrate the rest of the site into this forum shell. But as previously mentioned, we have a long way to travel to get there.

Fun fact, it took 4 days to bring (import) 20 years of Neo Geo history into this new shell.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
I wonder if the XenForo team ever expected a 20-year-old database to run through that importer. Somebody probably whipped it together, tested it on a site with 10 posts, and declared victory.

Tron

Jaguar Ninja
It's gonna take me some getting use to for this format for the forum,oh well no problems.Though i notice,last sell thread i made here is gone i guess it got lost in the move.Guess i'll have to make a new one then.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Staff member
Meh... Whingeing wankers....

Don't worry Mousey... I appreciate you man...

Did they not read the fact that this is a new build and the niggles are still in place?

Infact Mousey... let's keep the new colour plan and setup and they can either get use to it or fook off somewhere else...

xROTx

Last edited:

M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Thank you for all your monumental effort to make this happen, we're not worthy! 😃

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
This is probably the wrong time to ask about TapaTalk support. For what it’s worth, the site is viewable on TapaTalk; however, log in fails.

Thanks for saving the forum!

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Staff member
looks even gayer than before
pfft.. you're a fine one to talk about how gay shite is...

You're eternal love affair with Sage has been preserved by this forum move as a warning to future man'bro's...

xROTx

Dr Shroom

щ(゚Д゚щ)
pfft.. you're a fine one to talk about how gay shite is...

You're eternal love affair with Sage has been preserved by this forum move as a warning to future man'bro's...

xROTx
at least re enable my signature rights, you homo.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
Thanks for your hard work, Mouse_Master. It is appreciated. If there is anything those of us who use this forum can do to keep it living, let us know. Take care bro.

glazball

Super Sidekicks 2
I appreciate all the hard work by the mods keeping everything pretty much intact. I think the new forums look sharp.

Poison Sama

點擊我的鏈接&#
The current forum upgrade seems to be going a lot smoother than the last major one. Though I do kinda miss the chaos that ensued as a result.

Orpheus

One Nut,
Hello all,

As you can tell, there is a new forum in town. While an upgrade has been discussed for some time, this upgrade came more as a 'disaster recovery' effort than a planned transition.

For the curious, we never were going to upgrade to VBulletin 5. That process was essentially the same as migrating to this package or another package, basically start over with the data imported from the older software, good luck....

With the 'guts' of the Forum ready for use, we have enabled the site (actually, I literally sent staff an email saying I was turning it on earlier, no warning!). There is still a long road to travel tweaking the look, feel, and functionality to bring back that classic look and that Neo Geo immersion, but there is no need to keep the gates closed while the staff slowly climb the mountain of the new software's interface.

Hopefully chat will return soon, and there are plans to try to integrate the rest of the site into this forum shell. But as previously mentioned, we have a long way to travel to get there.

Fun fact, it took 4 days to bring (import) 20 years of Neo Geo history into this new shell.

A big thanks to you Mouse as well as $hawn, Rot & all who helped.

It means allot that you were able to save the forums as they were. Much would have been lost if our history had to have been scraped.

Yeah, it sucks that we are no longer on V.Bulletin & that system was what we were used to & comfortable with but it's better than other alternatives. Hopefully with some time & tweaks we can get as close to the OG look & feel so that our new home feels like the old digs.

Do you happen to know if there might be a way to recover the avatars that were lost? I'm feeling a bit naked without Sailor Joe reping me.

incrediblehark

Pari-Dakar Rally Driver
Good to see the forums back up, with most of the other forums i used to lurk shutting down these past few years its good to see neo-geo.com still going strong.