going rate for US Street Fighter III 3rd strike?

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
ok the tracking number works now - the package is currently in Washington. will pass the tracking number to Bill.

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
DevilRedeemed said:
ok the tracking number works now - the package is currently in Washington. will pass the tracking number to Bill.

w00t the package is in Ohio right now :) Should be here either today or tomorrow. Bummer I'm going out of state for the next 5 days, but my roommate should be around to sign for it.

Peace!
Bill

N80G80

Igniz's Servent
How dare you go on vacation bill :shame:

Dont forget to bring me back the pics you promised :lolz:

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
N80G80 said:
Dont forget to bring me back the pics you promised :lolz:

LOL u wish u prevert (in reference to nudie pics of my girlfriend).

-Bill

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
carts.jpg

:mr_t:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
LoL!
so they've arived. but that sully supplier of mine has neglected adding the brand new batteries he's promsied with the package. Bill can order them and they take about 3 days to arive, but I want to get my supplier to tell me why they wheren't included. in the end I'll have to work something out with Bill to save time.

apparently they are all legit US versions of the games. they have written on the back (of the carts?) 'for use in mexico' - but they are USA on bootup and that's a fact, jack.

erm... yeah, Bill. top of the morning to you.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
yeah about the Mexico thing, they where used in arcades in mexico that's why they have that written on the back (most of them) - they where bought from the USA though. my guy also has hispanic sets of the game (I think), japanese, and he had 2 euro sets but I picked them up (26 USA sets, 2 euro sets).

shmegne I accidentally deleted your pm :emb:
I'll get on it and what I find out I'll pass it on to you.

Last edited:

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
mobos.jpg

Just look at that PILE-O-MOTHERBOARDS + cdroms LOL

Awesome.

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
DevilRedeemed said:
apparently they are all legit US versions of the games. they have written on the back (of the carts?) 'for use in mexico' - but they are USA on bootup and that's a fact, jack.

I just wanted to clarify this a little bit... The back of all CPS3 cartridges have a sticker, depending on the region, that tells you only to play it in the designated region. USA carts generally have a red sticker on the back that says "For use in USA only" and a bunch of other disclaimers (dont' open, don't drop, etc.). These carts have a green sticker (not red) that is identical to the USA sticker, however it says "For use in Mexico only". The carts are indeed true USA versions however. The "splash" boot screen says USA, and all text in the game is english, and voices are un-censored japanese.

That is all... you can commence drooling over the pics ;)

-Big Bill

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
Wow! now thats a force to be recokoned with.

and i'm stuck with SFIII: New Generation. Hey DevilRedeemed, wanna trade. :mr_t:

but seriously, thats one of the coolest pics i've seen in a long time.

bk2099

New Challenger
about the mexico labels, is it possible that theyre re-programmed dead mexican carts? i'm wondering because i know a guy who re-programs dead usa carts into asians.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
bk2099 said:
about the mexico labels, is it possible that theyre re-programmed dead mexican carts? i'm wondering because i know a guy who re-programs dead usa carts into asians.
well labels on hispanic carts are blue so no, plus there is a hispanic version of the game (though it's fully in english I think). I get the feeling that hispanic gear is always the left over stuff, the residue, that gets distributed over here. take Red Earth hispanic for example - the one shipped with the 3s. it is hispanic (blue lable), but absolutely everything is in english. the label's written in english too. as far as CPSIII stuff goes anyways, seems they hardly made an effort.

I actually asked if the region for something like Red Earth or asian 3s could have the regions changed and was told no. and these guys where official Capcom distributors.

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
sorry for the slow update. Bill ordered the quantity of batteries required to do all the sets presold, so he should have them by now, and the battery swapping is imminent. I'm sure he'll post about it.

as for the rest of the sets, I think I'll be calling it a day and make alternative arrangements seeing as I've been asked by too many people to hold sets for them and they've just vanished or cancelled.
so I'll give it a couple more days if anyone wants a set get in touch, after that I'm not sure I can help.

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
I just got the batterys in yesterday, haven't had a chance to do any swaps.

I'll be swapping the 10 sets that I have probably tonight or wednesday night, and start shipping as soon as my internet @ home gets turned back on (i'll get to that in a sec). Also, when the battery swaps are done, i'll get all of the pre-order information from Igs and begin sending out shipping quotes for everyone. For international purchases, I'll be offering EMS and USPS Air Parcel Post. For domestic people, I'll be using USPS Priority mail.

Apparently my ISP has been monitoring for illegal downloads. I was downloading Metroid 2 for Gamecube over bit torrent, and I got a message on my screen saying my account has been suspended, call this 1-800 number to get it back. Well the 1-800 number wants a land line phone line for some reason, and I only have a cell phone. Now, I need to go down to the freakin office and bitch them out to get my shit turned back on. The office isn't open at any time that fits into my work schedule, so unless something comes up, I'll be internet-less @ home until Saturday. The fucked up thing is I actually own Metroid 2 for gamecube... I just wanted to burned version so I don't mess up my silver one :(

So anyways, wish me luck w/ the internet situation (i'm writing from work right now). I'll do my best to keep everyone posted.

Peace!
Bill

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
billd420 said:
The fucked up thing is I actually own Metroid 2 for gamecube... I just wanted to burned version so I don't mess up my silver one :(
Bill
is it anything like roms whereby if you own the original its not actually a crime to make a copy? or something? whatever, just want to publicly say thanks so much to you, couldn't have done it without you, and here's to many more similar ventures.

ShmengeTravel

Mature's Make-up Artist
Yeah really, in a case like that I dont think they have an arguement, you should be able to download the rom/iso as long as you own the original, its just an easier way of making a backup of what you already own. Screw them, man. :very_ang:

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
So I just got off the phone with my ISP's network technician. He explained to my that my ISP does NOT monitor my traffic for illegal downloads, rather a 3rd party has been monitoring the torrent download sites. If someone downloads copyrighted materials on "bugged" torrents, they report it to the ISP. Your ISP then gives you a warning, mine in particular gives you 3 strikes, and then no more internet. I tried to explain to him how I own the original gamecube title, and this was for archival purposes only, hoping to have the strike not count. He told me unfortunately the strike is there for good, and if Nintendo came after me I could probably argue that point. Basically a whole bunch of bullshit, and time wasted...

Long story short, I got a slap on the wrist, my nigga-net is back in action.

lesson learned, screw non-password protected trackers in the bit-torrent world. I might just give up torrents all together and get back to irc and newsgroups... who knows.

===

Anyways, about the 3rd strikes... I'm going to swap as many cartridges as I can over the next couple of days, and begin contacting those who have already paid Devilredeemed for their sets. I'll be in touch, feel free to PM me or IGS with any further questions.

Peace!
Big Bill

Sunoco

n00b
Don't know if you know this already, i use peer guardian with my torrent downloads. Basically blocks known IP's that usually track illegal downloads. And they don't monitor your downloading, it's your uploading.

So even if you have metroid 2, it's because you were uploading to other people that's causing you problems. Hope that helped Bill.

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
Sunoco said:
Don't know if you know this already, i use peer guardian with my torrent downloads. Basically blocks known IP's that usually track illegal downloads. And they don't monitor your downloading, it's your uploading.

So even if you have metroid 2, it's because you were uploading to other people that's causing you problems. Hope that helped Bill.

Oh word... does it work good? I was wondering if there were apps like that, but didn't know where to search.

-B