going rate for US Street Fighter III 3rd strike?

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
without art - working with a brand new battery swap - the works (CD Drive, MoBo, cart, CD)?

I'm picking up a large stock of them and I want to sell off a large portion of them straight up, so I could do it for less than market value if I get the amount of buyers I'm looking for (10+) at one time. I would have someone in the US (site member) do the battery swap and then I'd see if I couldn't get him to ship, if not I'd find a way around that. but it would be a money up front kind of deal like I've done in the past.

not talking deal of the century, I just want to see what the going rate is, they will cost me a fair amount so I don't want to keep them all as I said.

demirichris

Hardened Shock Trooper
Seems to be right around 600 bucks for the US version, with the battery swap maybe around 700.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Oh man, I'd love to have one of those.

Too bad I'm a poor jobless bastard right now ... :oh_no:

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
demirichris said:
Seems to be right around 600 bucks for the US version, with the battery swap maybe around 700.

Without art I don't think it would be that expensive, I'd say around 500$, but I could be wrong.

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
ShmengeTravel said:
I'm thinking more around $100 a kit.

:lol: Don't we all wish.

------

i'd say between the $350- $500 range.

N80G80

Igniz's Servent
DevilRedeemed said:
so would 480 with new battery be cool?

add me to the list of buyers, at that price. oh and billd420 has changed batteries numerous times, you might wanna shoot him a pm

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
N80G80 said:
add me to the list of buyers, at that price. oh and billd420 has changed batteries numerous times, you might wanna shoot him a pm
he is the man. and he is the man that would be doin' the swapin'.

ShmengeTravel

Mature's Make-up Artist
Yeah, add me to that list of buyers as well. This would be my first CPS3 system based game, and unfortunately, I fear it won't make it to my house in working order. Cause everyone knows, winking at a CPS3 cart the wrong way makes it commit suicide. :(

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
that's 2 people interested. 8 to go. if you want to pm me about it, want one of these, do so.

ShmengeTravel

Mature's Make-up Artist
Do you know a place (other than ebay) where I could find the artwork to go with it? And whats the deal with that final fight bootleg, I'm dying to see more pics! lol

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
no idea about the art.

as for Final Fight - god... I have the board sitting on a shelf just waiting to be hooked up and played. I jusdt haven't been able to get a good enough deal on a cab locally and I don't have the cash for a supergun. so I'm completly stumped for the time being. sorry people. I hope things change soon enough.

N80G80

Igniz's Servent
ShmengeTravel said:
Yeah, add me to that list of buyers as well. This would be my first CPS3 system based game, and unfortunately, I fear it won't make it to my house in working order. Cause everyone knows, winking at a CPS3 cart the wrong way makes it commit suicide. :(

thats not true, I have had a cps3 for a little while now, and its good and sturdy, the mobos, can be flaky, but so far that appears to be more of a shitty revision of the mobo in question (poor soldering) then it does mobo sensitivity

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
that's the magic number.

ok 7 more to go. can I count on you guys to come through when all is said and done? details will come to the fore soon.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
so that's 4 out of 10.

let's do this thing. if it goes well I may offer up another 5, but first this is the deal on the table.

I haven't posted anywhere else so if anyone wants to rouse up their friends do so.

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
Here are the current market values of different region 3rd strikes. I know these prices are accurate as I deal mostly in CPS3 hardware:

Asian: $500
Japanese: $550+
USA: $600+++ (I've seen USA Full kits hit the $1200 mark)

Last edited:

amphibious

n00b
I had a Third Strike CPS3 board and cart, etc that I sold a couple years back for what I remember being around $250. Has this game gotten way more expensive/popular since then? I've also been looking for a Super Turbo CPS2 board for a while and there's been nothing in eBay.

Crazy... should have never sold all my boards.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
alright that's 6 kits spoken for - 4 to go and then the flood gates open. if anyone else wants one after these 10 are spoken for I will hook you up but quantities are limited.
rock on.

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
ok, a 7th person has come forth and asked for me to hold a kit for them - that leaves 3 slots before this becomes a done deal.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
in that case.. ouch? but it happens. alot. everyone has sold stuff at prices that would later be redundant one way or another.