Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder...a perfect game?

2D_Master

Is he greater than XD Master?
The team moves are rad.

Game is top notch, definately 9/10, because nothing is perfect.

neo_moe

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,

Not gonna lie IMO this is what "perfect" looks like when it comes to beat em ups. Sega hit a grand slam with this one.

I never played it, but looks very good....but not better than Streets of Rage 2 :p

Hey bro, as always, dig your vids.
I used to own the pcb.
I really like the raw power that comes through in the game, it's very brazen, extravagant.
But as a game it's a bit of a mess and not great. To me at least. A great audio visual experience but not a great hack and slash

yagamikun

20 Year Member
Yeah I wish they had released this on Saturn, the fools.

Never played it, looks good.
Yeah, it's really a shame that it never had a Saturn port - would have been perfect. I picked up the Arcade 1UP cab earlier this year and have put a fair amount of time into it. It's a solid arcade beat-em-up. A bit better than the original Golden Axe mechanically, but the sprite work is definitely a league above the first game. Not the best brawler out there, but certainly solid and worth a play.

awbacon

Rugal's Secretary
Yeah, it's really a shame that it never had a Saturn port - would have been perfect. I picked up the Arcade 1UP cab earlier this year and have put a fair amount of time into it. It's a solid arcade beat-em-up. A bit better than the original Golden Axe mechanically, but the sprite work is definitely a league above the first game. Not the best brawler out there, but certainly solid and worth a play.
Saturn would have been the perfect platform for it for sure

Xavier

Rugal's Panther
It caught my eye in 90's early 00's when they dumped it and started emulating it.
It didn't work very well for along time though.
I had a PCB for it but it had issues I couldn't fix or get repaired and I sold it for the draughtboard that should have been working fine.
I finally played it maybe 10 years ago a couple times, need to play it more.

awbacon

Rugal's Secretary
It caught my eye in 90's early 00's when they dumped it and started emulating it.
It didn't work very well for along time though.
I had a PCB for it but it had issues I couldn't fix or get repaired and I sold it for the draughtboard that should have been working fine.
I finally played it maybe 10 years ago a couple times, need to play it more.
def need to play it more